Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3 at Quality Check Point

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 04:25 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 133 Posts
Default GT3 at Quality Check Point

My white GT3 has been at "quality check point" for about 3 days now. No VIN# has been assigned yet. Is this an indication that there is something wrong with the car? I thought quality check point would take a couple of hours? Then a VIN# would be assigned and then put on a boat.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by n2cars
My white GT3 has been at "quality check point" for about 3 days now. No VIN# has been assigned yet. Is this an indication that there is something wrong with the car? I thought quality check point would take a couple of hours? Then a VIN# would be assigned and then put on a boat.
Funny thing about "quality check point". Porsche seems to be very secretive when it comes to this. When my car was being built it was there for over a week. They told me that they pull a certain amount over to check them out and that mine was one of those. My car actually was delayed over a month and no one could tell me why. My theory is it's just one of many excuses Porsche uses when they are running behind. Trust me, it's worth the wait!!
Old 05-12-2007, 04:42 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does this checkpoint come before or after checkpoint 8? And come to that, how many other stages are there?

Quick Reply: GT3 at Quality Check Point