RS Next to F40 - Shop Manual/Parts Manual/Cup Cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 03:47 AM
masinari
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS Next to F40 - Shop Manual/Parts Manual/Cup Cover

Hi Guys,

Picked up my RS today and drove it all the way to my CT house near LimeRock. It now sits happily next to my F4O.

Loved the handling, but temperature/tires were too cold, and car has only 800 miles, so I had to contain myself ( and i have too many "all at once 11 points" tickets/court hearings cycles in my history).

Anyway, was so happy driving it, I went past my exit on the Taconic (you may know it, it is the road that goes up the Hudson River).

I brought my Maranello to the Collectors Car Garage in Bedford Hiills, and found both a green and a black RS there. Would love to meet the owner, who also has a very cool vintage VW beetle. We can talk Porsches and RS anytime.

Two quick questions: how do I order the shop manual for the RS and is there a parts catalogue for the RS (i have downloaded one but it is for the GT3 only).

Also, how do I get in touch with Porsche Motorsport to get the Cup cover. Or is anyone selling theirs?

Thanks guys.

__M A T T__

PS.
Continuing our fun discussion on colors, some trivia... Based on what I heard ,I thought that silver was a very slow color, and that black, orange, and especially green were must faster colors. However, that is not the case and factually incorrect. I saw the whole 07 SuperCup Series on TV. Clearly, silver is the fastest color, since that is the color of Richard Westwood's car. That silver car won last year and won the most races this year. leaving all the other colors behind. The second fastest cars are white with some color patterns. All the others, black, and other mixed combinations were behind. The green and orange do not even race there. So I am not sure if they are fast at all. Any explanation for this?

Thanks

__M A T T __
Old 01-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Max Power
Racer

Congratulation on your RS. It still has 100 miles left on its break-in period!

I'm not sure about silver being fastest. That metallic paint is heavy.
Would probably cost you a millisecond or two at the ring.

I can say that the orange cars are more accident prone than the others:

orange in Hungary - crashed
orange in China - totaled
orange in UK - totaled
orange in Belgium - crashed
orange in the USA - burned in fire
and, a white one in Iceland - totaled

So, maybe orange will end up being the rarest color, after all.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:01 AM
Apex GT
Rennlist Member

It is curious why all Cup cars come white from the factory!!

Quick Reply: RS Next to F40 - Shop Manual/Parts Manual/Cup Cover