GTR at MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 09:29 PM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GTR at MSRP

If anyone knows a dealer where I can get a Nissan GTR for MSRP pls let me know as I will put a deposit down right away...

It should be a great daily driver...

Thanks,
Norm
Old 12-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Philip in AL
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll second that. If you find out about two, please let me know.
Thanks
Old 12-24-2007, 11:44 AM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ngoldrich
If anyone knows a dealer where I can get a Nissan GTR for MSRP pls let me know as I will put a deposit down right away...

It should be a great daily driver...

Thanks,
Norm
Norm,

I will check again w/ my buddy...he is getting 3 of them and I have one at msrp; not sure about the others as of yet wrt msrp...will see what I can do..

nj
Old 12-24-2007, 12:13 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

what is the msrp?
sounds interesting to me too
Old 12-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Looking at other sites, it seems any dealer is taking orders for "wait in line" customers at MSRP. It's only the "first kid on the block" buyers who are going to get suckered into the premiums. I've read of premiums from $40K-60K over which is no doubt the kind of hype that we'll keep hearing until the rubber hits the road.

With so many other interesting cars on the horizon, I think the GTR is something the die-hard enthusiasts will want (as they have the previous model for the last decade) regardless of its merits and demerits.

I'd say if I were to buy something other than Porsche to enjoy driving and take to the track, it might well be the ZR1. I'd just need to get over my prejudice against being the middle-aged dope driving a 'Vette. : )
Old 12-24-2007, 12:18 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Looking at other sites, it seems any dealer is taking orders for "wait in line" customers at MSRP. It's only the "first kid on the block" buyers who are going to get suckered into the premiums. I've read of premiums from $40K-60K over which is no doubt the kind of hype that we'll keep hearing until the rubber hits the road.

With so many other interesting cars on the horizon, I think the GTR is something the die-hard enthusiasts will want (as they have the previous model for the last decade) regardless of its merits and demerits.

I'd say if I were to buy something other than Porsche to enjoy driving and take to the track, it might well be the ZR1. I'd just need to get over my prejudice against being the middle-aged dope driving a 'Vette. : )

who said anything about driving it? flipping is the theme of the day..

sorry having to deal with my 3 year old for 12 days by myself is driving me insane so all kind of **** is coming out of my mouth and brain.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:33 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,979 Likes on 2,816 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
what is the msrp?
sounds interesting to me too
$69k
Old 12-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Philip in AL
Pro

Was told that a dealer has to pay $30K up front and then send a mechanic to special training. Most dealers won't get more than 1 a year and won't spend the cash.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:11 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Adam Where have you been???
Old 12-24-2007, 02:42 PM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Norm,

Thanks, let me know what you find out....

Norm
Old 12-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Adam Where have you been???
Hi Paul. Just out on parole. : )

We've been traveling and I've been avoiding the time-sink appeal of Rennlist and other forum sites.

Sitting around at Squaw Valley now, just generally poking my virtual nose into interesting threads around here.

Some good snow after the last storm, but a bit sketchy with the warmer weather -- waiting for the next storm front to build up. Ripped the hell out of my board yesterday. Time for a new board as soon as the January sales start!

I still have the black GT3. I trust your GT Silver thing is serving you well.

Cheers,
Old 12-24-2007, 03:28 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 599 Posts

Heading to Squaw next week. Leave some powder 4 me!
Old 12-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

I watched the interview with the Nissan head honcho on autolinedetroit.tv -- he said nothing of limited allocation or any of this "one per dealer" nonsense. That might well be a factor in the initial roll-out, but doesn't connect with the intended "maximum production to meet demand" he was talking about. I think it was 1800 units per year? Seems kind of low, but it's the first high dollar Nissan and I'm sure they're worried about quality given a practically entirely new vehicle and an untested drive-train configuration.

I can imagine some Nissan dealer with mostly mini-van and truck buyers wouldn't take one of the first cars or want to train a tech. The idea of paying for training is nothing new, but he $30K number is preposterously high. Even budgeting travel and accommodation for a week, plus lost income offset and salary, I'd guess around $5K out of pocket plus $5K lost revenue.

Anyway, early days and flat-headed dealers will be saying whatever BS they think will stir up that sense of wanting whatever you can't have and wanting it NOW gawdamit!
Old 12-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by eclou
Heading to Squaw next week. Leave some powder 4 me!
I've been finding untracked stuff two days after the storm. It's a big mountain -- even with a full carpark, you can still get clean runs and short lines -- I was skiing onto the chair yesterday all morning and finding some freshies in the trees between Shirley and Silverado. It's a big warm and wet today -- like big wave riding in the slushy stuff, but still too rocky.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Philip in AL
Pro

If I'm not mistaken, I think Audi originally wanted dealers to put up $50K.

Quick Reply: GTR at MSRP