Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2008 gt3 RS, impact on valuation

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 11:41 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,700 Likes on 2,342 Posts

i think there are some confusion on the future value of cars in general.
if you just park the car, any premium car, it will hold value. if you have a 100 mile new 6.9SEL, a 20 mile 993, a 300 miles 240Z, they will all sell for at least for their msrp (not counting inflation and opportunity cost, as i said they will retain value not appreciate).

if you drive the car, NOTHING will retain value. how much do you think a 100,000 miles maclaren F1 or enzo will worth?

my RS, slightly less than 4 months old, 8400 miles. i dont think it will have any value when i am done with it.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:46 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a couple 993 Turbo S's; they just drive lights out. i have never really had any 997 turbo or gt3 time; let me restate. i have had none. so i'm a really bad judge of 993.997 relatives, but i've driven many italians and other germans and many other pcars. the nicest there is a artic grey 600 miler. undercarriage is as though it came off the boat. the cosmoline looks like you could eat off it. that takes some effort to maintain without puting on miles. i think sub 1k cars get some silly extra premium. i thne have 2 other S's of midmileage stuff. one is a zenith blue of impeccable quality. great color. the other is another artic black i just bot. both 20 to 30k miles. very driveable but still ubernice.

then you turn back the clock just a few more years to my favorite of all favorites. the 964 turbos. they are nuts. all the power and handling of a 993 (i think) without as much refinement: in short, raw. if i'm going out to dinner with the wife, its the 993 turbo. if i just want to go whale around in the near by state park and roll the dice that valentine1 prevents a speeding ticket, its the 964. sugar ray leonard vs mike tyson(pre face tatoo). refined quick and strong versus brute strength. the flat noses are amazing. really. they never have gone down in value on me. only 22 or so ever made. they look insane. the headlamps pop up. they handle terrific, and when you pop that thing hard and both wastegates growl, u can scare youself.

then again, frankly, i've rarely felt otherwise in ANY porsche. they are driving machines. porsche probably has crazy scientists who study blood adrenaline levels and tweak the cars to gain maximum adrenaline.
and air cooled cars have a bubbly growl.

i think i may be ready for 997 Gt3 RS. I like big backs and i cant not lie..i'm not like some other guys. when an idity bitty girl with an idity bit waste....fellas.
<thats kind of demented that i knew the first 20 words to that song>
have some 964 flat nose turbo s's.
Originally Posted by leif997
that makes three of us....I have yet to consider a car an investment but am interested in aquiring a collection of my own; both drivers and collectables, just for the sake of having it as I really do love these cars......

Do tell a little more about your collection, please
Old 08-13-2007, 11:50 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,700 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt
...I like big backs and i cant not lie..i'm not like some other guys. when an idity bitty girl with an idity bit waste....fellas.

all right, i like some meat on my chix too. uhr... i meant cars.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:54 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

What you have left out of the equation is this;

What is the price delta for '08? I thinkthere will be a significant price increase for MY 08 cars. But maybe I'm dead wrong too.

I do know this,the car is a hoot! Just spent a day with a P factory driver as a tutor. Words fail...

But I can tell you this; I know nothing about driving really fast!
Old 08-13-2007, 11:58 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Default shrek

Shrek The Movie. thats how i know that song. i have 3 kids, 6,4,1. they all have been raised on disney and pixar, shrek being at the center of it all. I think i know every line to that movie. hence, the diddy about Big Butts....

I think the tushy on that Gt3 RS sells that car. there are some nice angles, but i'm an *** man when it comes to Pcar. Baby's got back.

Originally Posted by mooty
all right, i like some meat on my chix too. uhr... i meant cars.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
What you have left out of the equation is this;

What is the price delta for '08? I thinkthere will be a significant price increase for MY 08 cars. But maybe I'm dead wrong too.
Price for the 08 RS is $124900.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:22 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Jon70
Price for the 08 RS is $124900.
See? I don't know about retailing (but I think P missed an opportunity to make more here, what are they thinking?) either

Old 08-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbyC
Life's too short to worry about valuations unless you're in the business of buying low selling high.
Not me...I buy high and sell low....I make it up on the volume.

Quick Reply: 2008 gt3 RS, impact on valuation