for those of you compteplating either 996/7

Old 04-09-2007, 06:13 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts
Default for those of you compteplating either 996/7

Cross post
I have been trying to get over this back problem and its not happening very quickly (a year) I havent skied either so I am thinking of letting this go to someone who can use it. Its not the stripper everyone is looking for but then again its priced like one. Any way I hate to think of this but I dont know what else to do, Its just got 12K miles maybe a hundred miles on two times on the track new wheels at 10K and recently laser aligned and balanced by Arling at Lucent I have the solid Manthey camber plates too)

This is the most optioned GT3 in the country and possibly the fastest I know of. So let me know what you think
email me at
paul.guggenbuehl@navy.mil
or paulgt3@gmail.com after 4
work is 760-939-9988
or cell is 760-977-6704

any way I am going to list the options that were are on the certificate of Authenticity which is lamenated with and in the folder with the dyno runs from the Manthey.
The Sticker is also lamenated and I can email a pic of that to you.
this is for VIN WP0AC29954S692775
MSRP was $122,940 before the carbon radio frame was added for $2K more.

The Manthey power kit was added for $10000 Euros which at the time was around $13,000USD
this is the only US Manthey I know of and includes a stock ECU with a Stock GT3 program
the Manthey ECU is in the car. I have the stock mufflers and cats- A friend needed the stock headers and he has them as well as the stock seats in his plain 996. But the GT3 passed california emmisions so those are worthless (the Stock ECU might be of use and included in sale)This may be the fastest 996 GT3 in the US and is faster than a lighter GT3 cup car which I drove and the owner drove mine and confirmed. This is running around 415 hp (who needs a 997?)
(Manthey includes ECU-oversized Stainless equal lentgh headers- Racing 100cell cats mufflers and Manthey tips(100 octane program I have been mixing 100 and 91 the octane sensors just retard timing when less than 100 oct detected.)

The paint is Gaurds Red of course/G1 It also has the 3m protectant added for $3k which is on the front bumper/hood/ mirrors/gas filler cap/ and behind each wheel.
these are the options
Black interior with full leather.
Porsche Carbon Composite brakes with Yellow calipers
instrument panel Ext color (guards red)
Thicker Steering wheel
Door finishers ect color(guards red)
Black mats Porsche lettering
Rear Center Cons painted Extr color (guards red)
Porsche Crest in headrest
Carbon Door sil with GT3 logo
Brake Shifter in Carbon and Aluminum
ALL exclusive options in deviated stiching (G/red)
Key pouch Interior color Leather
Storage compartment lid w GT3 logo
Xenon Headlamp package.
Seat Belts-Guards red
Aluminum Instrument Dials
All CT Options with Deivated Stiching (G/Red)

then what I added Euro GT3 seats $3K
Lite weigth Flywheel and RS clutch$3K
Porsche Stainless Techquipment rollbar$900
RS crankcase breather.?
RS front splitter.
So anyway I need $88K to make this worth it to me.
stock GT3s are going for 80-85 for low miles cars and mine
has seen the track twice once in a instructor format and one morning
session at Buttonwillow. So its been babied as much as it can be let me know what you think.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:36 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 83 Posts

Any suspension mods?
When you say it is faster that the Cup car do you mean in a straight line or as far as lap times go??
Old 04-09-2007, 08:12 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

No the guy did not take it on the track We were at Willow and he was racing and I was watching
he came in jumped in mine and drove it on the grounds of Willow and Rosamond blvd then back
to the track for his next heat. He said "Dayum that thing is quicker and faster than mine!!"
I would doubt now that he has a season now in that Cup car and is now and instructor, that he couldnt turn faster laps in his.
The suspension is stock but corner balanced and aligned. I have the uninstalled Manthey solid camber plates just havent done it yet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: for those of you compteplating either 996/7