Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

more 08 RS rumors

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007 | 01:24 AM
Paul523
Pro

Originally Posted by KSP
Does anyone know how many GT2's were built?
total of 305 spread over four model years--- thanks JCM
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=28792
Old 02-16-2007 | 01:47 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Talking

Originally Posted by grussell
Yeah, I am just that way. If I had one on order like you, I might sing another tune. LOL! I am working on my ho hum GT3.

Speaking of Cup car. Have you driven it yet? I was hoping to see you at the track so you could help me with the new AIM Pista I put in. I got the data from dash to laptop, but now what do I do with it? Are you going to Buttonwillow?
Sad to say I have no scheduled track day and I have no tires as JD is out and they will no longer sell Blue label via phone. Are you going to BW on Tuesday for the Yoko tire test?

As far as your dash goes when I get back I will try to email you some files so you can overlay data for Willow. I have some good laps from Craig Stanton you could compare to.

As far as GT3 and Cup for Cup - I was thinking more like Cup for Cup and cash, you keep the GT3, I keep the RS and we will have about the same $ outstanding!

JCM
Old 02-16-2007 | 03:31 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by frayed
FWIW, just got off the phone with the head honcho of a dealer on the east coast. He's getting 2 RSs, first to be delivered in a week or so. We chatted about RS's, and while there is no confirmation, there is also no denial from PCNA/PAG on 08 cars. His feeling was that there will be a short run, just as there was a short run of 05 996 GT3s. The run will be linked to bona fide orders, and just as with the 996 GT3, some cars will 'magically' get built, as in 'hey looky here, we found a few RSs'.
i dont know about the "bona fide" order part. i dont know how many cars are in for 2007, i do know several dealer just been allocated EXTRA cars. now i dont know if those EXTRA cars are included in the orig 2xx cars or not. there's too much BS going on with this car. it's just a car, i am getting tires with all this PAG PCNA dealaer crap.
Old 02-16-2007 | 03:35 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by lumpking
I have been in contact with a friend at PCNA a he says the intent is for a one year run. Those cars that just pop up are withheld allocations. They hold back 5-10% of production projections just incase something happens that will keep Porsche from fulfilling a production run. As the year goes on those allocations will pop up. Generally the dealers are told of the car after it has arrived state side. So you take it how comes.
the two allocatoin i know of are not in USA yet. they are unbuilt, but close... in PLPROD stage.
Old 02-16-2007 | 03:35 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

me neither stu... I'm a turbo guy at heart but I've driven the GT3 regular enough times to know I will love the car...
Old 02-23-2007 | 07:34 AM
jt993ttchicago
Advanced

I think the RS prices too will hold pretty firm. The gt3 has a healthier following, it is a more rewarding and attainable drive than a gt2. The cost fo the gt2 over the gt3 and even the standard turbo was so ricockulous that a huge decline was in order anyway, just as on the merc AMG 65 cars (sl and cl). CL 65s are going to dip into the nineties by this fall. So will you get a deal, sure you'll save over new. BUT The gt3rs is so unique and I'm sure such a rewarding drive that I don't know how many will be on the market. Plus I'd pay the premium to spec the car how I wanted.
Its always smart to save tho, not taking that away from you at all.
Old 02-23-2007 | 11:42 PM
JS
Race Car

Originally Posted by grussell
+1

Just like the 996 GT2. I have several friends that bought new GT2's for sticker+ (over 200k) that sold them for 115 - 135k 1 year later. The same is going to happen to the RS. I plan on picking 1 up in a year or so for a sweet deal.

Also, I think there will be several cars available once they start arriving. Many of them are going to speculators and many of them have been ordered by individuals that will not hang on to them long. I know of several guys already thinking they will flip them as soon as they come in because they don't really want them. They just like playing the game.
I disagree, the GT2 and GT3 are very different and most importantly are quite different in price, the 996 GT3 really hurt the 996 GT2 value and the premium for the GT2 was quite large in comparison to a 996 TT. I dont think the 996 GT2 and RS are a fair comparison.
Old 02-24-2007 | 03:30 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

But don't forget that there may be a 998RS.
Old 02-24-2007 | 04:54 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ///Mous3
What do you mean by "there may be"?
Old 02-24-2007 | 06:13 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mooty
i dont know about the "bona fide" order part. i dont know how many cars are in for 2007, i do know several dealer just been allocated EXTRA cars. now i dont know if those EXTRA cars are included in the orig 2xx cars or not. there's too much BS going on with this car. it's just a car, i am getting tires with all this PAG PCNA dealaer crap.
mooty getting moody?
so you heard the allocations held back have now been issued to dealers?
guess my dealer didnt get one.
your dealer got two additional allocations?
how many total did that give them?
btw if it's "just a car" why don't you sell for a profit and buy a gt3.
then you would have a lot of money left for mods?
or get a cup car. you know you are eventually unless you quit tracking.
why wait! buy a trailer.
just tell the wife it's mine and i'm letting you borrow it for a couple years!

yeah,
maybe in 3 or 4 years?
and who knows what colors it will be in then?

