Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Ford GT???

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 10:20 PM
GoFastKindaGuy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello. I'm GoFast and I'm a Caraholic. I attend as many meetings as I can arrange.

FGT just announced a problem with half-shaft separation in the rear end. Earlier ones had a suspension bonding issue.

I'm sad because a friend of mine owns two of 'em.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:31 AM
Sharptt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoFastKindaGuy
Hello. I'm GoFast and I'm a Caraholic. I attend as many meetings as I can arrange.

FGT just announced a problem with half-shaft separation in the rear end. Earlier ones had a suspension bonding issue.

I'm sad because a friend of mine owns two of 'em.
The suspension binding only affected early cars and has been fixed. The half-shaft issue seems to mostly affect early cars but a few later cars have reported the same problem. Pretty easy fix with new bolts and washers available from Accufab. In spite of all the abuse by all of the car mags including 1/4 mile drags, high speed runs and race track testings, none of the press fleet had any problems. Amazing car. Your friend is lucky.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:42 AM
mamoroso
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A total of 63 cars (out of 4,000) have been reported as affected with the half shaft problem. The story on Autoweek is old news.

The internet and message boards always amplify the problems. Remember when the Boxsters and the 996s were doomed by RMS leaks? or the M3 was spitting rod bolts at high rpms?

Oh wait... Lambos seem to have the same issues...

"Got about half way home and I hear a bang out of the back of the car. I immediatly let off the gas but everything sounded normal right after and guages were reading normal so I thought maybe there was something in the road I hit, but I did not see anything. I go to give it some gas and the RPM's rev as if the clutch was slipping. So I pull over (mind you its midnight on I-40 outside Kigman, AZ) and there is smoke everyhwere and oil running out the car like someone turned on a faucet. Finally at 1:30 the tow truck arrives and dives me back to phoenix which is a 1 1/2 hour ride in the lambo but 2 1/2 in a tow truck. LOS has no place for late night problems as this so we drop it at the house and I'm in bed by 5:00 AM. I'd been up already for 24 hours the night before, I was in vegas. Tow truck comes this morning and gets it apparently the same drive shaft bolts that came loose on teh superleggara last week at PIR came loose on my car and the bang I heard was te bolts coming out and hitting the and splitting the oil and power steering lines. Luckily there was no damage to anything else and parts on order. I guess this is becoming an issue from what I was told after talking DIRECTLY to the tech not the service idoits at the desk. There may be a recall coming out on the drive shaft bols o all '06 and '07's...............not sure if its going to happen but apparently its seems to be affecting many G's including the new superleggara."

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/inde...howtopic=20350

Quick Reply: Ford GT???