Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

AWE Tuning track turn down tip kit released:

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 11:36 AM
Todd/A.W.E.
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AWE Tuning track turn down tip kit released:

Even with the stock exhaust, some GT3/RS owners are getting black flagged at race tracks with strict noise limits.

This same issue affects race teams when they race at these same tracks, and the traditional method of "quieting down" an unmuffled race car is to place tips on the tailpipes that can aim the exhaust away from the sound monitoring stations.

We're pleased to release a turn down tip kit for use with the OEM rear muffler, or an other muffler/bypass kit that is designed to work with the stock tip section.

The turn down tips can be rotated 360 degrees once on the car to fine tune recorded sound volume levels.

As a cosmetic option, the turn down tips can be removed from our adapter plate and in their place can be installed our 3.5" diameter logo stamped diamond black or polished silver tips.

Installation and removal of this turn down kit is a simple affair, taking all of 10 minutes. OEM fasteners are retained.

Disclaimer: Sound volume testing is highly dependent on actual environment where the sound is measured. Thus, we cannot make any hard claims about how much this kit will actually reduce measured sound volumes. However, we offer the same turn down tips with our much louder than stock GT3/RS full exhaust, and owners have reported success using them at various tracks.

Any questions, let me know.

http://awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/p...L=997gt3tipkit
Old 02-28-2008, 12:21 PM
kailuadog
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Old Guy you have to get that License plate frame!!!!
Because you Do rule!

Great kit but does it work?
How much?
Old 02-28-2008, 02:37 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I wish this kit were mandatory for every "race-prepared" RX7.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Trevor Ely
Instructor

Originally Posted by nkhalidi
LOL. +1
Old 03-02-2008, 01:56 AM
prg
Pro

Originally Posted by nkhalidi
A bunch of rotary haters here I see

Sadly, I must admit sitting on a grid of idling standard formula mazdas sounds like you're amidst a herd of flatulent sheep. The beauty of a rotary is that I don't get to bend any valves if I make what would be a "money shift" in one of you elitist's fancy piston engines. I admit with some shame that this has saved me on more than one occasion when I've "upshifted" from 4th to 3rd.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:30 AM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This AWE Tuning exhaust pipe mod, together with the "rig the vac line somehow such that the flap never opens, you will be fine. you will pass 92db for sure. christian at carlsen knows how to do it" per Mooty's post, may be a really good way to pass the Laguna Seca noise cops.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Trevor Ely
Instructor

Originally Posted by prg
A bunch of rotary haters here I see

Sadly, I must admit sitting on a grid of idling standard formula mazdas sounds like you're amidst a herd of flatulent sheep. The beauty of a rotary is that I don't get to bend any valves if I make what would be a "money shift" in one of you elitist's fancy piston engines. I admit with some shame that this has saved me on more than one occasion when I've "upshifted" from 4th to 3rd.
Not a hater! It's just that noise, and that piercing tone AWOT.

Quick Reply: AWE Tuning track turn down tip kit released: