Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

how are plates handled for euro delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 12:56 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
Question how are plates handled for euro delivery?

how is the rear plate attached since US cars have bumperettes? is the front bumper drilled to accomodate the front plate?

also, i'm signed up for a track day with Manthey Racing. I had to pay VAT for that as well. Is that refundable?
Old 05-17-2007, 03:20 AM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least on the 996 generation, Front bumper has square holes pre-made for a license plate bracket.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:13 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carrering
how is the rear plate attached since US cars have bumperettes? is the front bumper drilled to accomodate the front plate?

also, i'm signed up for a track day with Manthey Racing. I had to pay VAT for that as well. Is that refundable?
When you export the track day to the united states, the VAT is refundable.

You HAVE to have front and rear plates, however, you might possibly get away with having a front plate in the front window, but entirely upright nand visible.

The Germans have plates available that are the same shape as US plates. Why doesnt the US get with the progtam and adopt Euro sized plates, much more convenient.

R+C
Old 05-17-2007, 08:55 AM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nordschleife
The Germans have plates available that are the same shape as US plates. Why doesnt the US get with the progtam and adopt Euro sized plates, much more convenient.

R+C
Here's one from Switzerland

Old 05-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by carrering

Porsche AG attaches the Euro Delivery plates onto the rear panel where there are two holes already there. They actually drill through the aluminum plate and use two coase thread Torx screws. Obviously, they are narrower than the standard Euro plates.

The front bumper is also drilled, and the same type of Torz screws are drilled through the plate itself to secure it, and the plate frame, to the front.

see:
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: how are plates handled for euro delivery?