Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

997 GT3 Stock Pedal Pads- Dealer Honest?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 08:38 PM
jmbgt3
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997 GT3 Stock Pedal Pads- Dealer Honest?

I recently took delivery of a "new" GT3; the car was a Porsche publicity car for about 6 mos. Driving the car home, something didn't feel right. When I got home and looked under the dash I found that the brake pedal had a machined aluminum pedal pad but there were not pads on the clutch, gas and dead pedal- there had been as I could see the screw holes. The dealer has tried to say that the GT3 did not come with these pads but I believe I have seen promotional material of new cars showing them. The dealer has backed down and said they will install pads but I think the car originally came with them and the dealer tried to 'blow some smoke up my dress'. Am I right?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:13 PM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmbgt3
I recently took delivery of a "new" GT3; the car was a Porsche publicity car for about 6 mos. Driving the car home, something didn't feel right. When I got home and looked under the dash I found that the brake pedal had a machined aluminum pedal pad but there were not pads on the clutch, gas and dead pedal- there had been as I could see the screw holes. The dealer has tried to say that the GT3 did not come with these pads but I believe I have seen promotional material of new cars showing them. The dealer has backed down and said they will install pads but I think the car originally came with them and the dealer tried to 'blow some smoke up my dress'. Am I right?
Yes, you are right. The only one that may not have the aluminum is the dead pedal. It is a $250 option.

Quick Reply: 997 GT3 Stock Pedal Pads- Dealer Honest?