Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

My Beverly Hills Porsche buying experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 01:06 AM
Rob Wolford
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 39 Posts
Default My Beverly Hills Porsche buying experience

Many of you recall that last month there was a lengthy "he said, she said" thread involving a GT3 that was spec'd out by a customer at Beverly Hills Porsche, who later had a tough time obtaining financing. The car was sold to another customer and a lengthy debate ensued about whether or not the guy who spec'd out the car in the first place got hosed. Details aren't too important for this thread, so I won't rehash the whole damn story.

Anyhow, I thought I'd share my experience. Last May I put down a deposit to be #2 in line for a GT3RS at BH Porsche. As the delivery of the vehicle drew closer and with such a buzz surrounding the car, I was nervous whether or not I'd get my car. If these guys at BH Porsche are sleazy dealers as so many have alleged, I figured that surely they would find some way to screw me out of my car and resell it at a substantial mark-up.

Well, I am happy to report that I took delivery of the vehicle the other day and my experience was absolutely wonderful. My salesman was Simon Kouyoumjian and he was honest, helpful and courteous EVERY step of the way. Not once did any of these guys at BH Porsche ever jack me around in the slightest manner.

People are often quick to complain when something goes wrong, but too lazy to pass on praise when it is due. In this case, I am very grateful to Simon for making my buying experience a "10".

I hope everybody else has the same pleasant buying experience that I had. Good luck to all!

Rob
Old 04-02-2007, 01:25 AM
mojom3
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So where are the pics. Glad everything went according to plan. PICS PICS
Old 04-02-2007, 02:16 AM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 78 Posts

simply put, i guess there's no better sales person than Simon at BH Porsche. he's a car guy.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:15 PM
AmirGT2
Instructor

Originally Posted by 20C4S
simply put, i guess there's no better sales person than Simon at BH Porsche. he's a car guy.

First off, Congrats Big Rob!! Enjoy the car in the best of health!

Secondly, Simon Rocks!! He is the absolute best to work with.

Amir
Old 04-02-2007, 04:54 PM
pbsaz
Intermediate

I also had an excellent experience with Beverly Hills Porsche. First with my 997S and now with my one week old 997 TT. Mark Ivanko handled both sales and was extremely helpful and professional at all times. I asked him about the thread involving the GT3 and I completely believe him when he says it was not him who wrote those emails. With all the good things the internet brings us there's also the potential for people to hide their identity to make other people look bad. With a little cutting and pasting it's amazing what you can do. Wish I had been there to see your RS. Congrats on an outstanding purchase. I heard that one came in but it was gone as quickly as it arrived.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:31 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Other than the fact that the poster said they were from BHP there was no evidence of that as I recall.

That's the other aspect of the net. You can never be sure to whom you are speaking.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:04 PM
icruze
Racer

Rob,

Congrats on the purchase, were you able to get the RS at MSRP?

Quick Reply: My Beverly Hills Porsche buying experience