Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

excellent short read on inside racing stuff at porsche...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 03:14 PM
997gt3north
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default excellent short read on inside racing stuff at porsche...

- looks like tougher times may be coming

http://www.sportscarpros.com/not-tha...st/default.htm
Old 02-08-2008, 04:25 PM
MikeBat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not that positive an outlook.

It kind of makes me sad reading that emails went unanswered. The distance between Porsche and their clients. is something I see this in my every day life, and I hate my suppliers for it as well.

That said, there are different philosphies at work here, the German control vs the Italian artisan approach. It all depends on what the race team's needs are and their internal philosphies. Sometimes there is a good marriage, other times not.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Interesting read.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:39 PM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hummm...this guy has a bone in his throat for sure. Wiedeking policy towards racing is old news. Everybody knows that Porsche is still capitalizing the racing winning reputation earned in the 50's, 60's and 70's. Porsche is planning the return to the competition in a true German unemotional mathematical way - see for instance the investment made in the new Motorsport Zentrum in Weissach. I know they refused astronomical offers made by private teams to run the RS in Europe last year.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:39 PM
GREEK-TURBO-RACER
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've known Tony Dowe for quite a while. I respect and love him to death. His words are in short ....... the truth. Bottom line. It hurts , I am sure not only him , but many who have been down the same path as him. Don't want to get in it too deep , but you never know how things might change at Tafel. That is, if Porsche Motorsport will change.

Theo
Old 02-11-2008, 06:16 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by zicoramone
Hummm...this guy has a bone in his throat for sure. Wiedeking policy towards racing is old news. Everybody knows that Porsche is still capitalizing the racing winning reputation earned in the 50's, 60's and 70's. Porsche is planning the return to the competition in a true German unemotional mathematical way - see for instance the investment made in the new Motorsport Zentrum in Weissach. I know they refused astronomical offers made by private teams to run the RS in Europe last year.
Although I agree with your statement, I'd like to know why people (porschefiles) talk about how PAG is "capitalizing the racing winning reputation earned in the 50's, 60's and 70's" as if they haven't won much after that.

That maybe more true for companies like Ferrari that in the last 30-years hadn't done much of anything in the sports-car arena aside from last year and the 333 sp back in the early-mid 90's.

Last time I checked Porsche through the factory and privateers, have continued to win (some major) races/championships through the 80's, 90's and today!

Having said that, I really wish more of that engineering/technology would see it's way into the street cars...I'm getting kind of tired of the Marketing Dept.!

Quick Reply: excellent short read on inside racing stuff at porsche...