Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2008 GT3 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 10:40 PM
gt2fan
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NSXTC
Hmm. I think you guys are misreading his post. He's not asking for $50K nor $25K over. He's just offering his position to anyone interested with the highest offer over MSRP. This could range from MSRP to $7K (latest going price for a non-RS that can be fully spec'd out, I think).

"I am not looking to gouge like some dealers who are charging as much as $25K over sticker."
Yeah, people really need to read what I actually posted and not assume that I am asking for $25K+. NSXTC is absolutely right- I am looking for the best offer over MSRP for this very hard to get car. If I wasn't getting the 996 GT2 I would never even think about selling the GT3. If you're not sure what the market is for the 08's I suggest calling around and asking dealers what they are charging. Yes, it will range from MSRP at many dealers to Champion Porsche who charged $25K over for their non-RS GT3's and $50K for the RS's. Supply and demand is alive and well. Maybe someone on this forum will be an actual buyer and get the car of their dreams spec'd the way they want it (at least for a few more weeks)!
Old 09-09-2007, 10:41 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,031 Likes on 2,843 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
so is Michael Bartsch .....

although --- sometimes Germany doesnt let the 'dumb' Americans know whats going on, so you may be right!
I missed that - could you let me know who Mr. Bartsch is or what he's said? Thanks!

Well, at least it will be interesting to see what happens
Old 09-09-2007, 10:47 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
I missed that - could you let me know who Mr. Bartsch is or what he's said? Thanks!

Well, at least it will be interesting to see what happens
Pres/COO of Porsche NA...

has indicated at least 3 yrs until if/when they make next gen of GT3...
Old 09-09-2007, 10:49 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,031 Likes on 2,843 Posts

Pres/COO of Porsche NA...

has indicated at least 3 yrs until if/when they make next gen of GT3...
How recently has he said this? I'm not familiar with Mr. Bartsch's reputation, but I have seen plently of similar claims by representatives of manufacturers. They denied it right up until the announcement of the denied model
Old 09-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Paul523
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not get out of the way & let the #2 guy on your dealer's GT3 waiting list step up for the allocation, instead of nickel-ante (let's face it, we're talking about shuck and jive for probably $3-4K here) flipping ?

Originally Posted by SrfCity
Good luck. Did you see the latest jobless figures? Anyone taking this car will be lucky getting MSRP the minute it is registered.
begs the question to the original poster: hypothetically if the car comes in January and the market at that time will not support your MSRP+ deal, hopefully you will still take your custom spec car from the dealer.... or will you demand your deposit back from the dealer & walk? Sorry if this post is impolitic, but I know I'm not alone in my thinking here. I just liked it better when the flippers/hucksters went with the Ferrari brand.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:10 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gt2fan
Yeah, people really need to read what I actually posted and not assume that I am asking for $25K+. NSXTC is absolutely right- I am looking for the best offer over MSRP for this very hard to get car. If I wasn't getting the 996 GT2 I would never even think about selling the GT3. If you're not sure what the market is for the 08's I suggest calling around and asking dealers what they are charging. Yes, it will range from MSRP at many dealers to Champion Porsche who charged $25K over for their non-RS GT3's and $50K for the RS's. Supply and demand is alive and well. Maybe someone on this forum will be an actual buyer and get the car of their dreams spec'd the way they want it (at least for a few more weeks)!
Dude,you take the icing.....what roach dealer do you have the on order, yes, I said roach because NO REPUTABLE DEALER will allow someone to "sell" their spot,allocation or anything similar to another party and pocket a profit from it. Period. It goes to the next guy in line or will be kept for stock at MSRP or highest bidder ,depending on dealer.

So why don't you put it on flea bay and you will have
first hand experience how PCNA pulls a allocation......I will laugh my *** off if some fool actually goes for it and then PCNA pulls the plug while the car is in port, lol.

Join date in 09/07, getting a GT2 instead(in your dreams), selling his "spot" poor guy lol, that is the typical mooch speculator without even laying out the cash or risk.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:12 AM
seattle_sun
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with Paul, that he should step down and let the #2 guy take the allocation. All these speculators putting deposits down on cars and then flipping the allocation is BS. Its no different then dealers trying to charge 15 grand for an allocation (Huntington).
Old 09-10-2007, 02:45 AM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 09-10-2007, 03:28 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
Dude,you take the icing.....what roach dealer do you have the on order, yes, I said roach because NO REPUTABLE DEALER will allow someone to "sell" their spot,allocation or anything similar to another party and pocket a profit from it. Period. It goes to the next guy in line or will be kept for stock at MSRP or highest bidder ,depending on dealer.

So why don't you put it on flea bay and you will have
first hand experience how PCNA pulls a allocation......I will laugh my *** off if some fool actually goes for it and then PCNA pulls the plug while the car is in port, lol.

Join date in 09/07, getting a GT2 instead(in your dreams), selling his "spot" poor guy lol, that is the typical mooch speculator without even laying out the cash or risk.
i think he did put it on ebay. this one sounds awefully similar. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...QQcmdZViewItem Its at a southeast dealership. december build january delivery. I don't think the dealer knows about his plans. According to the listing seems like he will just order the car and sell it as agreed to with whomever offers highest over msrp.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:50 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

if he charges more than a dealer would, that is slimy.... if he charges would the dealer would charge (and that might be over MSRP), then I dont see the problem
Old 09-10-2007, 10:20 AM
normank
Racer

Champion Porsche forgot to charge me $25K over. What should I do?
You still did not disclose what your "real" purpose is. If you are trying to make some money: Good luck. If you are trying to make your fellow Rennlisters think you are a nice guy giving someone a break, that might be a tougher sell. If you want to prove yours are "big", buy it and then sell it. A little too much drama without purpose (IMO).
Old 09-10-2007, 01:35 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

without knowing more details (assuming this is an honest individual), i dont see what is so wrong with his post... seems that he is offering his 2008 spot for MSRP or very close to it (no way he got the car for under MSRP...no way)
As I said before:
Originally Posted by canysmc
True, it appears he's only looking for best offer over MSRP for a non-RS GT3.
And he was so kind to mention he's not gouging for $25K or $50K over MSRP like some Porsche dealers though we're not sure if he's just an individual seller or a dealer.
So it seems he may have a MSRP or better deal in his hands.
Which would mean you could possibly get a MSRP or better deal also, though you mentioned that the going price over MSRP is up to $7K.
Thank goodness he's not gouging.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:54 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

I think we all did and assumed nothing.

In your first post, you wanted best offer over MSRP for "your" 2008 non-RS GT3. And then you mentioned a range of $25k to $50k over MSRP w/o being claritive on non-RS to RS. You knew why you threw that in there. Which brings us back to the fact you want best offer over MSRP, which in order for you to ask for that, it appears you got a MSRP deal or better, which means others can get a MSRP deal or better. You see where this is going?

Last edited by IamSMC; 09-10-2007 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:13 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Try something new. Give it to a fellow rennlister! Seriously, do something good for someone...just make sure they aren't a "flipper". You don't want the car, so make someone's day. You won't make any serious cake on it anyway, no matter what you do. Be like Nike.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 09-10-2007, 02:43 PM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

Perhaps you're concerned about distorting the current market by "giving away" an allocation. If so, get the absolute maximum the market will bear for "your" 08 in order to preserve capitalism, and then give the profits to charity. You'll get the satisfaction of taking advantage of the market and of your fellow Porsche enthusiasts and the greater satisfaction of being generous.

Quick Reply: 2008 GT3 for sale