Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GMG roll bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007 | 10:49 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default GMG roll bar

The existing roll bar for the 997 GT3 doesn't easily fit the 997 GT3, though it does have some nice features (seat adjustiblity and seat belt access).

Rumor has it they are designing a new roll bar, 5mm smaller.

If you are contemplating a GMG bar for your 997 GT3 (and if it fits it looks cool) be sure that you get the newer version, otherwise there is a big "headache" involved.
Old 03-02-2007 | 12:44 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Anyone interested in a GMG 996 Roll Bar powdercoated seal grey, I am tkaing it out of my GT2 this week. Will deliver in S. Calif. no charge.

JCM
Old 03-02-2007 | 01:45 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by supercup
Anyone interested in a GMG 996 Roll Bar powdercoated seal grey, I am tkaing it out of my GT2 this week. Will deliver in S. Calif. no charge.

JCM
Are you selling the GT2?

Is that a bolt-on Rollbar?

Thanks
Old 03-02-2007 | 02:45 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

The GMG roll bar is a bolt in, just like the Porsche factory Tech bar. So it is legal for DE, but not club racing. It is a very tight fit, as it is a complete bar, no bolts. But it is very strong (chromolly) and allows the drivers seat to go back an additional 2" over the Factory tech bar. They are well done.

The GT2 is going back to stock - off with Europipe, Motons, steel cup car brakes (complete set), GMG roll bar, carbon mirrors and 2004 GT2 wheels. Only thing I am leaving is the GIAC programming (can't take out), carbon nose piece, clear side markers, baily's diverter valves and the Ruf pedals.

Have not decided what to do with it yet but the dealer offered a very good number if back in stock configuration. I will wait until after I get the RS and if the RS does it and the dealer's number is real I will sell to them. If not I will keep it and put just the motons and exhaust back on.

JCM

Quick Reply: GMG roll bar