Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Adjustable OEM springs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007 | 04:23 AM
YellowDragon
Advanced

Default Adjustable OEM springs?

I took delivery of a low milage, 2nd hand SY 997 GT3 today. Upon close inspection, I noticed that there are adjustable red H&R spring on all 4 corners. Are these Porsche OEM GT3 springs? If they are aftermarket, would PASM still work with these springs? Thanks.
Old 10-30-2007 | 06:18 AM
ScottL
Advanced

They are the standard springs on the car. The body of the shocks is threaded to enable precise adjustment of ride height.
Old 10-30-2007 | 10:24 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by YellowDragon
I took delivery of a low milage, 2nd hand SY 997 GT3 today. Upon close inspection, I noticed that there are adjustable red H&R spring on all 4 corners. Are these Porsche OEM GT3 springs? If they are aftermarket, would PASM still work with these springs? Thanks.
Congratulations.

If it is not an inconvenience for you to post here, what motivated you to get a GT3?
Old 10-30-2007 | 01:30 PM
YellowDragon
Advanced

I always wanted a 997 GT3 since it was introduced last year. I currently own a E46 M3 and love the car. However, many M3 owners on BMW forums and message boards are saying how great the new 997 GT3s are and many went out and got one. One M3 owner even put it "...MUST own a 997 GT3 before I die..." Now that's a powerful statement especially from a fellow M3er. So my mind's set.

Currently owning both Dakar Yellow E46 M3 and Z3, Yellow's obviously my favorite color. SY 997 GT3s are really hard to find. They usually get snatched up right away when available and always with a considerable premium. Luckily this one was near my work and the price was perfect. It's a low milage with no history of track use. The owner really took an excellent care of this car and it's in perfect showroom condition. What really sold me was it has full clear shields (even on fore and aft rear fenders, roof area in front of sunroof) and OEM color matching roll cage. That showed me the owner is dead serious about performance and yet willing to take a very good care of this car. I am totally thrilled!

The only prblem I have now is trying to get rid of the yellow tire warning sign on dash and the message saying it's learning the tire pressure. I read the manual and it says give a minute or two for the sensor to adjust. But I waited 10+ minutes with ignition on (engine off, car stopped) with no results. Just wondering if there something I missed?

Quick Reply: Adjustable OEM springs?