Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations....you will love it
Old 09-19-2007, 11:38 AM
frayed
Race Car

Congrats!!

Jim, you've caused your fair share of ****storms around here, but I always got a kick out of the exchanges you got yourself into. Now that you have your car, I'm sure we all expect very different posts from you.

BTW, didn't we have a bet or something? I think I won?

And good thinking on the dedicated track car. As mooty and I have always contended, these cars are trackable *street* cars. A dedicated track car, notably with all the safety gear, lightened, and with all the go fast goodies, is a different beast. Good luck on the cup car hunt. The prices on them make them quite attractive.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:24 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by frayed
Congrats!!

Jim, you've caused your fair share of ****storms around here, but I always got a kick out of the exchanges you got yourself into. Now that you have your car, I'm sure we all expect very different posts from you.

BTW, didn't we have a bet or something? I think I won?

And good thinking on the dedicated track car. As mooty and I have always contended, these cars are trackable *street* cars. A dedicated track car, notably with all the safety gear, lightened, and with all the go fast goodies, is a different beast. Good luck on the cup car hunt. The prices on them make them quite attractive.

Yes, and you did win!! After being able to see this car in person I love it. I also know now for sure I want a new cup car. Some things are to nice to destroy. I think a cup car can be used in the way I want to use a car. The street suff is nice, however it always gets me in trouble. I think it is time for several things: a enclosed trailer big enoughf for two cars engines tools and rims with tires, a new cup car and extras to go with it, and last a good year of instruction so my goal can be achived. I have learned a lot from you all and I think if you want a race car then buy one if you want a street car then buy one. This RS is so nice and I think I like RAW. So Frayed you are owed a really good bottle of Burbon.

Jim Huber
Old 09-19-2007, 12:40 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jimbo - u gonna drive that thing like Mooty or...

Congrats!
Old 09-20-2007, 12:02 AM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbyC
Jimbo - u gonna drive that thing like Mooty or...
Heck no! If his dumptruck is that clean, he'd never treat an RS like mooty does!
Old 09-20-2007, 04:07 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gorgeous car jim if you end up really wanting a Cup car, let me know. sounds like you spec'd it full boat. shoot me a PM. fyi i love that truck in your picture. what do you use that monster for? any idea how many miles per gallo that emperial cruiser gets?

Originally Posted by jimhuber
Yes, and you did win!! After being able to see this car in person I love it. I also know now for sure I want a new cup car. Some things are to nice to destroy. I think a cup car can be used in the way I want to use a car. The street suff is nice, however it always gets me in trouble. I think it is time for several things: a enclosed trailer big enoughf for two cars engines tools and rims with tires, a new cup car and extras to go with it, and last a good year of instruction so my goal can be achived. I have learned a lot from you all and I think if you want a race car then buy one if you want a street car then buy one. This RS is so nice and I think I like RAW. So Frayed you are owed a really good bottle of Burbon.

Jim Huber
Old 09-20-2007, 08:29 AM
GeoT3
Rennlist Member

damn Jim. that is one awesome looking RS. Congrats and enjoy... did you name it?

George
Old 09-20-2007, 11:52 AM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by spg993tt
gorgeous car jim if you end up really wanting a Cup car, let me know. sounds like you spec'd it full boat. shoot me a PM. fyi i love that truck in your picture. what do you use that monster for? any idea how many miles per gallo that emperial cruiser gets?

About 8 mpg on the Emperial Cruiser. I use the truck to haul my CAT equiptment. I do custom and decrotive, stamped concrete. I will PM you about the Cup. Yes it is full boat spec, I think it has every option for 2007.

Jim Huber
Old 09-20-2007, 03:39 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimhuber
So Frayed you are owed a really good bottle of Burbon.

Jim Huber
I do believe that the original bet was for a "case" of bourbon....

If you are getting a cup; I know of three that are for sale right now at reasonable prices....please do not buy one from a "broker" of cars...only a real racing shop/support team should be involved in surveying and selling this to you.

PM me if you want to get serious about a Cup; or deal with a broker....your choice
Old 09-20-2007, 05:38 PM
my911rs
Rennlist Member

Congratuuations, Jim! enjoy!
Old 09-20-2007, 11:43 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Jim and spg993tt,

Sorry; did not mean to come off in my earlier post as the be-all, end-all, know-it-all wrt Cups or sources of Cups. I am far from it....spg993tt has amassed an impressive collection of fine cars and he is probably in touch w/ many individuals who can help Jim source one out.

