Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Here it is, my new GT3

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 04:03 PM
DRG13
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I kicked the tires on that GT3 a few times at Boardwalk in Plano...Nice looking car, congrats..
Old 12-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Hanz
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the NY GT3 Club! Nice Car.
Looks like that could be suburban LI in the background. Hope to see you on the street (or better yet on the track).
Good luck!
Old 12-18-2007, 04:26 PM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hanz
Welcome to the NY GT3 Club! Nice Car.
Looks like that could be suburban LI in the background. Hope to see you on the street (or better yet on the track).
Good luck!
those pics were taken in front of my brother's house out in Manhasset this past Saturday. I grew up out there but have lived in NYC for the past 14 years. The GT3 definately doesnt seem happy driving in and out of the city and I am thinking about keeping it at this garage up in Bedford Hills. http://www.collectorscargarage.com/home.html. Its on the way to Lime Rock and Watkins Glen too!
Old 12-18-2007, 04:46 PM
gripet
Advanced

doug, looked at your collector garage site.....wow, do they really charge $4800/year to store one car? Are there any other perks? Storage in our small town is about $50/month. Also, you said your gt3 wasn't happy on the commute. Is there a lot of stop and go traffic?
Old 12-18-2007, 05:30 PM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gripet
doug, looked at your collector garage site.....wow, do they really charge $4800/year to store one car? Are there any other perks? Storage in our small town is about $50/month. Also, you said your gt3 wasn't happy on the commute. Is there a lot of stop and go traffic?
Considering the cost of a decent garage in Manhattan is $500 a month, the collectors garage at $350 is not all that bad. Plus it is a bit disturbing to hear the front lip scrape along the ground everytime I drive in and out of the garage due to the steepness of the curbs and ramps in the city. I dont use the car as a daily driver (subways and taxis for me) but just to drive it out to Long Island or to the suburbs on weekends is a bit nerve racking because the roads are soooo bad. My 996 was tolerable on the roads and I was not as worried about it but with the GT3 I feel that it is going to just put to much stress on the car, and me!!
Old 01-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dougdep
Considering the cost of a decent garage in Manhattan is $500 a month, the collectors garage at $350 is not all that bad. Plus it is a bit disturbing to hear the front lip scrape along the ground everytime I drive in and out of the garage due to the steepness of the curbs and ramps in the city. I dont use the car as a daily driver (subways and taxis for me) but just to drive it out to Long Island or to the suburbs on weekends is a bit nerve racking because the roads are soooo bad. My 996 was tolerable on the roads and I was not as worried about it but with the GT3 I feel that it is going to just put to much stress on the car, and me!!
Congrats on the sweet car! It's purty.

I'd have to agree with you. Driving and parking ANY car in the city is not an enjoyable event. I keep my cars in Queens, but occasionally park it on the street on the weekend and 50% of the time find some sort of ding or scrape (not the Porsche thankfully). No respect nowadays.

Enough of my ranting. You should join us for our Spring Tri-State Run. We had a couple of GT3s last time.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Great looking car...congrats!
Old 01-04-2008, 02:42 PM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

Default tri-state spring drive

i'll keep my eyes open for the tri-state drive. cant wait until spring!
Old 01-04-2008, 03:35 PM
romeroe
Advanced

Congratulation on the new car, it's amazing.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:08 PM
flash1034
Pro

Thumbs up

Gorgeous! Love the red wheels! Awesome!

Quick Reply: Here it is, my new GT3