Old 09-06-2007, 09:33 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Will this be good enough?
Wow! I can't believe how different that looks! Thanks that is perfect!

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 09-06-2007, 10:42 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and...i then also got the black centers with orange "RS" which ties it into the decals etc. on the side panels...lightens it up just a smidgeon.

i actually think the black car, with black wheels, black centers, orange RS is the most appealing to me. i also really like the silver, with black whee,s black centers orange script.

the orange and green are wild nasty. and while i really could care less what anyone thinks of me or my cars, but driving that around locally, its a bit over the top, i feel...soemtiems...amongst the porsche crowd..hot...

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Wow! I can't believe how different that looks! Thanks that is perfect!
Old 09-06-2007, 11:20 AM
PSC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black with black photos

Not very good.

Icon kindly re re-did them somewhere in archives.
Attached Images  
Old 09-06-2007, 11:26 AM
PSC
Instructor

Here's to link to my photos

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...93#post3679893

Got a white with black everthing coming end of this month.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:44 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 882 Likes on 366 Posts

ZBB

My friend also has black wheels on his black RS and they look amazing...FWIW he got the wheels from Wheel Enhancement.

Rich k
Old 09-06-2007, 11:50 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Its pretty interesting to see the ebb and flow of colors, subjective interests in the various colors, etc. , pricing reflected in the colors, etc.

For example, when first announced, most felt the black and/or silver would be the best selling, the orange/green lesser. then once people saw how nasty mean the green and orange looked, with black wheels, they went that way and sort of turned away from the black and silver. white got hot and i agree, the white with black trim /accents/decals is great looking. now, amongst collectors i speak to, there is a bit of backlash against white because there are a lot of them now. someone had stated that something like 30% of all 08's are to be spec'd white; and some huge proportion of non-RS gt3s are white. i think i looked online the other night at ebay and auto.com and there were some 9 gt3s for sale, 7 of which were white.

ultimately it comes down to personal preference. u can see some of my cars at www.911flatnose.com put on a clean canvas, the green and orange standout.they grab your attention. then you realize the black and silver are every bit the same car, as nasty, just not as in your face. if i had to only keep 1, to collect and Drive, in all conditions, street and track it would be the black or the silver. with black wheels.

if i just wanted something nasty for the collection, the orange and green would top the cake.

of course, coming back from a road bike ride this am, i happen to see a gt3 filling up at the mobile station. sweet rig for sure.

its personal. i think they all are awsome. there are a few blacks out there that are better priced for whatever reason.i'd look that way.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:49 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by PSC
Here's to link to my photos

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...93#post3679893

Got a white with black everthing coming end of this month.
That totally rocks. Thanks! I'll keep the orange for the street and black for the track. (did I just rap?) Anyway, it does look awesome and puts a different perspective on the car. I'm also thinking to do an orange pinstripe around the black rims. Bet that would take the cake. Take a gander at the mellow yellow.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:57 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by spg993tt
Its pretty interesting to see the ebb and flow of colors, subjective interests in the various colors, etc. , pricing reflected in the colors, etc.

For example, when first announced, most felt the black and/or silver would be the best selling, the orange/green lesser. then once people saw how nasty mean the green and orange looked, with black wheels, they went that way and sort of turned away from the black and silver. white got hot and i agree, the white with black trim /accents/decals is great looking. now, amongst collectors i speak to, there is a bit of backlash against white because there are a lot of them now. someone had stated that something like 30% of all 08's are to be spec'd white; and some huge proportion of non-RS gt3s are white. i think i looked online the other night at ebay and auto.com and there were some 9 gt3s for sale, 7 of which were white.

ultimately it comes down to personal preference. u can see some of my cars at www.911flatnose.com put on a clean canvas, the green and orange standout.they grab your attention. then you realize the black and silver are every bit the same car, as nasty, just not as in your face. if i had to only keep 1, to collect and Drive, in all conditions, street and track it would be the black or the silver. with black wheels.

if i just wanted something nasty for the collection, the orange and green would top the cake.

of course, coming back from a road bike ride this am, i happen to see a gt3 filling up at the mobile station. sweet rig for sure.

its personal. i think they all are awsome. there are a few blacks out there that are better priced for whatever reason.i'd look that way.
Beautiful collection my friend. If for some reason the RS doesn't accumulate value or keep its current value, you can put me on your list to buy at MSRP. I love my ride so much, I wouldn't mind having a sister car. However, I think you may be "spot on" with your investment and will be able to make a profit. Keep us updated with new editions to the pool.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:17 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Thx for the compliment, but i had the easy job. i just write the cheques. other dudes had the patience and insight to spec those things, and crazy guys at porsche had the foresight to build those beasts.

unfortunately, i'm on your end of the table. at msrp, i'm a buyer all day. its a car worth a premium, how much i have no idea. in my purchasing i saw stuff from 12, 14 over for a 4k mile silver to ,eeks, 65 over for an 08 allocation due shortly. and everything in between. its a loose, dynamic market influenced by the depth and pockets of the owners. dealers with low milers are getting a bit edgy, i think, sitting on these things at 45 over. some dudes are buried in them at 40, 50 over and dont wan tto take a hit, a hickie, selling at 30, 35, which i think is a current fair and reasonable market.

now, i'll never understand that. maybe its my background heading a trading desk, handling big trades. when you decide to get out, you get out. that it moves LOWER on you should cuase you to sit it out. many a stock has gone from 60 to 50, and 50 wasnt attractive until the stock was 12.

me personally, i just have fun with all this. i dont buy cars principally to make any money. i think somewhere else there was a good dialogue about this and why collectors get invovled. collectors are different, i think , than dealers.

