Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

PCCB P-50 motorsport pads

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 05:11 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default PCCB P-50 motorsport pads

After wearing out my original P-40 pads with 3600 miles and about 7 track days, I installed a set of P-50 motorsport pads on my Carrera S. The rotors look to have zero wear, with no ridge forming on the outside edge.

I tried to source the pads from The Racer's Group, but they sent me the wrong rear fitment and, after I sent them back, TRG hasn't returned any of my phone calls about getting a refund. My dealer, though, was able to get the proper rear pads through Porsche Motorsport. I can dig up part numbers, but I think that 7GT3 cars take a different fitment than my 7CS.

I first drove the pads about 80 miles around town. When cold, there's little bite, but after pushing the pedal further, there's sufficient bite and slowing action. They really are a-ok around town, no real concerns. In the wet (drove them through a typical Florida full-speed-wipers rainstorm) they're also fine.

At the track, there's substantial initial bite. After a few turns, they drop off in deceleration power maybe 15%, then finally get up to temp. At temp, these pads are unbelievable. I've never experienced deceleration like this in any street car. ANCHORS is really the only way to describe them. I'm on PSC and OEM 19s, and my ears literally popped in every high speed braking zone.

The pads held up for 15 continous 2:35-37 laps around Sebring with +100 degree ambient temps, with almost zero pad fade. I'm on SRF fluid, and the pedal was rock hard the entire time. Ran them in four sessions with at least 15 laps each, no problems. Just for sake of comparison, before T7, I can brake at the second set of cones (three cones), whereas with P-40 pads I was braking at the bridge. It's very easy to modulate the pads as well, very easy to threshold-brake, very easy to trail brake lightly to slow the car.

All that said, these pads are pretty noisy. They were initially quiet on the street, but once bedded and warm at the track, they scream through every braking zone, almost to the point of worry. I didn't use any anti-squeal on the pads. Now, on the street, they're still pretty noisy, but not to the point of annoyance.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Eric Ondoy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info.
I was thinking of looking into these pads!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Eric Ondoy
Advanced

I just spoke to a porsche dealer and he had 2 guys put on the green P-50 pads and ate up their rotors!!
I guess pads are cheaper than rotors-So I would keep an eye on your rotors!!
The aggressive pads wore the rotors a lot sooner.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:21 PM
BG
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your not wearing pads your wearing rotors, it's one or the other.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:49 AM
willr
Advanced

what are these P-50 pads? Are they rebadged Pagid RS something?
Old 06-13-2007, 08:49 AM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by willr
what are these P-50 pads? Are they rebadged Pagid RS something?
Pagid builds the pads, and they have a Porsche part number. Any Pagid dealer can get the pads, but they may not necessarily keep them in stock. I'm not sure about their Pagid RSxx model number.

Quick Reply: PCCB P-50 motorsport pads