Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Some New/More RS Photos, GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 07:05 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Some New/More RS Photos, GT

here are some new photos of the Black RS that just got to my warehouse.
Very nice car from california
Also just received the Ford GT from NC. Super nice guy, owned the dealership. First title. Very nice car.
Insanely intimidating. Rule of thumb with a GT - never back up.

check them out, and others, at www.911flatnose.com

I have one more RS coming, and then my wife says she's welding the warehouse doors shut.

Enjoy.
-sg
Old 09-02-2007, 09:26 PM
discoganya
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Horizon blue is such a classy color. Beautiful !
Old 09-02-2007, 10:38 PM
gweedo911
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice! Luv the h-blue color also...congrats
Old 09-02-2007, 10:54 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

I've always loved blues, whites, silvers....the lighter tones. that horizon is just gorgeous. two buddies came over today to monkey around and they couldnt believe how awsome that color is. like looking at the ocean from the beach. reminds of polar silver, just in blue. i would probably consider that my favorite colored porsche that i've ever owned, other than white pearl flatnose.

the interior is intense also, full black leather with silver deviating stitchign throughout, leathe emergency brake covered. everthing painted. not sure i would know enough about color schemes and options to spec it 'properly but i dont think there is too much more i would have done myself.

amazing the amount of detail that goes into the production of these cars.

Funny, OldGuy and i were emailing today about a party he was at . Someone had some 'inferior' sports car. he said "my car has a HUD, heads up display. i can se ehow fast i'm going on the windshield...and it has a kick **** stereo". oldguy says "i got none of that, i just have a gt3" then he took the guy for a ride in teh gt3. probably before end of next week, that Hud/stereo will be up for sale.

pcars rules if you like to drive. and they can be darn stylish. horizon blue makes that point.

the amazing thing is that car sat on Ray RPM's site for several months ibelieve, 45 miles, basically new, with a really nice discount. and noone wanted to bring her home.

Originally Posted by gweedo911
Very nice! Luv the h-blue color also...congrats
Old 09-03-2007, 12:16 AM
john0719
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curious to know what those bubbles are around some of the cars?
Old 09-03-2007, 03:59 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 494 Posts

http://http://www.carcapsule.com/. They call it a car capsule.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:45 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Is this some new form of money laundering?
Buying a mass production car and covering it in bubble wrap?

997 GT3RS production is 'open ended', PAG will build as many as they can sell over the lifetime of the 997.
If you want an exclusive car, how aboiut a CTR3 or a Stola - these really are limited

R+C
Old 09-03-2007, 05:30 AM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

This is one form of sports car ownership I'll never understand.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:52 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

nice collection sg!

Originally Posted by Nordschleife
If you want an exclusive car, how aboiut a CTR3 or a Stola - these really are limited

R+C
ctr3 is pretty impressive . . . hadnt seen that one.
700hp 3000 lbs. ruf cayman tt.
but over $510K usd!?
might be exclusive robin, but doubt it would be much of a collector!?
probably make a better return on an RS!
looks cool though!

Last edited by icon; 10-20-2007 at 12:50 AM.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:19 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Originally Posted by icon
ctr3 is pretty impressive . . . hadnt seen that one.
700hp 3000 lbs. ruf cayman tt.
but over $510K usd!?
might be exclusive robin, but doubt it would be much of a collector!?
probably make a better return on an RS!
Why would anybody collect an RS - the value will go down as the market for the car gets saturated. it is NOT limited production, it is made on a production line and the factory will go on making them until there are no more unfilled orders.

Buy an RS to DRIVE - its a nice car.

Buy a CTR to drive, and keep - used prices on CTRs hold up very well. Its based on the 911 tub as that has more space than the Cayman tub.

As far as the cars costing USD 510,00 - go talk to Washington - the problem is a weak dollar, not the cost of the car. The present exchange rate with the euro is 1.36 - it wasn't so long ago that it was 0.85, things have changed.

Collectable cars are, almost by definition, expensive. Presently the US market has great difficulty affording the higher priced cars, if you don't believe me, check where most of the Veyrons have gone.

R+C
Old 09-03-2007, 11:55 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

First, we should always keep things nice and amicable as i'm only interested in being part of constructive threads. but here would be a simple response:

1. you make the assumption that the cars will go down in value. those that aggregate miles will, perhaps. productions numbers are not known just yet and this would be the case with many of the porsche vehicles. i have 3 or 4 car sright now with low to mid miles worth well above their MSRPs. some were ultra low production #s, some were higher.
like any market, there are buyers and sellers at the same moment. i bot from a buy at X, he sold to me at X. if he had a crystal ball, or i had one, we could each see exactly what the future woul dhold. but thats not the case. Investors who dumped YHOO @ 6/share, or shorted EBAY @ 15.00/share , fully believing in their arguments, and perhaps correct in their argument, would be regretting that now.
you put your chips on the table, you roll your dice. you either come in short, inline, or outperform.

2. but ultimately, i dont disagree with you at all on valuations. if you read ANY of my previous posts i'm FULLy, 100% believing that the gt3RS, when driven, will head lower. no question about it. had it happen on the much loved 996 GT2, luckily got out of that with minimal impact. but i didnt get otu for dollars, or for what anyone else said about it...i got out because i didnt like the car.
as far as production#s, i dont agree. if yo uthink so, go to your dealer tell them you want to order a GT3RS and see what they say.