if i were a dealer, it would be critical to read the current trend, the trend being your friend, and you'd go with it. you'd keep your turn rates HIGH. unless you have an absolute collectible, like my 993 Turbo S with 600 miles. Its not a maybe, like the GT3RS. its an absolute collectible, already on its way up.
the surge in the gt3RS was euphoria, initial umph, and driven by the fact its a stellar car. noone questions that.

but it takes more htan 6, 8 months to prove if something can move higher. so thats not my i bot it. i'm not a speculator.

i buy/bot/would be a buyer of them because they are ridiculously performance -oriented, maybe of all the pcars ive personally seen (again, personal...i havent seen a zillion) its one of th enicest, most properly finished monsters i've had the pleasure of owning. i have a collection. i want to long term build a really nice collection i can take pride in.

it will cost me money, but i'd rather it be in that collection, something i enjoy and smile, than sitting in bank with all the other dollar bills. when you go, and yo're in a box beneath the rubble, and your wife's new husband is playing golf with his buddies, with no worries because he "married some rich broad who's husband croaked with cash", you will say "darn, i should ahve just held on to that green gt3RS". "he'll be drinking beers, and shanking ***** left into the clubhouse. thats a lose lose!

cars are not investments, atleast not the gt3RS...at this time. my guess is that in 1 year maybe, low mile 2,3k mile examples, lightly used models will be below msrp, maybe even by a chunk. the zero mile, <400, 500 mile cars will always have a fat premium sicne collectors will be seeking those things.

eh, what do i know....we're both unfair judges of this whole thing...we lvoe the cars.

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Beautiful collection my friend. If for some reason the RS doesn't accumulate value or keep its current value, you can put me on your list to buy at MSRP. I love my ride so much, I wouldn't mind having a sister car. However, I think you may be "spot on" with your investment and will be able to make a profit. Keep us updated with new editions to the pool.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:23 PM
chardonet
Racer

Wink

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Will this be good enough?
Good enough, as in this a scale model. Anyone catch on?
Old 09-06-2007, 03:31 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by spg993tt
Thx for the compliment, but i had the easy job. i just write the cheques. other dudes had the patience and insight to spec those things, and crazy guys at porsche had the foresight to build those beasts.

unfortunately, i'm on your end of the table. at msrp, i'm a buyer all day. its a car worth a premium, how much i have no idea. in my purchasing i saw stuff from 12, 14 over for a 4k mile silver to ,eeks, 65 over for an 08 allocation due shortly. and everything in between. its a loose, dynamic market influenced by the depth and pockets of the owners. dealers with low milers are getting a bit edgy, i think, sitting on these things at 45 over. some dudes are buried in them at 40, 50 over and dont wan tto take a hit, a hickie, selling at 30, 35, which i think is a current fair and reasonable market.

now, i'll never understand that. maybe its my background heading a trading desk, handling big trades. when you decide to get out, you get out. that it moves LOWER on you should cuase you to sit it out. many a stock has gone from 60 to 50, and 50 wasnt attractive until the stock was 12.

me personally, i just have fun with all this. i dont buy cars principally to make any money. i think somewhere else there was a good dialogue about this and why collectors get invovled. collectors are different, i think , than dealers.

if i were a dealer, it would be critical to read the current trend, the trend being your friend, and you'd go with it. you'd keep your turn rates HIGH. unless you have an absolute collectible, like my 993 Turbo S with 600 miles. Its not a maybe, like the GT3RS. its an absolute collectible, already on its way up.
the surge in the gt3RS was euphoria, initial umph, and driven by the fact its a stellar car. noone questions that.

but it takes more htan 6, 8 months to prove if something can move higher. so thats not my i bot it. i'm not a speculator.

i buy/bot/would be a buyer of them because they are ridiculously performance -oriented, maybe of all the pcars ive personally seen (again, personal...i havent seen a zillion) its one of th enicest, most properly finished monsters i've had the pleasure of owning. i have a collection. i want to long term build a really nice collection i can take pride in.

it will cost me money, but i'd rather it be in that collection, something i enjoy and smile, than sitting in bank with all the other dollar bills. when you go, and yo're in a box beneath the rubble, and your wife's new husband is playing golf with his buddies, with no worries because he "married some rich broad who's husband croaked with cash", you will say "darn, i should ahve just held on to that green gt3RS". "he'll be drinking beers, and shanking ***** left into the clubhouse. thats a lose lose!

cars are not investments, atleast not the gt3RS...at this time. my guess is that in 1 year maybe, low mile 2,3k mile examples, lightly used models will be below msrp, maybe even by a chunk. the zero mile, <400, 500 mile cars will always have a fat premium sicne collectors will be seeking those things.

eh, what do i know....we're both unfair judges of this whole thing...we lvoe the cars.
You're exactly right. Enjoy it while we are here. However, we need to all make sure that we do something good with our God-given finances. Build and orphanage or get involved with the needy at some level. I've received more pleasure from giving and being involved than I ever will by buying all the toys that I can handle. Don't get me wrong...I still like my toys. BTW, since you are behind the trading desk, where could a potential investor sink cash into something that CAN make some money these days. The market is all over the place since the housing market has taken a hit. I'm also looking at buying up some rental housing...but I think I'll wait until the prices drop further.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:33 PM
AndreCT
Racer

you got to look at these pics. There is an Orange RS with black wheels on page 3 I think

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...t=95722&page=3
Old 09-06-2007, 03:39 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by AndreCT
you got to look at these pics. There is an Orange RS with black wheels on page 3 I think

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...t=95722&page=3
That's the set-up! Very tight rims! I wonder if the orange strip is a pin stripe decal.? BTW, some awesome cars on that site.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:32 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by chardonet
Good enough, as in this a scale model. Anyone catch on?
Apparently not!

Quick Reply: Black RS/ Black Wheels