Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Any problems with sound limit at LCMT ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 11:36 PM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Thankfully, she wasn't hurt (neither was the 944 driver), but she got a good fright. When we were talking to her at lunch, she said she saw the car coming and didn't know which way to run so she hit the dirt and then the car hit. Apparently a car hitting a guard rail is really loud when you are lying behind it.

As for the sound, apparently it was the higher pitched cars that were getting dinged the most so that GT-3 "wail" wasn't helping.

I remember seeing your car at the event. Very nice. White is the fastest color.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:36 AM
Racerron
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sjanes

Very nice. White is the fastest color.
Orange or yellow are fastest of all.

I turned the sport mode off after being black flagged.
I've had 4 events at Calabogie and this is the first time there has been a problem with sound.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:14 PM
doc2s
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thankfully, she wasn't hurt (neither was the 944 driver), but she got a good fright. When we were talking to her at lunch, she said she saw the car coming and didn't know which way to run so she hit the dirt and then the car hit. Apparently a car hitting a guard rail is really loud when you are lying behind it.

As for the sound, apparently it was the higher pitched cars that were getting dinged the most so that GT-3 "wail" wasn't helping.

I remember seeing your car at the event. Very nice. White is the fastest color.

thanks. white is absolutely the fastest color regardless what others might say
Old 07-18-2007, 01:39 PM
mnorek
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by doc2s
thanks mnorek. how was the gt3 at tremblant?
My apologies in advance for being off-topic.

The 996 GT3 was fantastic. Not that it needed it, but since I was putting in PFC-01 pads, I asked Conway to put in the PFC floating rotors per Jim H.'s advice. The car was perfect. The only thing that needs work is the nut behind the wheel. With very mild camber -2.1, my tires temps were hot on the inside. Since pressures were good, and since I know I was not aggressive on corner entry, it's pretty safe to say that overbraking is the problem there.

My fast lap was my best ever at the track but I am guessing that there is another 5 seconds out there (with lots of practice) since I was errr...slow in areas.

A 997 owner kindly let me drive his car for a session (thank you J!) as a test drive for the 997 (mine was completed last week and is awaiting loading). Very nice. The 997 GT3 is gorgeous inside and out and while I took it easier than I would with my own car, it is very nicely set up as delivered (fair amount of understeer, but OK for learning the car). I had the e-nannies on and suspension soft but with the exception of some very slight wallow, the little bit of lean allowed nice feedback. I cannot believe Porsche delivers those tires with the car, they are impressive.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:22 PM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Racerron
Orange or yellow are fastest of all.
Porsche paints all cup cars white for a reason Besides, I hear that orange cars plow like farm tractors

Originally Posted by Racerron
I turned the sport mode off after being black flagged.
I've had 4 events at Calabogie and this is the first time there has been a problem with sound.
Not sure why they were doing sound testing on track, but it shows that passing the initial sound test doesn't mean you're safe. Looks like sport mode off for you guys.

FWIW, I'm sitting on the balcony of a condo at the Wyndham Cap at Tremblant and I can hear the track. It's not as loud as the birds except for one car (sounds like a cup car) that's just too loud and it's been running for the past two days.

Last edited by sjanes; 07-18-2007 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

FWIW, I'm sitting on the balcony of a condo at the Wyndham Cap at Tremblant and I can hear the track. It's not as loud as the birds except for one car (sounds like a cup car) that's just too loud and it's been running for the past two days.
It's the Ferrari experience going on except for "one car". I wonder who that might be?
Old 07-18-2007, 09:18 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche paints all cup cars white for a reason Besides, I hear that orange cars plow like farm tractors

Good one !!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike K.
It's the Ferrari experience going on except for "one car". I wonder who that might be?
Mr. Helicopter?
Old 07-18-2007, 11:26 PM
Racerron
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The white colour is just undercoat for Orange and Yellow, and yes, it's a little known fact that Porsche has reintroduced the tractor but it's only available in Black, Orange, Green and Silver or for 6K more in White!!

Quick Reply: Any problems with sound limit at LCMT ?