Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Porsche pulls RS order!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 02:17 AM
RS 197
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After my drive home tonite I would pay 15k over for my car. The thing gets faster every day and does things on the steet that should not be possible. The tires are so sticky...... What a blast......

Get one while you can. RS or not, the car is amazing. and worth every penny. INMHO

Back to the thread. I call bull ****. Acording to my dealer if you have a Profoma invoice with your name on it the car is yours. Maybe the order was pulled before the car was spec'd and entered into the system?? Either way, seems hard to track the E bay seller and have enough proof to bother with an attorney?? But what do I know?
Old 03-15-2007, 02:56 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Proforma means jack , sorry. PCNA can do as they please if they believe foul play is involved, that goes for the dealer or the customer. Now when the car is on the lot it gets more complicated but they can turn on the heat big time , pulling allocations, no pool cars etc etc if the dealer refuses to play ball. Example ? A certain now defunct several decade old dealership in Santa Monica. PCNA withheld several 993TTS 's from the original dealers because of speculation and transfered them to different dealers. They will apply the same medicine to a speculating customer and if you think suing them is scaring them, well think again,their law firm on retainer is anxious to proof how good they are. FNA are the same , just check what they did to Enzo customers.

The last guy who could ignore PCNA and was a big thorn in their side, in fact they hated him, was Vasek Polak because he was best buddy with Ferry and when he wanted something he called him direct. On his home phone. . The same Vasek who sat next to Ferry on one of his last birthdays while Schwab, the then head of PCNA, was shuffled several tables away.

Smart dealerships "punch" and register cars now so they become new used and you can sell a registered aka used car for as much as you wish but the warranty starts ticking.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:06 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

They did something like this with the 959 many years ago to avoid speculators. You could only order one if you were on their customer list. (Being an established Porsche customer). It reduced the amount of trading and speculation on the cars significantly.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:11 PM
normank
Racer

Originally Posted by allegretto
Simple solution;

Just say "NO Motha f*er"

Once the word get to these slimeballs that no one is interested in paying over, they'll be stuck. Now isn't that nice?
If you are going to just say no, and I think you are correct, better get out of the way quick as it appears many do not share your opinion. There are a lot of potential and hungry buyer's out there for the small number of cars. It is difficult to predict the right number to satisfy the market and still maintain the aura of exclusivity.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

There was a guy who gave us his deposit for an RS loooong before we knew 'exactly' how many we'd get. Turned out he'd given deposit's to a whole bunch of dealers, and PCNA called him directly and said "Sorry, but you will not be allowed to purchase an RS at ALL." We were then called from PCNA to fill us in on the conversation.

PCNA watches very closely- as for what dealerships do; well they represent PCNA, not a civilian, so they're a lot less likely to call the dealer on it and tell them 'No you can't charge X for that car'. Does it make 100% sense? Nope. But at the very least, they protect the dealer in that regard. And it'll put a close line on 'flipping' cars for profits.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:51 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

I can only speak for the dealer I go to.

They found out one of their RS allocations was on e-bay, they called the individual and cancelled his order. His slot was given to someone else.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:31 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Pull on these (2) also!
http://mall.rennlist.com/scripts/fea...uery=retrieval

http://mall.rennlist.com/scripts/fea...uery=retrieval
Old 03-16-2007, 09:57 AM
Max Power
Racer

5 gears and an AM radio