Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Times Article GT2 vs. Scuderia

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol...cle2594978.ece
Old 10-08-2007, 03:01 PM
TTRob
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Common sense conclusion. As capable as the GT2 is, you can't give an extreme driver's car daily driver qualities and at the same time offer the ultimate sensory experience.

Most people buy cars like these for pure enjoyment, not to use every day without having a second car. I use my GT3 a lot, but not every day under all circumstances. I don't need it to do anything but entertain/excite me. If I bought a $200K - $250K sports car, I'd want it to do the same thing, only more so.

I'm not downing the GT2, but IMHO the Scuderia delivers the more complete supercar experience.. speed, sound, quick throttle response, looks, track performance, etc. (with the sole exception of not offering a manual, but the Superfast 2 F1 is really something).

Sure, the Scuderia's expensive and hard to get, but the really great things in life usually are. My $.02
Old 10-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

one of the great things to do in a really fast car is to get up before dawn and drive 600-700 miles before lunch, and get out perfectly relaxed.

This is difficult to do in the Scuderia.

R+C
Old 10-08-2007, 05:36 PM
TTRob
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nordschleife
one of the great things to do in a really fast car is to get up before dawn and drive 600-700 miles before lunch, and get out perfectly relaxed.

This is difficult to do in the Scuderia.

R+C
God bless you if you can do that. That's too much road driving for me in any serious sports car.. unless I had some smooth, clear, unrestricted roads/freeways to play on. Then, driving those miles would be a pleasure.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:06 PM
h-bo
Instructor

nordschleife does not live in the states. netiher do i. a 600 mile drive before lunch can take 5 hours if you get up at 5. i have ordered a 997 gt2 because of this. I read the article this afternoon, I think it is great, and have been mulling it over all day. I know that if I had to drive my last 10 miles ever i would want it to be in scuderia... no doubt about it..... but as much as I love tearing up the track I also love a full day's drive even if I am only able to get 100% of the car in only 2 corners. the anticipation makes the wait worth while.
anyway... fck knows. they are undoubtedly amazing cars. i am however sickeningly jealous that ferrari have really made a real lightweight sports car though, over 100kg weight saving on 430 is awesome. If only Porsche would ACTUALLY go lightweight. Drop 100kg (220lb) in either the gt2 or gt3 and they could claim to be seriously trying to please their true driving fans. WEIGHT WILL NEVER GO AWAY, NO AMOUNT OF POWER CAN MAKE A HEAVY CAR LIGHT!
Old 10-08-2007, 11:40 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by h-bo
WEIGHT WILL NEVER GO AWAY, NO AMOUNT OF POWER CAN MAKE A HEAVY CAR LIGHT!
AMEN TO THAT!!!

Quick Reply: Times Article GT2 vs. Scuderia