GT3 RS Wanted!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 07:15 PM
dsu*
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default GT3 RS Wanted!!!

Hi everyone.

I'm a new user. Just signed up earlier today.
I understand that this is where most of the porsche peopel are at, so hopefully you guys can help me out.

I am looking for a low mile or even new GT3 RS, any color but silver. Due to the fact that my dad has a Silver Turbo. Options: PCCB, some kind of interior options, carbon fiber, stitching, nav, seat belts.. etc.

I understand that the premium on these car are crazy, but hopefully I can find the one, with an affordable price. And what is a legit price for the GT3 RS right now? How much over MSRP?

Thanks people
dsu
Old 12-16-2007, 07:44 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yesterday, 03:46 PM #13
BKSPN33
Addict
Rennlist Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K964. How did you sell it? I have an RS and am getting it ready to be put on the market. It has pccb, euro cf seats, cage, clearbra, etc. I am only looking to get $179K or $175 without cf seats. Can you recommend the best way to advertise it?

1982 911SC Targa
1997 993 Targa
968 Firehawk Racecar
2007 GT3RS

I think Richard above may have his for sale. And if you'e looking for a bubble-wrapped showroom car then search this forum and the classifieds and I'm sure there will be a a few around for sale. Good luck.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:05 PM
dsu*
Burning Brakes

Thanks Bobby.
How do I get in contact with Richard? PM him or something?
I also have an opportunity to get a non RS GT3, with less than 500 miles. It has most of the options I want, and it's going for 3k under MSRP, is that a good price?
Should I go with that instead of the RS?

Has anyone driven both of the cars? What is the biggest difference between the RS and the non RS, both spec wise and driving wise?

David
Old 12-16-2007, 08:12 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey David,

PM me if you decide on the "regular" GT3---I know of an awesome example that is available.

Mike
Old 12-16-2007, 08:27 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dsu*
Thanks Bobby.
How do I get in contact with Richard? PM him or something?
I also have an opportunity to get a non RS GT3, with less than 500 miles. It has most of the options I want, and it's going for 3k under MSRP, is that a good price?
Should I go with that instead of the RS?

Has anyone driven both of the cars? What is the biggest difference between the RS and the non RS, both spec wise and driving wise?

David
PM Richard under "BKSPN33"...as he posted on this forum above.

With respect to the RS vs the 3, search this forum and you'll find a ton of valuable comparos and viewpoints. At the end of the day it's all personal desire and dollars at play. All the best...
Old 12-16-2007, 09:22 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome and i hope you share your experience in buying and enjoying your car, however you enjoy it, on rennlist!
i've seen a few come and go and follow a lot of the transactions...i think the RS market has actually tightend up a bit over the last 2 months...
i'd suggest that low mile, sub 2k mile examples in green,white and orange will sell for 30 to 40 over msrp. black about 25 to 30; silver about 20 to 25
add 5k for a bunch fewer miles.
subtract 5k for like 2k more miles.
add 10k for an 08

so an orange 08, new i have seen and think will currently continue to sell at 50 over to the right buyer. wont sell in 2 sconds, but it will sell...currently.

when the stock market tanked earlier i the year, they fell a little bit into that 20 to 25 range, but as people put on miles, fewer pristine examples can be found, so they've popped a bit.

silver is your best bet. frankly, i love that color and regret selling it. classy though not has "hot" as the others. functionally, same car.

Originally Posted by dsu*
Hi everyone.

I'm a new user. Just signed up earlier today.
I understand that this is where most of the porsche peopel are at, so hopefully you guys can help me out.

I am looking for a low mile or even new GT3 RS, any color but silver. Due to the fact that my dad has a Silver Turbo. Options: PCCB, some kind of interior options, carbon fiber, stitching, nav, seat belts.. etc.

I understand that the premium on these car are crazy, but hopefully I can find the one, with an affordable price. And what is a legit price for the GT3 RS right now? How much over MSRP?

Thanks people
dsu
Old 12-16-2007, 10:52 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

DSU*
PM steven above. I think he has the most market info in the world on RS's. I truly
believe he is the most knowledgeable GT3 guy in the US.
ALSO in the US the 3 is almost the exact same as the RS. I have noticed a couple
of guys whom the loud colors are "wearing" on the owners. The 3 is more descrete.
I however would have got a RS if I could have.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:30 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,062 Likes on 581 Posts

as far as the value for the dollar- the gt3 is your best bet initially, but it really depends on use.

will you actually drive it or bubble wrap it?
regular gt3 is not a collector car, maybe it would be if there wasn't an RS-

so the benefits of the RS- super cool loud colors, more rare- can authenticate it with the euro club sport stuff- cons- it will be AT LEAST 30-40k more money, for a small margin of difference relative to dollar.

benefits of the gt3- you'll drive it and use it with a little more peace of mind that it's not the collectable one, and you can use 10k of that 40k extra for a bunch of tires and brakes that you will wear out driving it at the track! Lots of colors available too.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:31 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

oh and btw if I could have had an RS for msrp- I would have bought that no question.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:54 AM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
oh and btw if I could have had an RS for msrp- I would have bought that no question.
I would not have gotten mine if it wasn't for msrp, either....some dude offered me 45 over for it last weekend!!....It's only got 385 miles....no time to drive it...its a keeper...gonna thrash it like the ***** it is this spring!
Old 12-17-2007, 12:59 AM
dsu*
Burning Brakes

Thanks alot for the info everyone!

If I could have a RS at MSRP, I would take it in a heart beat!!!
Too bad that's not reality...
Old 12-17-2007, 01:25 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

leif- seriously though isn't it crazy about people wanting to pay waaay over?
Old 12-17-2007, 08:38 AM
930man
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i liked mine.. great car but my 997 3 is a great car also.. this spring we decide if i made the right choice..........
Old 12-17-2007, 10:14 AM
tar6day
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are more than a couple GT3 RS's on E-Bay.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:34 PM
G car
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Lamborghini Chicago has a green one

Quick Reply: GT3 RS Wanted!!!