Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

First Oil Change----Easy

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 10:08 PM
kailuadog
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Oil Change----Easy

I just did my first oil change and I noticed that both oil drain plugs don't have any magnetic posts to catch any metal particles as the oil circulates. Does any one know where I can get some?

I even screen the oil to see if there was anything in the oil and I did find some excess gasket rubber pieces but that was it.....pretty clean.

This was the easiest oil change I have attempted on a new auto to me. I didn't even have to jack up the car. The parts only cost me about $80 for the filter & 10 qt.s of Mobile 1 in 0w-40.

Now I will attempt the '06 c4s as it is due in April....instead of the taking it to the dealer for $500 bucks. Awesome.......
Attached Images  
Old 02-25-2008, 12:56 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

KEWL passenger there Dawg!!

Tip on the oil change-on my 996 GT3 the filter housing was a bitch to get off after heating the car up. If you have that problem loosen the filter housing slightly(and I mean slightly) when cold THEN heat the car up and it will come right off.

Love your car man. You should look at the silver hood badge and silver badge center caps- they really look good on the silver and blue and even black cars.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:50 AM
gt2r
Advanced

Think about your engine..How many steel parts are in it? Case, pistons are alum, con rods are titanium, bushings are brass alloy..The only parts that could be magnitized are the rings, lifters, crank and cams..Not worth the bother for a magnetic oil plug..IMO
Old 02-25-2008, 05:57 PM
MarekN
Racer

Now there is a true enthusiast. A GT3 on a very small island, how perfect!

Quick Reply: First Oil Change----Easy