Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

PCCB TSB GT2 (GT3 possible??)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Capt. Slow
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a question for you all.

Now please don't laugh -- this concerns a Boxster. An '07 with PCCBs.

Stock pads and fresh fluid. Last year at its first DE, fresh out of the beginner green group, so I am not exactly a fast driver, first hot lap - brake pedal goes soft. So I had to pump the pedal twice to get brakes. (The car had 2,000 miles on it, so I would think the pads and rotors had gotten well acquainted by then.)

Oh, the car is bone *** stock.

So to cut this short -- it's been to two different dealers five times for the same problem. Replaced the master cylinder once. No other parts changing. Two engineers from Atlanta came in last time and bled the system. No new parts.

And said that's it. It should be fine. And then hand me a list of fluids to use in "spirited driving" (aka track driving). Castrol SRF at the top, then Motul, etc.
And suggested Pagid Yellow RS 29 pads.

So I am not real convinced that they have solved the problem. If I leave it alone for the next DE and it does it again that should show that they didn't fix it. If I change fluid and pads, a. I won't know if they really fixed it and b. if it does it again, then what? Would it still be a warranty item?

So my questions are:

1. What brake fluids are you guys running? Stock? Other?

2. Should I really have to change fluid? I don't mind doing it, but it just doesn't seem like I should have to do that. You all have cars that are MUCH faster and I am sure you are MUCH faster drivers, too. And probably run R-compunds, too. All of which work the brakes far more than I can do.

3. Any other thoughts and/or advice?

I appreciate your time and attention.

Best,

- Mark
Old 05-10-2008, 02:14 PM
997gt3north
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mark,

What you experienced with your PCCBs is normal.
If you want give me a call and I will explain it to you (416.294.4973)
I experienced everything you did.
All is well now.
Search on my previous posts and you will see some of my thoughts

Read this thread, one I could find, and I metion it a bit.

The Porsche mechanics don't know about this even though it must have happened to at least 100 people by now - i.e. to everyone that has tracked the car.

Paul

my response in the below thread is #56

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-gt3-forum/382544-why-is-pccb-a-must-have-option.html

Quick Reply: PCCB TSB GT2 (GT3 possible??)