Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3 RS in Silver and Black

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 04:25 AM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zicoramone
Great. Congratulations. That carcoon is scary...

So is your avatar!

Oh, and as for the silver and black RS; it is now my favorite RS color combo.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:44 AM
StickShift964
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

HOLY CRAP THAT IS SWEET! I cant decide if i like silver with black or the black with grey that i saw once.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:14 PM
peachboy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crap, I think I'm regretting my ordering of Black on black on Black...love your color combo....
Old 01-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts

it must just be me, but that combo just does'nt work for me

Old 01-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Porsche Rebel
AutoX

Very nice!
Old 01-28-2008, 08:25 PM
deutschmick
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 89 Posts

The nicest looking RS I've seen and I'm not a Raiders fan. Good work and enjoy it!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:16 PM
340Elise
Banned

Originally Posted by peachboy
Crap, I think I'm regretting my ordering of Black on black on Black...love your color combo....
I could have told you that; what were you thinking? Don't take offense, your car will look gorgeous and mean, but I really think you should take advantage of the "two color system" that the RS has to offer. IMHO.

And as you can see, it can still be elegant and classy. No offense to the other colors; I LOVE THEM ALL!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:26 PM
340Elise
Banned

Originally Posted by OldGuy
I love the car- dont get me wrong,- i was thinking of doing the same thing with my GT silver GT3.
Carbon Center rear wing. Carbon Side mirrors, carbon front vent and some kind of HRE, BBS black
or silver with black, dark grey -or gunmetal centers,
but the black wheels seem to be dominating the picture. I was thinking a HRE or BBS with a silver lip with dark grey center or black center. anybody else think the wheels are abit overwhelming?
(could be just me) Truth is that is a drop dead gorgeous creation on your part. Mine
is a VERY minute critisism. and the only reason I bring it up is my plans to follow your work.
Nice job.
OG,

I think that the wheels are especially shiny in those pics, and that is what is catching your eye everytime you look. Maybe if the black used on the RS wheels where more of a semi-gloss or a mat black as used by BBS then they would look more right to you. I personally like the painted black wheels because they bring a type of bling that I find acceptable in a wheel. Chrome of course being the worst possible on any car IMO, but the shiny black is just fine with me.

Once again, great job with this RS color combo!

Stephen
Old 01-28-2008, 10:46 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Why all the bashing of orange on silver? I kind of liked that. This is a nice combo, very conservative, but a bit too muted for me on a RS.

Frankly, I also like the classic red on white.

If I was in the fortunate position to order one, it'd be hard to pass on the black on orange, though. Driving down the road in one of those makes you feel like you're in parade. People literally stop, stare, and wave.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:40 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great, really like that color combination!!
Old 01-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Schmidts Cat
Burning Brakes

Not my thang. I might like silver w/drk gray, more stealth, less traditional. But hey, look at my other cars (Avatar) I'm biased.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:45 AM
Shark-GT3
Advanced

Absolutely Stunning. I want your car.
I am not willing to sell mine, but I still want yours. Perfect, and you are taking good care of it for me too.

Is that Arctic? Was there even an option to get GT Silver?

Enjoy your new baby.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:51 AM
sheep911
Track Day

That's a BEAUTY!
Old 01-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Tommy69
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all your positive comments!

I had the same discussion with my wife regarding if the black wheels where too much dominating, and she would prefer silver instead. But when the car arrived she was surprised, as it looked different from the pictures. The thing is black gets underexposed on most pictures, and you don't see the details (due to dynamic range limitations or wrong exposure).

Porsche delivered wrong center caps (Porsche Crest), so they will be in black with Arctic Silver "RS"

I am not sure if you could order a GT silver, but most likely since people have ordered white cars.

Now looking for a company to add 3M film for the front, but they are a bit pricey in Sweden (31 250 Swedish kronor = almost 5000 USD, ....which is totally crazy)
So if anyone knows a company that are willing to sell only the pre-cut film in the US, I will find someone to apply it here in Sweden.

Thanks
Tommy
Old 01-29-2008, 03:08 PM
JWGT2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tommy69
Thanks for all your positive comments!

I had the same discussion with my wife regarding if the black wheels where too much dominating, and she would prefer silver instead. But when the car arrived she was surprised, as it looked different from the pictures. The thing is black gets underexposed on most pictures, and you don't see the details (due to dynamic range limitations or wrong exposure).

Porsche delivered wrong center caps (Porsche Crest), so they will be in black with Arctic Silver "RS"

I am not sure if you could order a GT silver, but most likely since people have ordered white cars.

Now looking for a company to add 3M film for the front, but they are a bit pricey in Sweden (31 250 Swedish kronor = almost 5000 USD, ....which is totally crazy)
So if anyone knows a company that are willing to sell only the pre-cut film in the US, I will find someone to apply it here in Sweden.

Thanks
Tommy
The black wheels are a great choice...much better than silver or orange. It looks perfect. I love silver all over again.

3M or some type of protective film (i used venture shield, i think) is a must, especially the rocker panel areas....before you know it you'll start to see road rash since those tires pick up everything. Try to find someone who can do a full custom wrap so the seams are hidden.

Quick Reply: GT3 RS in Silver and Black