Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

New factory RS color combo now available (not official, but believed to be reliable)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Carrera2kid
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New factory RS color combo now available (not official, but believed to be reliable)

I was told last night that you can now order white/blue or white/red from the factory, by my friend who is getting his white/blue RS in the next couple of weeks. The pix have been posted elsewhere on this forum by Jeff.
So, if true, you no longer have to go through all the nonsense to get those combinations from the factory.
Thought one of you who has an '08 allocation would like to know before it's too late.
Regards,
Ray
'07 RS
Old 08-21-2007, 01:17 PM
rop3
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 6 Posts

Ray,

Do you know if there an official 08 order guide published yet?

Originally Posted by Carrera2kid
I was told last night that you can now order white/blue or white/red from the factory, by my friend who is getting his white/blue RS in the next couple of weeks. The pix have been posted elsewhere on this forum by Jeff.
So, if true, you no longer have to go through all the nonsense to get those combinations from the factory.
Thought one of you who has an '08 allocation would like to know before it's too late.
Regards,
Ray
'07 RS
Old 08-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Carrera2kid
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is the "old" order guide, which does not have the option. However, as the white/red and white/blue have been approved (by the board of directors, I'm told) and examples of each have been put on the boat, it is now available out of the "special wishes" department.
Ray
'07 RS
Old 08-21-2007, 05:23 PM
tcracing
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would love to trade the silver/orange RS for either the white/blue or white red!!!!!!!!!!! Just did not have that choice in February when we got delivery!
Old 08-25-2007, 08:46 PM
rop3
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 6 Posts

How do you contact this department?

Originally Posted by rop3
Ray,

Do you know if there an official 08 order guide published yet?
Originally Posted by Carrera2kid
There is the "old" order guide, which does not have the option. However, as the white/red and white/blue have been approved (by the board of directors, I'm told) and examples of each have been put on the boat, it is now available out of the "special wishes" department.
Ray
'07 RS

Quick Reply: New factory RS color combo now available (not official, but believed to be reliable)