Originally Posted by sharkster
me neither stu... I'm a turbo guy at heart but I've driven the GT3 regular enough times to know I will love the car...
never heard someone say they were a "turbo guy".
heard a lot of people say the opposite.
what makes someone a "turbo guy"?
just beacuase it's a cheap way to get more hp?
i guess more and more oem's are going to turbo's now to meet emission requirements.
why do you prefer turbo's over blowers?
Old 02-24-2007 | 06:39 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by icon
mooty getting moody?
so you heard the allocations held back have now been issued to dealers?
guess my dealer didnt get one.
your dealer got two additional allocations?
how many total did that give them?
btw if it's "just a car" why don't you sell for a profit and buy a gt3.
then you would have a lot of money left for mods?
or get a cup car. you know you are eventually unless you quit tracking.
why wait! buy a trailer.
just tell the wife it's mine and i'm letting you borrow it for a couple years!
not getting mooty, just having PMS

not my dealer, but dealers i know of, they told me they just got two new allocation and i saw it on the computer, they are 2007 cars and coming in summer of 2007. i just dont know if those are on top of 229 cars or included in 229 cars.

i actually wanted a plain jane GT3, but i cannot get one at msrp with zero option allocated to me BEFORE my RS arrival date. that's the main reason. selling it for a profit? if you would pay the premium, you can have mine car any day. if not premium, since i have the car coming to me, i might as well thrash it for a year then sell it. but the truth is that i actually did ask if my dealer would let me transer the car to another rennlister, you specifically. but he showed me the contract. the msrp sales price is contracted to me, under my name. he said if the buyer isn't me, they wont sell the car. they said i can lease it and then have you buy out my lease. but that's a lot of hassel for me. so i figured i'll just enjoy it for a bit before i do anything. and no one seems to want to buy my car after 5k track miles afterwards anyways

dont tell me about cup car, i got too many BAD friends urging me to burn money that i dont have. and cup car would be big money as i need trailer, storage, tow vehicle (my largest car at the moment is a lotus exige), and most importantly and costly, a divorce.

i do tell wife that most of my cars belong to my friends and i help them work on the cars. now if you moved closer then it may just work. my mechanic already own 2 of my cars, so is my sister, so is my neighber (i am NOT kidding).... you move over, i have another head to use and say that's YOUR car.

when i say blower, i meant turbo.
turbo guy, some ppl like the torque thrust that pins you to the seat. nothing wrong with that and i dont mean to say turbos are cheap, if you want to do it right, nothign is cheap. but some ppl like myself dont like the thrust feeling (i do my own thrusting, not in the garage, if you know what i mean). i prefer the screaming high rev engine noise (like screaming high rpm women too.)
Old 02-24-2007 | 08:15 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mooty
if you would pay the premium, you can have mine car any day. if not premium, since i have the car coming to me, i might as well thrash it for a year then sell it. but the truth is that i actually did ask if my dealer would let me transer the car to another rennlister, you specifically. but he showed me the contract. the msrp sales price is contracted to me, under my name. he said if the buyer isn't me, they wont sell the car. they said i can lease it and then have you buy out my lease. but that's a lot of hassel for me.

dont tell me about cup car, i got too many BAD friends urging me to burn money that i dont have. and cup car would be big money as i need trailer, storage, tow vehicle (my largest car at the moment is a lotus exige), and most importantly and costly, a divorce.

.... you move over, i have another head to use and say that's YOUR car.
you know i don't want your RS.
i want you to keep it!

i did forget about one of your good reasons for not getting a cup car.
fewer people to compete w/ at the track.
plus if you got passed by a s2000 that would really be embarassing!
i need more garage space as well.

i've thought many times about moving to california.
love the monterey peninsula area, and the wine country, not to mention all the tracks and sports car enthusiasts!
real estate none too cheap though!
Old 02-24-2007 | 08:42 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

plus if you got passed by a s2000 that would really be embarassing!
that would never happen. i would take them out before the pass me

i've thought many times about moving to california.
love the monterey peninsula area, and the wine country .
monterey area: oh, you mean laguna seca.
wine country..... infineon is what you are really referring to.

real estate none too cheap though!
i usually sleep in my car on the street. it's pretty cheap that way.
Old 02-25-2007 | 09:07 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Default My reason is...

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
What do you mean by "there may be"?
Not every RS made it to the US; did they? If 998RS made it to the US, it will bring the 997RS price down. Especially when Porsche is milking this 3.6L engine for 2 model generations.
Old 02-25-2007 | 09:29 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Not every RS made it to the US; did they?
That's an understatement. The 997RS is the first and only one...

Quick Reply: more 08 RS rumors