Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Porsche Road Show

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 10:51 PM
LERA GT2
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Road Show

I have not heart any of you mention the Porsche Road shows, so I wanted to share the experience.

For the third year in the DR, we have had a bunch of cars from the factory, this year included (GT3, Turbo, X51, Cayenne Turbo, Cayenne S, Cayman S) with factory drivers to test the cars around town, highway and on the track for a whole week. Of course, most of the time was dedicated to potential customers, but the track day was only for a small track oriented group.

All of the cars had less than 50 miles on the odometer.

Track activity was divided in two groups, Open and Paced. The whole day we were riding with the instructors or they were riding with car owners.

Most amazing, I think Porsche is merchandizing their product line using drifting as an attraction, more so than the school of performance driving.

We had the Michelin local rep changing tires. All I can tell you is that between the GT3, X50 and the Cayenne Turbo, the factory drivers burned more than a dozen sets of tires.

A couple of notes of my impressions:

997GT3 is the most balanced car I have driven street/track.
997GT3 stock, sounds amazing.
PCCB/MPSC N0 are a great combination for street/track use.
Cayenne Turbo drifting is the most fun I have had without looking at a stopwatch.

My old 996 GT2 was on track. Nice to see it, but glad was not my car. I realized that car took away all my confidence. The 997GT3 brought it all back!

I took a ride on the RS and from a pax perspective the biggest difference is the interior sound level. With the plastic rear glass the sound of the engine takes on a different tone in the cabin. I could not open the sunroof, there was non!! Sorry Guys!! I had to mention it before you saw the pictures.

I will try to get the video from the sponsor (Pdealer, Michelin and Mobil). In the mean time you will find some pictures.

One thing I will like you to look at (other than a late production GT3 with PCCB, sport seats and sunroof delete - RS with sport seats, roll bar, sunroof delete, plastic rear window, external antenna) is the door armrest on the GT3 & RS interior. It can not be opened any longer and there is a leather protuberance. What is it? They told me they were 07s not 08s

Enjoy and keep posting!
Attached Images        
Old 08-27-2007, 11:09 PM
LERA GT2
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More pictures @ Track

Regards,
Attached Images            

Quick Reply: Porsche Road Show