Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Extra Insurance for Euro Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 10:16 AM
RR
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Extra Insurance for Euro Delivery

Porsche is only offering 2 weeks insurance and licensing for a Euro delivery when Mercedes Benz offers 6 months for the same price. When I asked my dealer for 6 months insurance he sent me a quote from a German Insurer at 5500.00 Euros.

Anyone here ever do euro del for longer than 2 weeks? Just curious on what you did for insurance.

Any help is appreciated.

R
Old 03-03-2007, 08:31 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 892 Likes on 546 Posts

I was planning on keeping my car in Europe for up to a year, now Porsche limits it to 6 months. I have USAA insurance in the US and they also underwrite insurance in Germany. PCNA has accepted that option for me. It's not cheap to insure cars in Europe.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zürich offers comparatively affordable rates for 3rd party Fire & Theft. Getting comprehensive insurance for US drivers on cars costing more than €100,000 is getting difficult with German insurers. I would advise people to investigate Lloyds cover.

If you need fully comprehensive insurance, I suggest you speak to your share broker, and get him to talk to one of his BSD colleagues in London to get the name of a good Lloyds auto broker, these guys make all things possible.

Anybody spending much time in Europe with their car is well advised to join the ADAC, they do car recovery, from the Nürburgring, for example, for their members.

R+C

Quick Reply: Extra Insurance for Euro Delivery