Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

New GT3, new garage, any thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 01:12 PM
gripet
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New GT3, new garage, any thoughts

Just put my new GT3 to bed in its new garage. Got independent 220v heater, dehumifidier, soft cloth car cover, wall mounted vaccuum, stereo, TV, highspeed internet access, tools, outlets, fan, Harley in the corner on trickle charger for company, yellow rubber door protectors on the wall,and new as yet untested heated driveway ...so what am I missing? Have any of you guys used the floor coverings we see on the internet? Any pros/cons I need to know about. Also, would like a simple black rubber floor mat with the GT3 logo in red. Can't seem to find it on the interenet. Anybody have suggestions for wall decorations Thanks
Old 11-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Rick in Colorado
Instructor

How about a lift for storage and routine maintenance?
Attached Images  
Old 11-29-2007, 02:22 PM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

Why would anyone make it so hard to drive his GT3? It's truly been elevated to garage queen status!
Old 11-29-2007, 02:39 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YA911Fan
Why would anyone make it so hard to drive his GT3? It's truly been elevated to garage queen status!
Took the words out of my mouth....
Old 11-29-2007, 02:39 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

not hard at all.
slide into first, hold cluth, rev to 7980 rpm, car will launch from elevated position.

CAUTION: ONLY RED GT3's ARE EQUIPPED WITH AIR LAUNCH OPTION.

nice garage and stable. is red your fav color? i am not sure.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:01 PM
EndlessEarth
Instructor

Maybe he has kids. There is a steady stream of rambunctious youth going in and out of my house through the garage so I have been considering getting a lift for my 993 just to keep it above the flying skateboards and bouncing baseballs.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:15 PM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

FWIW, it's not a GT3. It's a Carrera with the aerokit.

Look at the wheels and the exhaust.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:18 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Have an enthusiastic high school or college art student do a Porsche themed mural covering one wall.
Originally Posted by gripet
Anybody have suggestions for wall decorations Thanks
Old 11-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Rick in Colorado
Instructor

Originally Posted by NoSubEDU

Look at the wheels and the exhaust.
Since I'm being exposed as a fraud , at least give me credit for it being an "S". I just happen to like the standard Carrera wheels better.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:42 PM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

In that case, I withdraw my comments!

Originally Posted by NoSubEDU
Old 11-29-2007, 03:55 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Consider a nice high-capacity air compressor and more lighting than you think you need. I'm not really in tune with the whole garage-as-refuge idea; I like the idea of a workshop that happens to double as car storage.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:15 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by nkhalidi
Consider a nice high-capacity air compressor and more lighting than you think you need. I'm not really in tune with the whole garage-as-refuge idea; I like the idea of a workshop that happens to double as car storage.
like my ugly box, too low for lift, so i have three floor jacks and a large lister cabinet with benchtop. ghetto workshop. but i do have fun rolling in oil, motul 600 and what not... always in my NEW sweat shirts/pants... i feel the need to aggravate the wife when she does laundry LOL.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:39 PM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick in Colorado
Since I'm being exposed as a fraud , at least give me credit for it being an "S". I just happen to like the standard Carrera wheels better.
Hehe, nothing to be concerned about. C2S with Aerokit is the heat...especially one with X51.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:25 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by gripet
Just put my new GT3 to bed in its new garage. Got independent 220v heater, dehumifidier, soft cloth car cover, wall mounted vaccuum, stereo, TV, highspeed internet access, tools, outlets, fan, Harley in the corner on trickle charger for company, yellow rubber door protectors on the wall,and new as yet untested heated driveway ...so what am I missing? Have any of you guys used the floor coverings we see on the internet? Any pros/cons I need to know about. Also, would like a simple black rubber floor mat with the GT3 logo in red. Can't seem to find it on the interenet. Anybody have suggestions for wall decorations Thanks

Hi,

I am Jim Huber and I am in the concrete, masonary, and concrete coatings business. You name it from factory floors in the Toyota factory, to stamped overlays I have done and do it all, stamped concrete acid stain and high gloss grind. I tell you for the money and the look you can not get much better than acic dye and grind high gloss. Anytime you can avoid a coating the bettet and the high gloss grind really helps with light. I did not see any high tec lighting in the garage. I did not see a dyno. I did not see the massive KLR-9000 tool race wagon with custom paint. Just kidding you have a wonderfull garage. Is that a springer classic, my father inlaw has one in starburst red color with springer really nice. Well just my informaton on coatings and concrete and more questions please let me know.

See you,

Jim Huber
Old 12-04-2007, 09:55 AM
psychoideas
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimhuber
Hi,

I am Jim Huber and I am in the concrete, masonary, and concrete coatings business. You name it from factory floors in the Toyota factory, to stamped overlays I have done and do it all, stamped concrete acid stain and high gloss grind. I tell you for the money and the look you can not get much better than acic dye and grind high gloss. Anytime you can avoid a coating the bettet and the high gloss grind really helps with light. I did not see any high tec lighting in the garage. I did not see a dyno. I did not see the massive KLR-9000 tool race wagon with custom paint. Just kidding you have a wonderfull garage. Is that a springer classic, my father inlaw has one in starburst red color with springer really nice. Well just my informaton on coatings and concrete and more questions please let me know.

See you,

Jim Huber

Jim,
you wouldn't happen to have a picture of the floor surface that you recommend would you?

Quick Reply: New GT3, new garage, any thoughts