Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

997 GT3 vs. 360 CS vs. F430

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 10:06 PM
rickg87
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my 430 16 months ago. it is a 3rd car. Drive on sundays, tracked it
4 times. Love it. I have my Gt3 3 months now, 4th car, and love it.
For a daily driver it would be the GT3 hands down. The 430 draws way too much attention to be driving it every day. Some might enjoy that, I dont.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:36 PM
leslie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Re Ferrari dealer being better than the Porsche dealer: You guys are lucky.

Clearly not the case here. And is definately a consideration when contemplating ownership of a Prancing Horse.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:14 AM
tifosi66
Intermediate

Originally Posted by leslie
Re Ferrari dealer being better than the Porsche dealer: You guys are lucky.

Clearly not the case here. And is definately a consideration when contemplating ownership of a Prancing Horse.
Same here. I've got a 996TT after my 355 experience. Now thinking about an '04 CS against a spanking new 7GT3. Same price in Malaysia...in fact the CS is a tad cheaper, circa USD15k...!

Been relishing my TT ownership, but always yearned for the F 'soul' and er..sounds. But I'm neither frickin' rich and trying to be less financial cavalier than before and since I read somewhere on here that someone had already retro-fitted rear seats with belts to the rear of his 7GT3 nailed the decision for me. I have two young kids as well and since I'm almost always overseas anyways, I'd like to spend whatever time I have home with them. Of course, not the dangerous driving bits.... I live about 20 highway minutes from the Sepang F1 track....

In Malaysia, the Fcar dealer had been 'relinquished' of the dealership. The Porsche dealer, there is but only one and they're kool (many independents tho'..). And in Malaysia...we pay about the equivalent of USD340k for a new GT3. We however do get the race seats as standard .....

To the OP, Fantasma.. I suggest you get the 430 if yer Fcar dealer is good. The CS is a heckuva car and one I'd choose if not because of my 'conundrum' but it is a teeny bit precious.... You can always flip the 430 if you don't like it anyways for not much loss and get the G or RS. JMHO.
I've been to yer country many times when I schooled in the UK and I understand the people there having distaste for Exotics. After all, you guys (Scandinavians) actually invented the word 'minimalist' Architectural-wise....!
Old 10-24-2007, 09:45 AM
fantasma
Track Day

Originally Posted by rickg87
I got my 430 16 months ago. it is a 3rd car. Drive on sundays, tracked it
4 times. Love it. I have my Gt3 3 months now, 4th car, and love it.
For a daily driver it would be the GT3 hands down. The 430 draws way too much attention to be driving it every day. Some might enjoy that, I dont.
Rick, what do you mean by 3rd and 4th cars? Do you mean your 3rd and 4th cars that you own right now or do you mean your 3rd Ferrari and your 4th Porsche, respectively?

/fantasma
Old 10-24-2007, 11:51 AM
fantasma
Track Day

Originally Posted by tifosi66
To the OP, Fantasma.. I suggest you get the 430 if yer Fcar dealer is good. The CS is a heckuva car and one I'd choose if not because of my 'conundrum' but it is a teeny bit precious.... You can always flip the 430 if you don't like it anyways for not much loss and get the G or RS. JMHO.
As you state, the CS feels precious since it is collectible. On ther other hand the F430 is more expensive. I'm not sure I will dare to push either car since they are so exclusive. On the other hand, I remember seven years ago, when I bought my first Porsche (a Boxster S) I was worried that I would not push it since it was such a precious car (I could barely afford it at that point of time). But it wasn't a problem at all. After a short while I was able to push it on the street as well as on the track.
I've been to yer country many times when I schooled in the UK and I understand the people there having distaste for Exotics. After all, you guys (Scandinavians) actually invented the word 'minimalist' Architectural-wise....!
I think Swedes are somewhat restrained regarding anything ranging from architecture to cars. Exotics are seen as really extravagant... I try not to care about what other people think, but it is a pitty that people judge you by the car you drive.

/fantasma

Last edited by fantasma; 10-24-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Originally Posted by fantasma

I think Swedes are somewhat restrained regarding anything ranging from architecture to cars. Exotics are seen as really extravagant... I try not to care about what other people think, but is a pitty that people judge you by the car you drive.

/fantasma
apart from the ones who build their cars in Valhalla!

R+C
Old 10-24-2007, 09:46 PM
leslie
Instructor

Originally Posted by tifosi66
Same here. I've got a 996TT after my 355 experience. Now thinking about an '04 CS against a spanking new 7GT3. Same price in Malaysia...in fact the CS is a tad cheaper, circa USD15k...!

Been relishing my TT ownership, but always yearned for the F 'soul' and er..sounds. But I'm neither frickin' rich and trying to be less financial cavalier than before and since I read somewhere on here that someone had already retro-fitted rear seats with belts to the rear of his 7GT3 nailed the decision for me. I have two young kids as well and since I'm almost always overseas anyways, I'd like to spend whatever time I have home with them. Of course, not the dangerous driving bits.... I live about 20 highway minutes from the Sepang F1 track....

In Malaysia, the Fcar dealer had been 'relinquished' of the dealership. The Porsche dealer, there is but only one and they're kool (many independents tho'..). And in Malaysia...we pay about the equivalent of USD340k for a new GT3. We however do get the race seats as standard .....

The ex Malaysian dealer is the current Singapore dealer. Nuff Said!

Fantasma,
Agree. Whatever you end up getting, precious and being hesitant to use it is a state of mind. After all, you own the damn thing and if you dont use it as intended, someone else will down the line. Might as well appreciate the car and use it. As for people judging you by what you drive, again a state of mind. After a while, you get used to it, No?

Quick Reply: 997 GT3 vs. 360 CS vs. F430