Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT2 Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 05:52 PM
peloton
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 29 Posts
Default GT2 Pricing

My dealer has two deposits, one at $50k over and the second at $45k over.

He has a third allocation with my name on it, so what do you think - should I bid or pass?
Old 10-03-2007, 06:12 PM
RMN22AJR
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by peloton
My dealer has two deposits, one at $50k over and the second at $45k over.

He has a third allocation with my name on it, so what do you think - should I bid or pass?

Stealer too greedy - I'm #1 at MSRP - Reeves Porsche - Tampa, FL. March Build date - I believe if you work the phones you can find one for less - is calling 20 - 50 dealers worth 25K to you???? Don't give up your position until you have plan B in place. Call Suncoast in Sarasota, FL and see if they will sell you one - great dealer as well as Reeves - Reeves is only receiving two allocations - both sold.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:54 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

if the whole RS saga has taught us anything...it is to wait!
Old 10-03-2007, 07:22 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

If this was F and you were looking at a 430 Scuderia you'd pay over market and they'd be putting a lien on the car for the first year. Check it out:

"What FNA is doing, is requiring their dealers to offer financing through FNA's Financing subsidiary and the really asinine part of this is that they are attempting to secure a a one year lien on the vehicle, even if it is bought for cash. This is their plan, notwithstanding the fact that there cannot be a lien on the asset without a commensurate obligation. Like other FNA tactics in the past to try and control the market it too will backfire. Let the games begin. BTW this new policy applies to all new Ferraris sold through authorized dealer, not just the 430S."
Old 10-03-2007, 08:17 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RMN22AJR
Stealer too greedy - I'm #1 at MSRP - Reeves Porsche - Tampa, FL. March Build date - I believe if you work the phones you can find one for less - is calling 20 - 50 dealers worth 25K to you???? Don't give up your position until you have plan B in place. Call Suncoast in Sarasota, FL and see if they will sell you one - great dealer as well as Reeves - Reeves is only receiving two allocations - both sold.
That all sounds good in theory, however the fact remains that PCNA does not like endorse aka possible future specialty cars allocation cut, to sell cars out of your designated region, in this case Florida to N Cal. Only a mousehouse dealer with zero impact would see the need to do that because they cannot line up any buyers in their homemarket , even for MSRP, so the chance that they even get one is slim to none.

It speaks volumes if a dealer in a metropolitan area has to sell across the country to get rid of their cars, it is called weak *** price selling with no skills involved, even at Msrp. ANY Mgr or sales person working with/under me in the past would have gotten the immediate pinkslip and good bye if they would not have been able to serve the local community.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SrfCity
If this was F and you were looking at a 430 Scuderia you'd pay over market and they'd be putting a lien on the car for the first year. Check it out:

"What FNA is doing, is requiring their dealers to offer financing through FNA's Financing subsidiary and the really asinine part of this is that they are attempting to secure a a one year lien on the vehicle, even if it is bought for cash. This is their plan, notwithstanding the fact that there cannot be a lien on the asset without a commensurate obligation. Like other FNA tactics in the past to try and control the market it too will backfire. Let the games begin. BTW this new policy applies to all new Ferraris sold through authorized dealer, not just the 430S."
My dealer told me he heard nothing of this and advised I will buy my 430S at MSRP when it arrives in late winter/early spring, I do not believe it will bring the initial money of the RS.

BTW The GT2 should only be bought at list... I do not believe it will bring the initial money of the RS
Old 10-03-2007, 10:11 PM
RMN22AJR
Instructor

Originally Posted by pole position
That all sounds good in theory, however the fact remains that PCNA does not like endorse aka possible future specialty cars allocation cut, to sell cars out of your designated region, in this case Florida to N Cal. Only a mousehouse dealer with zero impact would see the need to do that because they cannot line up any buyers in their homemarket , even for MSRP, so the chance that they even get one is slim to none.

It speaks volumes if a dealer in a metropolitan area has to sell across the country to get rid of their cars, it is called weak *** price selling with no skills involved, even at Msrp. ANY Mgr or sales person working with/under me in the past would have gotten the immediate pinkslip and good bye if they would not have been able to serve the local community.
I agree with your post, but I am the type of buyer who is willing to work the phones to attempt to locate a car. At 200K plus I believe smaller markets may have one available. I recently, purchased a MB CLK63 BS at MSRP - at the time I was chasing the car most dealers wanted 5 - 20K over. It is on the truck coming from Colorado as we speak. Funny, once they started arriving the "buyers" did not show up and I received 20 calls with availability. If you get your name out there you will find a car. The chase is part of the fun for me and I look forward to working with the next "weak ***" dealer.

