Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Video: Fred's GT3RS @ Shark Werks with Cargraphic Kit 5 Exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 07:11 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Video: Fred's GT3RS @ Shark Werks with Cargraphic Kit 5 Exhaust...

Hey guys, we were in a real rush yesterday so unfortunately we didn't get as much footage as I wanted but we did get Fred driving some... The wind was pretty high as well and in reality only the second flyby captures some of the essence of the sound. The stock car already sounds what I think is perfect but I have to say not only is the Kit 5 a good deal louder but it's such a clean/crisp sound that I know what I'm doing on ours in 2 weeks time The kit includes 200 cell high flow cats, longer tube headers and some tips but you also loose about 38 pounds of weight (verified). I'm not sure on the power gains (you'll need to ask Fred) but I'm sure that we'll dyno ours etc... when it gets here. They claim of 23HP.

http://videos.g33kd.net/fred_997GT3_rs@sharkwerks.wmv
Old 07-14-2007, 07:16 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 68 Posts

Cargraphic should pay you royalty fee...they'll sell a million with that video !
Old 07-14-2007, 07:18 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by WSH
Cargraphic should pay you royalty fee...they'll sell a million with that video !
I hope I get a good deal on mine then This next two weeks is going to be so long. I hope there aren't any storms and that the boat gets here in one piece
Old 07-14-2007, 07:56 PM
bvineyards
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

holy f%$# is right. love the footage.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:00 PM
brianbento
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Alex for the info!!! I am looking forward in returning from here and getting my baby sweetend up a little bit. Have a great weekend, at least have a beer for me.............lol... Since i can not open the video due to the band width here, i will have to wait to see the clip when i get back in 3 weeks. Take care, Brian
Old 07-14-2007, 10:03 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by brianbento
Thanks Alex for the info!!! I am looking forward in returning from here and getting my baby sweetend up a little bit. Have a great weekend, at least have a beer for me.............lol... Since i can not open the video due to the band width here, i will have to wait to see the clip when i get back in 3 weeks. Take care, Brian
Hey Brian, it was great talking to you this afternoon (evening where you are) and I KNow we're both eagerly awaiting our cars and getting them around the same time... Not long now. As I said, please take good care of yourself and the boys out there. No matter what you hear, read or see in the papers and TV we _all_ support you
Old 07-14-2007, 10:04 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by bvineyards
holy f%$# is right. love the footage.
heh.. I forgot to edit that out and then just sort of left it in the footage. Figured most of us have seen some R-rated movies....
Old 07-14-2007, 10:20 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by brianbento
And Brian.. hopefully this works for you as well as I put it up on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKf0Woig9kA
Old 07-14-2007, 10:43 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sweet!
Old 07-14-2007, 11:23 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

hey brian... here, try this for size, I embedded into the news:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/news.php?news_id=87
Old 07-14-2007, 11:33 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

the best yet!
Old 07-15-2007, 12:18 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,502 Likes on 2,277 Posts

nice work alex.
now get fred to take the car to TH with HOD. i think james' RS, van overbeek's dad, and many other GT3's will be there.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:27 AM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet Sharkster...bet it does make you horny for your frog
Old 07-15-2007, 01:24 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mooty
nice work alex.
now get fred to take the car to TH with HOD. i think james' RS, van overbeek's dad, and many other GT3's will be there.
hey mooty, thanks bud... I talked to Fred and he's going on either Friday or Saturday so one of those days he will be there in it. You should really listen to it as I'd like to know what you think in terms of the sound because in stock form it already sounded good. I like the weight savings off of the *** and Fred swears it feels faster (I can't confirm yet).

BTW I was talking to rob@tc on Thursday as we were picking up a 997TT with PASM coil overs from an alignment... We spent a good hour chatting about this PASM stuff and he told me your thoughts on it (which I agree with). The 997TT really has it bad though and needs a LOT of work to be half-decent. Down with the PASM I say... I also spent a good portion of Friday talking to Kristian over at Porsche on the subject and I think none of us really like it
Old 07-15-2007, 01:27 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
Sweet Sharkster...bet it does make you horny for your frog
Chuck I had honestly "forgotten" about the car for a while and then once in a while we'd work on a GT3 and I'd perk up a bit. For sure I'm excited now though... The RS is just epic in terms of the response/sound. I've been involved with a lot of high HP turbo cars over the past few years so I know a powerful car. I am going to say this, there is no effing way that the 997GT3RS has 415hp. Nope. I've run the car with some better gas (aka not 91) and it feels more like a 440-450hp car to me....

I have to say, the LWF really makes such a difference. I think ALL GT3s should come with that or at least convert to the RS flywheel. It's a world of difference. I did the LWF on the C2 and also on Thursday on the Cayman S. The Cayman S no longer feels lethargic....

Quick Reply: Video: Fred's GT3RS @ Shark Werks with Cargraphic Kit 5 Exhaust...