Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Say Hello to my little friend

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 11:18 PM
icruze
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Herman, looks like you stopped taking your medication and have relapsed. Congrats. Did you get it at the Lambo Chicago/FVM?

I'll be sending you a PM shortly, I'm trying to decide whether to join the ACC. If you're storing the car at the track maybe you can leave the keys....
Old 03-08-2007, 01:05 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CWay27
This is really an awesome car. Congrats and this should keep you wanting for the RS until july. Come to think of it, with a track weapon like the CUP250, you might even be a little desapointed in the RS.
From what I have been able to tell, a good driver in the Cup should be more than an RS can handle. But the RS can go street, so there is at least an imaginary reason to have both...but ya gotta really kid yourself to believe that.

In truth, I just think the RS is the prettiest Porsche I've seen in memory, sort of the quintessential P-car.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:17 AM
krC2S
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
From what I have been able to tell, a good driver in the Cup should be more than an RS can handle.
i believe that but nothing wrong with wanting both
Old 03-08-2007, 01:21 AM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I can tell you that a Cup 240 is slower than a 996 GT3 on the track. Unless the the 250 is a leap in hp it will still be slower.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:28 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mike K.
I can tell you that a Cup 240 is slower than a 996 GT3 on the track. Unless the the 250 is a leap in hp it will still be slower.
I think the numbers probably favor the GT-3 top end and around an HP track. On a technical track I think the light weight is a big advantage. Further, the ground effects on a Lotus are nothing short of arresting, it really does squat at speed and kicks in lower than any Porsche I've owned.

Either way the best advantage any car has (or disadvantage) is its driver.

Now, how do I join HWFMR?
Old 03-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Terry L
Rennlist Member

So here is the dilemma - you will want to keep both but which one do you run when the track weekend beckons? For me, it will be the Elise or the 997 GT3. After this summer we will see if both stay...
Old 03-09-2007, 01:45 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry L
So here is the dilemma - you will want to keep both but which one do you run when the track weekend beckons? For me, it will be the Elise or the 997 GT3. After this summer we will see if both stay...
yeah keep me posted on which one stays.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:42 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Terry L
Ha yeah. Mooty here will have to tell us his opinion as well.

The 255 is the one that will get the most miles I am sure. I am hoping that my dysfunctional lymbic system will accept the RS as the ultimate street sports car with extraordinary track abilities and leave the track-only Cup for 90% of track days.

The Cup should provide all the thrills I need, cheaper consumbles and be a very nice way to learn about going around quickly.

I am probably preaching to the choir, but having just done the 360/430 thing I really think Porsche makes the Ultimate street machine and I expect the RS to be its best yet.

Quick Reply: Say Hello to my little friend