IMHO, I would like to see Jim gain at least some (read: alot of) experience with a professional instruction racing school and Multiple DE's with his local PCA before committing to a GT car or Cup/RSR....these are VERY raw machines (as Jim likes 'em) and really require a lot of instruction and experience to drive competently.

I would suggest that you (Jim) aquire as much seat time as you can in one of the many older RAW, seriously economical, set up F class race cars that are available for sale in the classifieds section of Rennlist. I cut my racing teeth on a '73 tub GT2R 993 RSR class race car after a year of DE's in a 996 C2....I had to "unlearn" all that the 996 had taught me as it never prepared me for the "rawness" of the GT class car which required me to really "learn how to drive"...It was only after multiple podiums and wins that I felt ready to "step up" to a Cup or in my case, a 996 RSR, which I am still "learning" as it is exponentially more "RAW" even though it is technologically superior and advanced; the subtle nuances of which take a significant amount of seat time to interpret.

PM me your number if you care to talk more about this significant step you are considering...in any case, keep the RS and buy a basic dedicated track car to learn in and have fun (which is the real reason to do it, IMO)....there will always be Cups available when you are ready to "step up" and spend some serious $$ to race and maintain....( average = about $1K per hour to race when all is said and done )
Old 09-21-2007, 03:29 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Your recommendation to Jim is spot-on 100% right. its a race car and has very specific needs. i make no bones about the fact that technically, i know , really very very little, enjoy the cars tremendously, like to collect a few as well, but in the world of cup cars, know nothing. ...other than knowing the location of 2, 3 good ones.

i know its not a cup car ,but i did get an email from Russ @ Denver Gallery (never done actual business with him but nice enough to email me when he gets new stuff in)...that he has an authentic 73 RS lightweight. whats the story with tthis car? i know it must be a collectible kind of honey, at minimum because he says he wants nearly 200k for it, but i'm just curious the backgrond on that thing and what the market is for that thing. i dont know or do business with russ, or have anyaffiliation with him or that car. just thoght it was an interesting car. was reading some story about some dude who also had some problems tring to restore a 73' RS and found out it wasnt legit car. sorry, didnt mean to hijack there.... ooop... (see image0

Originally Posted by leif997
Jim and spg993tt,

Sorry; did not mean to come off in my earlier post as the be-all, end-all, know-it-all wrt Cups or sources of Cups. I am far from it....spg993tt has amassed an impressive collection of fine cars and he is probably in touch w/ many individuals who can help Jim source one out.

IMHO, I would like to see Jim gain at least some (read: alot of) experience with a professional instruction racing school and Multiple DE's with his local PCA before committing to a GT car or Cup/RSR....these are VERY raw machines (as Jim likes 'em) and really require a lot of instruction and experience to drive competently.

I would suggest that you (Jim) aquire as much seat time as you can in one of the many older RAW, seriously economical, set up F class race cars that are available for sale in the classifieds section of Rennlist. I cut my racing teeth on a '73 tub GT2R 993 RSR class race car after a year of DE's in a 996 C2....I had to "unlearn" all that the 996 had taught me as it never prepared me for the "rawness" of the GT class car which required me to really "learn how to drive"...It was only after multiple podiums and wins that I felt ready to "step up" to a Cup or in my case, a 996 RSR, which I am still "learning" as it is exponentially more "RAW" even though it is technologically superior and advanced; the subtle nuances of which take a significant amount of seat time to interpret.

PM me your number if you care to talk more about this significant step you are considering...in any case, keep the RS and buy a basic dedicated track car to learn in and have fun (which is the real reason to do it, IMO)....there will always be Cups available when you are ready to "step up" and spend some serious $$ to race and maintain....( average = about $1K per hour to race when all is said and done )
Attached Images  
Old 09-21-2007, 10:31 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,944 Likes on 2,800 Posts

A real top-condition M471 option Lightweight is a good buy at $200k these days. Most of the lightweights are converted Touring models though - big difference in value...
Old 09-23-2007, 03:53 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice Jim. I look forward to seeing the interior pics with all of the options.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com

Quick Reply: After almost 2 years RS