Just trying to help a fellow Rennlister enjoy a 997 GT2 as I know I will.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:53 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is what I think will happen.

The GT2 will be allocated into the larger markets, based upon very limited production. The "lucky" Dealers will rape the "stupid" customers willing to pay more than MSRP; and PCNA will have to come in with additional allocations to satisfy their long time customers (or lose them). The market will again be flooded with cars, the value will tank and the stupid customers who paid over list will think they have been raped all over again, and it will sow the seeds of disaster for the Panamera launch!.

Who can forget the 996 GT2?. The market for "extreme performance" cars is very narrow, when you remove the prospect of speculative profits. Porsche cannot afford for the Dealers to alienate their natural market or they risk a landside erosion and many lost sales to the competition. MB and Aston Martin and Maseratti are gunning for them and winning the battle...but the stupid Dealers don't see the hand writing on the wall so they continue the predatory practices.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:57 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

Great point about the 996GT2...I find it hard to believe people will be paying over for the 997GT2. The GT2 is a beast of a car and only for the most competent drivers.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:34 AM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RMN22AJR
Call Suncoast in Sarasota, FL and see if they will sell you one - great dealer as well as Reeves - Reeves is only receiving two allocations - both sold.
I'd be interested to learn if anyone gets a commitment from Suncoast for a GT2.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Colm

The GT2 will be allocated into the larger markets, based upon very limited production. The "lucky" Dealers will rape the "stupid" customers willing to pay more than MSRP; and PCNA will have to come in with additional allocations to satisfy their long time customers (or lose them). The market will again be flooded with cars, the value will tank and the stupid customers who paid over list will think they have been raped all over again, and it will sow the seeds of disaster for the Panamera launch!.

Who can forget the 996 GT2?. The market for "extreme performance" cars is very narrow, when you remove the prospect of speculative profits. Porsche cannot afford for the Dealers to alienate their natural market or they risk a landside erosion and many lost sales to the competition. MB and Aston Martin and Maseratti are gunning for them and winning the battle...but the stupid Dealers don't see the hand writing on the wall so they continue the predatory practices.
+1
Old 10-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 151 Posts

Paying 50k over on a GT2 is the essence of stupidity unless one has money to burn in which case one has no right to whine about residual values later because they should realize when paying 50k over that the car is barely worth msrp. Compared to the GT3 and Turbo, the list for a GT2 should be probably 150-170. So in my opinion you are paying over when you're paying MSRP . The 996 GT2 market supports this. If you pay MSRP, you'll lose money in a year due to dropping prices, why lose more?

Last edited by Yargk; 10-04-2007 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:27 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

You could not even be more wrong..................PCNA makes peanuts on the GT2 and will sell EVERY SINGLE ONE like they SOLD EVERY SINGLE 996GT2. The money is in the 997 / Cayenne. You should consider yourself lucky that the GT cars are even coming because PCNA was not too enthused about it until PAG strongly suggested it

What is even more funny is your Daimler/ Aston / Maserati fairy tale. Those cars do not drop like rocks, they drop like meteors to the extreme. LOL, the black series, the lead anchor is already attached. Aston, joke, unless you are acustomed to feed you fire place with hundred $ bills. Maserati ? OMG, I was with them from their re-beginning early in this century, it ain't pretty and that is being polite, that is the blind leading the blind or better,you seem to be a high roller so why don't you ask Ellen De Generes what kind of a bubble bath she recently took on a Mas Q after one week ~ couple of hundred miles .

Hint , one could buy himself a new P car and I am not talking about a stripped Boxster..............
Old 10-04-2007, 03:33 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Yargk
Paying 50k over on a GT2 is the essence of stupidity unless one has money to burn in which case one has no right to whine about residual values later because they should realize when paying 50k over that the car is barely worth msrp. Compared to the GT3 and Turbo, the list for a GT2 should be probably 150-170. So in my opinion you are paying over when you're paying MSRP : icon501: . The 996 GT2 market supports this. If you pay MSRP, you'll lose money in a year due to dropping prices, why lose more?
I don't think PCNA or PAG is too much concerned with you as a potential client because you last purchase is almost 30 years old which most likely you bought used anyway. You do not fall into their high end target range, most likely never will and for every know it all on the net they have 100 fully qualified customers who are able to BUY NOW,not in the future or when the cars are 30 years old . Fact.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

Was perusing depreciation rates on a Mas Q....holy smokes....

There's depreciation and then there's Maserati

Quick Reply: GT2 Pricing