Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

997 GT3 or 997 TT - New Member

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

As for Xenons, I think they're irrelevant and I'd much rather not have "the nipple." If the owner simply must have the lighting (and nobody on the planet does more night driving in the mountains than me) then sure, they're cheap. I'm not sure if it's easier to retrofit the Xenons or the bumper without the nipples. Either way, those nipples are just a glaring let down in otherwise very good engineering and design.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:29 PM
ALPINE_997
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Frayed - thanks for the input. True on the Six Disc. I thought about that.

The Bi-Xenons is a must. I forgot to put that in there. Always thinking that a car of this cost should have them as standards

The heated seats was a consideration but thought about the use of the GT3 in cold. Wasn't going to happen often if at all

The door finishers in leather - good idea. I forgot about that one. Thanks!

Well I got a call today from a dealer that has a GT Silver GT3 coming in. Although I really like the color - I thought Carrera White was a better reseller and I would have a better way to spend 3K. I know I wouldn't get it back in the cost.

I hope that my order for the 08 is confirmed soon. I know the Porsche hasn't confirmed allocation yet. Perhaps at the end of the month?
Old 05-23-2007, 04:06 PM
Ray G
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Ray G - please let me know if you are around for a weekend - i could pehaps meet up with you and a few others P-Car in your area. I would love the oppurtunity to take a ride in your car. I am trying to line up a TT still just to make sure.
Sure. I didn't know you were in my area. PM me and I can meet you sometime. Btw, what dealer did you order from?

Quick Reply: 997 GT3 or 997 TT - New Member