Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Road & Track: Z06 vs GT-R vs 911Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 11:45 PM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts

I think the "artificially low price" is an assumption, though. I wouldn't be surprised if Nissan makes a small profit on GT-Rs that they sell. (Just not as much as a 911 Turbo!) Like you said, no one would know unless you are part of Nissan management. There's also talk about Honda loses money per unit of NSX sold, and Honda always denies that. Who knows..

No doubt no one makes profit like Porsche. (I think Porsche is the most profitable car company in the world, correct?) I am sure a lot goes into that. Great history, brand image, marketing, product line mix, the product itself, of course, etc. Nissan certainly is not in the same position as Porsche.

Regarding the comment on market price being the price, I totally agree. But I think that GT-R will be sold at MSRP in a couple of years after the initial demand is satisfied.

Anyway, Nissan actually makes some interesting cars but most of them we don't get in the US. Many of them are what we would be considered the more "sporty" offerings. (turbocharged, RWD, lightweight, etc.)

Anyway, not here to defend Nissan. (Don't own a Nissan!) But just watching the new GT-R w/ interest, that's all. I think it is always good for us consumers when there's new competition. I can't wait to see the next generation 911 Turbo / GT-2!

Someone posted some pics when he visited Japan.. good collection of Nissan.. !

http://www.twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg...msg_id=2079707

Quick Reply: Road & Track: Z06 vs GT-R vs 911Turbo