Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

gt2 or 3 that is the question. 3 weeks for answer

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 04:18 AM
h-bo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rockminster: as allegretto says it will be interesting to hear what you think of the rs given your 430 experience.

There are several reasons why a 430 do not interest me so much. Firstly in Monaco 430s exceed the number of porsches, it is by far the most common car in these parts. Secondly my bedroom window faces the entrance of the monaco tunnel and no 430 owner can resist blasting through at 3 in the morning.The sound is unfortunately simply not to my liking I find it too loud and brash, the 360 and 355 in particular had a much sweeter and more refined sound. thirdly the practicality are not comparable in my opinion as I do pin the seats back. Lastly I found the servicing costs and build quality of my 355 very disapointing, granted we have moved on, but the experince has left me a little bitter. In terms of residual values the 430 does depreciated in Europe.

Rereading the above I see that i sound a little deffensive. I think it is because I would love to have another ferrari but there are still too many practical issues that I simply wouldn't want to live with again. Hopefully one day I will muster up the courage for another one
Old 08-09-2007, 04:29 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 544 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark GT2
GT3RS - too much extra and you get very little.
GT2 - too much overall for what it does.
Turbo - don't need the extra weight and gadgets and cost.
GT3 - perfect for the track with a few minor mods.

(I currently have and track a 2002 GT2 and a 2001 Turbo - both are phenominal on the track - but we spent quite a bit to get them that way and we could have done the same for a lot less).

Just get a GT3, change the tires, pipes, pads, seats, and add harnesses and you have a fantastic track car that's street legal. No, it won't beat the turbo or GT2 - but it's damn close.

F430? That's another fantastic car - but my wife won't let me take it on the track :-(
In Monaco, it is possible to buy a 997 GT3 CS that does not need to change the seats and add harnesses. It already has a roll cage.
I'm almost sure it would be as fast as a GT3 RS on the track. And you can have it the color you want

Samuel
Old 08-09-2007, 06:09 AM
h-bo
Instructor

true... the rollcage is actually a minus for me though, i need to be able to stick some bags in the back. the car will not be just for the track. I just saw the latest ring times though and I think the GT2 is looking more likely.. will most likely have to be white.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:36 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 544 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by h-bo
true... the rollcage is actually a minus for me though, i need to be able to stick some bags in the back. the car will not be just for the track. I just saw the latest ring times though and I think the GT2 is looking more likely.. will most likely have to be white.
It's easy to unbold the roll cage

What color is your 993 GT2 (pictures, please )?
May it be nice to have a 997 GT2 in the same colors?

Sam
Old 08-09-2007, 07:28 AM
h-bo
Instructor

its silver. Getting the same colour would of course be very cool but a little on the boring side. white is what i am thinking at the moment. I have watched this a few times and like it a lot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19UDZKISKoQ.
Attached Images  
Old 08-09-2007, 10:15 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 597 Posts

Originally Posted by h-bo
There are several reasons why a 430 do not interest me so much. Firstly in Monaco 430s exceed the number of porsches, it is by far the most common car in these parts.
I don't think there is a place in the world with more Ferraris in one place than Monaco. They seem to be literally drop shipped directly from Maranello. I was astounded by the sight of so many buzzing around the port like a swarm of angry bees.

Last edited by eclou; 08-09-2007 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:22 AM
h-bo
Instructor

I moved here 2 years ago and never imagined that I would get bored of ferraris.. how wrong i was. a veyron will just about get me to turn my head .. the best thing I have seen here is an mc12corsa... with german plates. now THAT got my attention. Actually the vintage ferraris still do the job.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

I say get the 996 Gt2 and keep Your 7 TT . Buy a 7 GT2 when it comes for sale used...keep the 3 and 6 GT2 and add the 7 GT2 later...the GT2 has really been hurt here in the resale market and is really quite the value now as a 996 model.

Quick Reply: gt2 or 3 that is the question. 3 weeks for answer