Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

FS 2007 GT3 RS arriving next week

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 03:23 PM
mrpc12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't need to justify your price or reason for selling to anyone here. You've offered something for sale and stated your asking price. If some people have heartburn over it then screw them.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:28 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS Racer
No thank you

A will hope you will get MSRP and no cent more.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 06-11-2007, 01:19 AM
mowblowgo
Advanced

Originally Posted by Paul523
or let's ask Bob R. to officially change this to 'GT3 Flippers forum'.

sorry to be the blunt idealist, but it'd be real nice if the cheeseballs who had no intention of owning the RS except to hawk it wouldn't have clogged up dealers' waiting lists... yea it's a naive version of 'P-car nut noblesse oblige' , & i'd say the same with one in my barn, flame on.

Above price is silly.
hinder- Ebay can be valid indicator- thisNC auction went eight days to completion, no takers at the 'buy it now' price during the 8 days... which is a contractual obligation upon te seller to sell @ $169k while the auction was in progress. /rant

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...125493532&rd=1
Please help me with this, I purchased a premium lot near the beach because I thought it was a great opportunity to flip it and make a profit, which I did. Should I have;
A) Never purchased it if I didn't intend to occupy?
B) Sold it for $200k less to a real real estate collector?

Give me a break.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:25 AM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know the seller, and he is a good guy. Based on his professional racing experience, I believe that he ordered the car to drive it/track it as it was made for. I also know that he is paying over MSRP himself, so he is not trying to screw anybody, but just get his money back to put towards a business. I know this because my dealer put me in touch with him a while back and we spoke on the phone for hours. I could not afford the car, but we had a lot to talk about; he is a genuine car guy! Since then we have been in contact and become friends.

So please don't judge him (or his asking price) unless you really know him, or the situation.

Guy, I hope you get every penny you are asking for; good luck.

Stephen
Old 06-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Max Power
Racer

Originally Posted by mowblowgo
Please help me with this, I purchased a premium lot near the beach because I thought it was a great opportunity to flip it and make a profit, which I did. Should I have;
A) Never purchased it if I didn't intend to occupy?
B) Sold it for $200k less to a real real estate collector?

Give me a break.

you pay taxes and insurance on a property while you own it

a better comparison might be a car flipper vs. a ticket scalper
Old 06-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Shrews
Instructor

so when i decide to buy a race car will the "enthusiast" crowd sell me a well prepped car 20% below market b/c i'm an enthuisiast too? No offenses but the market is what the market is. I just sold the RS i commited to over 2 years ago for $30k over MSRP to a reseller (and had 2 more come in asking to buy it at the same price) so someone is paying a bigger number than that. So who cares what the guys "intentions" were.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:23 PM
007GT3
Instructor

The market will dictate what he gets for his property. I am sure he will get a premium of some kind.

For the others who want a GT3 RS at MSPR, I would suggest you move to Cuba, request a market cap on the price, and then wait for Castro to bring in some cars.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:29 PM
wildguy
Addict
Rennlist Member

SHREWS,
I may store the car in Austin if it doesn't sell when it hits the dealer in a week.
Guy
Old 06-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Sharptt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no problem with someone buying a GT3RS and offering it for sale to Rennlist members at the fair market price which is above MSRP. The seller and buyer will find a price that makes both happy. Unfortunately I am not in the market for another toy this week but someone out there is and he/she will be very happy.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Shrews
Instructor

Is it being delivered by Beasley? I'd love to see one in Green.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:31 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

I cannot believe the responses to the OP on this thread. Even though some politicians and political groups in this country would love to fundamentally change our economic system, our system is STILL a free market capitalistic system. Any car owner can and should try to sell their car for the most money that the market will support regardless of what their motives are in selling the car. I would have expected more from P-Car owners. Why the animosity?

If you are a current 997 GT3RS owner you should be happy with the current premium being paid for these cars. Conversely, if you are a perspective owner who is currently in the market for a 997GT3RS and the premium has put the car out of your price range then TOUGH.

Case in point, I would love to own a 288GTO but the current market price is more than I am willing to pay for the car. Fine examples of the GTO are selling for about $400,000+/- even though the original MSRP in 1984 was $84,000. Should I be able to buy a GTO today for $84,000 simply because I am an enthusiast and the car happens to be favorite car? Who do the current GTO owners think they are trying to sell the car for more than its original price?

In the end the OP will be able to sell the car for a price that the market will support. IMHO that is as fair as it gets.

P.S. - If anyone who has posted on this thread happens to own a 288GTO PLEASE sell it to me for $84,000. I promise I will not flip the car literally and figuratively.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:36 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

I forgot to add that if anyone here has a 959 in excellent condition I would be more than willing to buy that at the original MSRP as well. In fact, I would even be willing to go as high as one cent over original MSRP.

P.S. Don't forget that I am a real enthusiast and I will not resell the car.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Paul523
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ferrari went to great lengths when the Enzo came out to keep it out the of hands of speculators... why? and I agree with their philosophy, whether it's realistic or marxist or otherwise. But it shouldn't matter to them since in the end it's merely trading commodities. We have diametrically opposite points of view on the issue, so be it.

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
288GTO PLEASE sell it to me for $84,000. I promise I will not flip the car literally and figuratively.
lol... that's a bargain.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:56 PM
GT3RS Racer
Track Day

Originally Posted by 007GT3
The market will dictate what he gets for his property. I am sure he will get a premium of some kind.

For the others who want a GT3 RS at MSPR, I would suggest you move to Cuba, request a market cap on the price, and then wait for Castro to bring in some cars.
In West Germany was said: If you are unlucky here, go to east.

But you are right: The market will dictate.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:59 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

not directed at OP. i THINK this is where ppl get upset about.
if I ordered and bough an RS to drive... then when it shows up, i needed money to buy a business, a plane, a house, or i decided that some other car tickles my fancy, i would sell the RS. and since right now the market IS at least 30k over, that's what i will sell for.

if i ordered the car with the INTENT to flip for profit (again not directed at OP or anyone for that matter) then i have some issue with it. why? b/c they took a spot away from someone who could have otherwise bought it as msrp and enjoyed it. now this person can only have the car if he paid over...

will i sell my RS at 30k over, YES.
50k over? sure, i will personally deliver it to you.
is this flipping per se? no. i have got 4500 miles on it now, i enjoyed it enthusiastlically for sure. maybe now it's time for me to enjoy something else.....

i think that's the difference that may tick off some RL.
i dont think selling at market price per se drive ppl nuts, it's really the intent which is hard to prove.

Quick Reply: FS 2007 GT3 RS arriving next week