3. which brings me to my final and the ultimate issue: i dont buy these cars for investment. if i wanted a solid investment, i could put money in a savings account at 4% and i might outperform these cars. i buy these cars because ,...well....LOOK AT THEM! they are nuts. they are as performance oriented a thing as you could ever imagine. they drive LIGHTS out, they embrace you and demand your respect and admiration for performance and their cosmetic appeal.

i buy porsches also for a few reasons. i have had italian cars. very nice. but they were a pain in the tush. if something went wrong it was a whole world of annoyance to get them to a shop. my pcars are serviced by a shop that is 5 miles away, often comes to me. and there are shops everywhere with porsche guys who can work on them, and very worst case, dealers are just abut everywhere as well. as far as 500k cars, froget it. no shot of ever driving them. i have a 997T and 997Gt3RS to drive. the rest i keep nice. is there more one could want?

hopefully that clarifies it. i'm on the same page as you about the value of these things.

Originally Posted by Nordschleife
Why would anybody collect an RS - the value will go down as the market for the car gets saturated. it is NOT limited production, it is made on a production line and the factory will go on making them until there are no more unfilled orders.

Buy an RS to DRIVE - its a nice car.

Buy a CTR to drive, and keep - used prices on CTRs hold up very well. Its based on the 911 tub as that has more space than the Cayman tub.

As far as the cars costing USD 510,00 - go talk to Washington - the problem is a weak dollar, not the cost of the car. The present exchange rate with the euro is 1.36 - it wasn't so long ago that it was 0.85, things have changed.

Collectable cars are, almost by definition, expensive. Presently the US market has great difficulty affording the higher priced cars, if you don't believe me, check where most of the Veyrons have gone.

R+C
Old 09-03-2007, 12:09 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I would do the same thing if I could or I had the resources.
Robin normally I agree with you on most things but in the US the RS is impossible to get with
out paying some kind of huge premium. As Steve says go to your local US dealer and say
"I would like a GT3 RS at MSRP" I couldnt do that at my OWN dealer and not get laughed out
of the building. If I could I would bubble up the whole line of GT3s and RS. THen i would drive them
as I see fit. As Robin says these are not limited edition Porsches BUT they ARE Steves. He IS the owner. He can do what ever he wants and since hes not racing them on a dirt track I dont blame hime.
I get just as much a kick out of just going into my garage and looking at the cars(who here doesnt??!!)
Steve has just taken it to another level. More power to him.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:29 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Steve check this out we had a new CU open up on 7/7/07 so they offered 7k at 7 months at 7%
there went my $14K of fun money Dang wife always looking to improve our financial state.

Here is another advantage of Steves Holdings. Someone down the line is going to be able to have a NEW 07 GT3 RS when he buys one of Steve collection. thats cool.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:32 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

this stuff is fun. OldGuy and i have gotten to know one another, pretty well, over the past few weeks. He was instrumental in helping me find a few nice vehicles and get me pointed in the right direction. its just one of those things that adds up to having a lot of fun, and it being an interesting experience.
we're all learning stuff. we pay toplay, and pay to learn, and hopefully get good at it.
OldGuy, thx again.
everyone had a good weekend. off to the park with the kids.

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Steve check this out we had a new CU open up on 7/7/07 so they offered 7k at 7 months at 7%
there went my $14K of fun money Dang wife always looking to improve our financial state.

Here is another advantage of Steves Holdings. Someone down the line is going to be able to have a NEW 07 GT3 RS when he buys one of Steve collection. thats cool.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

I'm glad for you that there are people who pay crazy money for cars where you live. I am reminded that there is an expression in Hollywood "dumb German money".......

From memory, the 996 GT2 tanked, the C-GT tanked. The GT1 held its value well, but then that is a genuinely scarce car. Open-ended production is not good for used values. For a period of time we did see 993s hold their value as the afficionados resisted the bigger water cooled 996. Possibly the 997 will be held onto when the next bigger car comes along.

A car like the GT3 RS is not a benchmark, it is a version of the car sold in most of the rest of world, almost all drivers will be perfectly happy with the GT3, especially if they can specify the ClubSport options. The GT1 is a benchmark car, as is the C-GT, one held its value, the other didn't. I am doubtful that the premium market for the GT3RS can exist for long outside the US, especiually as a little bird is suggesting that city/wall street bonuses are going to take a bath real soon now. In a world where order takers have 250,000 bucks burning a hole in their pocket, premiums on cars can be achieved, when they only have 75,000 its a different story.

You don't have to look back very far to see what happened with the BMW Z8 a king of the over list price heap. PAG, like BMW is a volume manufacturer, premiums have a way of vanishing almost overnight. What US P-car owners have to their advantage is the cheapest buy price in the world, subsidised by shrewd money market operations. This hasn't gone unnoticed elsewhere but US spec cars are not popular in Europe and Germans in particular have low opinions of US maintenance standards.

Having a few cars which do not get driven very frequently, I can state without equivocation that they are a pain in the neck requiring a great deal of maintenance, even such mundane items as door seals become problematic. I stopped putting cars on display because the punters always lean on the door when they look into it and strained the door hinges...

Another memorable expression from Hollywood comes to mind........ "bring on the empty horses"

A car which has been well used acquires a patina which adds to its allure, how many amongst us would prefer a Stepford Wife over the real thing?

R+C

Quick Reply: Some New/More RS Photos, GT