Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 06:54 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Spare wheels for RS

Anyone know of or have any suggestions for some rims, 18 or 19 that will fit the RS that are economical? Just want them for rain tires at the track, so they won't see much action. Silver, black, doesn't matter. Mooty, if you sell you car for 50 over, you could just give me a set..???

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 12-23-2007, 07:18 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Anyone know of or have any suggestions for some rims, 18 or 19 that will fit the RS that are economical? Just want them for rain tires at the track, so they won't see much action. Silver, black, doesn't matter. Mooty, if you sell you car for 50 over, you could just give me a set..???
dude....for the rain??? ....had this good ol' boy at VIR (Norbert?) tell me once after taking me for a few hot laps in his Z06 that; "the only thing dumber 'n racin' in the rain is practicin' in the rain"....after I took out a chunk of wall at MOSPORT in the rain in a club race practice; his old saying popped into my head and has kept me off of the track in the rain since( I can't seem to drive at less than 9/10ths for some crazy reason....so, its just not worth bending my cars for a few laps in the wet.....just call me a girly-man with an unbent car for now on if its raining out at the track
Old 12-23-2007, 07:35 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I ran in the rain in my 996 and had a pretty good time. Had some good deep tread street tires and it really helped teach me to learn the limits of the tires/car early on. Not a big fan of running in the rain, but, I one of those guys that stays out for every run, every minute I can. I can't get enough of this stuff!
Old 12-23-2007, 09:10 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a set of RS OEM rims (I think ~$4,500). Shod them with PS2s for street, and the OEM sport cups for the track.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Doug23
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can pick up a set of CCW C-14's for the RS for about $2800 a set.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:54 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
LOL, if some suckers buys my car for 50k over, i fedex you 2 sets for free!

anyways, i think the cheapest wheel you can get for RS (i assume a whole set, not just a single spare right?) would be CCW classics. they are three piece wheels, i think around 2200? but not nearly as good looking C14 or C10
Old 12-23-2007, 10:36 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Yep, looking for a full set. Hoping to find someone unloading some used ones on the cheap or something. Already got one set CCW's...prob get another set. My dealer was gonna give me a set they took off a 911, but they won't fit.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:26 PM
BKSPN33
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone told me that only a few wheels will fit over the ceramic brakes without a using a spacer, etc. Is that true? It is worth checking out. If I were keeping my car, I would opt for 18's. Most of the guys that I know use 18's on their RS. Way more options in tires and less expensive.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:32 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by BKSPN33
Someone told me that only a few wheels will fit over the ceramic brakes without a using a spacer, etc. Is that true? It is worth checking out. If I were keeping my car, I would opt for 18's. Most of the guys that I know use 18's on their RS. Way more options in tires and less expensive.
The rims that come on the RS uses spacers on the rear. With CCW's, you don't have to use any spacers and they work fine. Mine are 18's as well. I use tire sizes that compensate for the difference in height. My car doesn't have ceramics, which I'm grateful for since I track often. Put your car on the track, you won't want to sell it. It's truly one of life's greatest pleasures in a street legal car.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:58 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by BKSPN33
i THINK fikses now fit. PM GT3 nut, he runs those on PCCB.

CCW told me that C14 also will fit over PCCB. but you better chk with him directly. i am sure if it fails to fit, john at CCW will take it back.

i love their products, i am beginnig to sound like their advertising agent! maybe someone should bring this fact up to john at CCW, so he'll send me a free set
Old 12-24-2007, 12:27 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

get the c10's from john if you already have a set of c14's. same price and very handsome wheel.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:39 AM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 88 Posts

[QUOTE=mooty;4911402]i THINK fikses now fit. PM GT3 nut, he runs those on PCCB. .....QUOTE]

Yes Fikse now has the correct fitment for PCCB. The wheels are light and very high quality.
After having some issues with them at first, I can say that Fikse really made things right by me. I highly recommend them!!!! I just ordered another set from them. Excellent customer service there by Will. Call him and please tell him I recommended him. They are not the cheapest wheels though. But they are worth it in my opinion. I am not downplaying the CCW's though. I think for the money they are a very good buy.

Quick Reply: Spare wheels for RS