Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Anyone recently get their GT3 early?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 12:49 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

Well now the wait. I got my VIN number today and the vehicle is waiting for its boat ride to Houston My dealer checked and thinks about three weeks until it is in my hands. For an old guy that has had many (my wife says oh so many) neat cars including 5 Porsches I AM EXCITED ! Got the car cover yesterday and Monday will place the order for the BBS RS GT wheels and PS 2 tires. It should be here by the time I get back from Raleigh and meeting my new Grandson.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:29 PM
brianbento
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will just miss you in Raleigh. I also live there, as a matter of fact, Matt and I live right next door to each other. Have fun in Raleigh. I will be back soon enough in 4 weeks. Take care,
Old 07-12-2007, 01:30 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 597 Posts

My 3 in ONVSL. Maybe here next week
Old 07-12-2007, 03:32 PM
rickg87
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my VIN Today also!
Old 07-12-2007, 05:27 PM
brianbento
Instructor

Try to see when yours is getting on the boat? I would be very curious to see what date you get, but i think yours will go into a port up near you so the date will probably be different.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:30 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Car is completed production and waiting for the next ship!!! The wait only gets more intense... haha (nervous laughter)...
Old 07-19-2007, 12:43 PM
NSXTC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fc-racer
Car is completed production and waiting for the next ship!!! The wait only gets more intense... haha (nervous laughter)...
When was your built date scheduled to complete? Mine was July 17th, I'll have to give my dealer another call.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:12 PM
mnorek
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fc-racer
Same with me. My build date was 7/13.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:43 PM
brianbento
Instructor

the next ship is on 26th of this month. It arrives on the 8th of next month to Brunswick. I found out yesterday that the Bruansweig ship left on the 11th heading to Baltimore and another port on the east coast. My guy also told me that there was another ship heading to Brunswick that left on the 16th and is expected to arrive Brunswick on the 25th or the 27th. I know my baby made it on the 16th ship, so hopefully it will probbably make it there before i get home......... YEA YEA
Old 07-19-2007, 04:10 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Originally Posted by NSXTC
When was your built date scheduled to complete? Mine was July 17th, I'll have to give my dealer another call.
Mine was scheduled for July 17th as well. Dealer sent a note on Monday saying the car was being painted and then a note yesterday saying that it completed production on the 17th as scheduled.

This is my first new, factory ordered Porsche. It's a cool feeling knowing that my car is done and waiting eagerly for a ship to arrive. It would be neat to know how the production cycle works at Porsche, but I assume that's a tightly held secret.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:12 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Originally Posted by brianbento
the next ship is on 26th of this month. It arrives on the 8th of next month to Brunswick.
Wow, great information, thanks! I wonder if Canadian destined cars also go through Brunswick? I think I need to keep myself busy for the next four weeks so I don't obssess over this
Old 07-19-2007, 04:18 PM
brianbento
Instructor

fc-racer, good luck. You will dream about her every night... TRUST ME, Eagerly awaiting.........
Old 07-26-2007, 02:06 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

Eric (the plugs guy) posted the latest ship update in the 997TT forum. For us waiters, it looks like Lyra Leader left on 7/23 and will be docking in Baltimore 8/02, which is a bit earlier than most of us were expecting. I hope my car is on this ship! For total geekdom, here is some info on the ship, which is a pretty hot looking ship:

At Toyohashi Shipbuilding Co., Ltd., located in Toyohashi City in Aichi Prefecture, Japan, Nippon Yusen Kaisha (NYK) has taken delivery of Lyra Leader, a large-scale car carrier that has an environment-friendly, electronically controlled engine - the 8UEC60LSII-Eco - developed by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. The ship, which has a vehicle carrying capacity of 6,500 cars, embarked on its first voyage on June 12, 2005, and will navigate a route to Australia for commissioning, before being deployed at different locations around the world.

NYK is constructing a series of ecoships that have a limited impact on the environment as a result of features such as a ship design that reduces wind resistance and fuel consumption. In addition, Lyra Leader is the first vessel to be equipped with an electronically controlled engine that can decrease nitrogen-oxide (NOx) emissions by about 15 percent compared to existing ship designs.

Principal Particulars for Lyra Leader
Gross Tonnage: 62,510 tons
Length Overall: 199.9 meters
Operation Speed: 20 knots
Vehicle-Carrying Capacity: 6,500 cars (number converted into the standard-type vehicles)
Old 07-26-2007, 08:09 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

Yesterday I wrote on another thread that while I learned of my VIN number and completion of my GT3 on 12 July (completed between 10 and 12 July), my dealer cannot find anything to indicate it has been assigned and or loaded on a ship. That would indicate it has sat for two weeks somewhere. Is that normal?

When ordered I was told to look for the car around the end of July, that was later backed off to the first part of August. However if the vehicle has not yet been assigned a ship I would think that we are now talking late August which would mean almost six weeks after production. I will chat with my dealer again today.

So the questions:

1. Has anyone else had this issue?
2. Is it normal not to have any confirmation of shipment until sometime after the vehicle is well at sea?
3. Anyone else have a GT3 or RS headed for the port of Houston. I ave heard that is a new operation and there are some logistics problem with transfer from the inspection facility to trucks.

Bottom line is that I'm getting eager to have my car. I turned in the Cayman S over two months ago. Comments
Old 07-26-2007, 11:19 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

Just heard back from the dealer that Lyra Leader is not coming to Canada and my car is not on it I don't think I'll ever do a factory order again, the wait is too long...

...the wait continues...

Quick Reply: Anyone recently get their GT3 early?