Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Lemon Law My '07 GT3?--Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 11:36 AM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 237 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by n2cars
I've had the RMS replaced twice. The car has 2500 miles and was delivered in June 2007. I just picked the car up from service today and drove 30 miles home. The RMS is leaking again. This would be the 3rd RMS replacement. The car has been in the shop for a total of 2 weeks. What should I do? Do I have to have the same Porsche dealer attempt to fix the problem 3 times before I have case for Lemon Law? Should I contact PNA before I take the car back into the dealer? I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.
Here's a quick update. I spoke with the dealer today. The dealer is doing and saying all the right things. He has assured me that Porsche knows that the GT3 is a special car and that the problem will be resolved. Right now I am sitting tight waiting for a response from Porsche and how they want to tackle the problem. So at this point I am very satisfied with the early progress.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:19 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by n2cars
Here's a quick update. I spoke with the dealer today. The dealer is doing and saying all the right things. He has assured me that Porsche knows that the GT3 is a special car and that the problem will be resolved. Right now I am sitting tight waiting for a response from Porsche and how they want to tackle the problem. So at this point I am very satisfied with the early progress.
That's good to hear. You are doing the right thing by waiting for them to "show you their cards first," so to speak. Give them every opportunity to resolve the issue. You can always play "hard ball" later, if necessary.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:47 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a successful lemon law case against PCNA on a 928GT. Your rights will depend upon the state where you purchased the vehicle. The statute for your state will set forth the specific requirements necessary to bring a lemon law action. Consult your state statute now, even though you are working with the dealer, to make sure that you do not pass up any required notice periods or time deadlines. Just a bit of friendly advice. . .
Old 10-15-2007, 01:58 PM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure there is a good paper trail -- take pictures, document all phone calls, visits, etc. Keep a contemporaneous log. Even better, use email to communicate with the service manager or PCNA. After all is said and done, you're still dealing with a car dealer!
Old 10-15-2007, 02:21 PM
The B
Racer

If your car has been out of service for only 2 weeks for 3 RMS's that's pretty good.

My experience: I logged 30 days out with 3 RMS's in the first year of service.

Dealer: was always friendly and accomodative.
PCNA: could care less, "that's what a warranty is for".
State of Purchase: Nevada, no lemon laws.

Then again I just had the 997S....I hope your happy with what they will do for you....from what I read the RMS is a lot cheaper to address than the issues that reportedly cause it.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:55 PM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Not to get off topic but I have never really known anyone that has used this lemon law or come anywhere close to needing to. What exactly happens with the cars if they do infact take it back, do they destroy them?
Old 10-15-2007, 06:47 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by The B
If your car has been out of service for only 2 weeks for 3 RMS's that's pretty good.

My experience: I logged 30 days out with 3 RMS's in the first year of service.

Dealer: was always friendly and accomodative.
PCNA: could care less, "that's what a warranty is for".
State of Purchase: Nevada, no lemon laws.

Then again I just had the 997S....I hope your happy with what they will do for you....from what I read the RMS is a lot cheaper to address than the issues that reportedly cause it.
Actually, Nevada does have a reasonably good lemon law, and you probably qualified for relief under its lemon law, as your car was out of service for 30 days during the first year. See Nevada Revised Statutes 597.600 to 597.680.

(Disclaimer: This comment is not intended as legal advice and no attorney-client relationship is intended by this post.)
Old 10-15-2007, 08:59 PM
trobarts
Rennlist Member

My car has an oil leak (apparently not RMS) that has been repaired unsuccessfully once and is in the shop again for inspection by a PCNA engineer and regional tech. The first time, the valve cover gasket was replaced. My AC afterwards did not function properly. They have had the car for right at 3 weeks total and no word yet from the inspection today. In WV, the lemon law that applies here is 30 plus days (cumulative) in the shop for the same problem. However, the dealer is trying to make sure that I get a new engine out of this ordeal. I have no complaints about the process thus far, just frustration over the waning warm days of missed driving. I too would be concerned, that if not fixable, I would not be able to get a new replacement due to limited production availability. I ordered mine and waited 9 months to get it. I feel your pain.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:16 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 237 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by trobarts
My car has an oil leak (apparently not RMS) that has been repaired unsuccessfully once and is in the shop again for inspection by a PCNA engineer and regional tech. The first time, the valve cover gasket was replaced. My AC afterwards did not function properly. They have had the car for right at 3 weeks total and no word yet from the inspection today. In WV, the lemon law that applies here is 30 plus days (cumulative) in the shop for the same problem. However, the dealer is trying to make sure that I get a new engine out of this ordeal. I have no complaints about the process thus far, just frustration over the waning warm days of missed driving. I too would be concerned, that if not fixable, I would not be able to get a new replacement due to limited production availability. I ordered mine and waited 9 months to get it. I feel your pain.
I have the PCNA engineer & regional teck looking at my car sometime this week. Your AC problem was probably due to an air bubble in the coolant system.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:07 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by potent951turbo86
Not to get off topic but I have never really known anyone that has used this lemon law or come anywhere close to needing to. What exactly happens with the cars if they do infact take it back, do they destroy them?
Auction.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:45 PM
The B
Racer

Originally Posted by lawjdc
Actually, Nevada does have a reasonably good lemon law, and you probably qualified for relief under its lemon law, as your car was out of service for 30 days during the first year. See Nevada Revised Statutes 597.600 to 597.680.

(Disclaimer: This comment is not intended as legal advice and no attorney-client relationship is intended by this post.)
.....I am at a bit of a lossfor words. I did ask my attorney to look into it and I recall that I had my assistant spend half a day on the issue to no end with the state laws. Should have been a part of Rennlist at the time.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:21 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by The B
.....I am at a bit of a lossfor words. I did ask my attorney to look into it and I recall that I had my assistant spend half a day on the issue to no end with the state laws. Should have been a part of Rennlist at the time.
lol em both
Old 10-16-2007, 06:49 PM
trobarts
Rennlist Member

Default PCNA comes through

Got word today that I will get a new engine. It will arrive tomorrow and the car will be back in my hands, allegedly by Friday. I think that is a good response. I hope your situation is resolved satisfactorily as well. Good luck.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:56 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by trobarts
Got word today that I will get a new engine. It will arrive tomorrow and the car will be back in my hands, allegedly by Friday. I think that is a good response. I hope your situation is resolved satisfactorily as well. Good luck.
I know the part number for a replacement GT3 engine, 997 100 976 00, but I cannot imagine its cost if you went out and tried to buy one off the shelf.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:31 AM
John Velasco
Burning Brakes

i was informed a crate motor was about 54,000.

Quick Reply: Lemon Law My '07 GT3?--Need Advice