Rennlist Member

Received 1,237 Likes on 607 Posts

Z06, with a screaming chicken decal on the hood
Old 02-09-2007, 02:36 AM
craigsduc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lowside67
Although I am very excited about the RS, I dont know about trading a 430 in for one... a 360 is no contest, but a 430 is a formidable foe and has that very exotic Italian Ferrari appeal that no Porsche seems to be able to match for me (CGT excluded).
No offense but judging on what you drive/own..................(just a gut feeling )a 430 might be up your alley.......a beautifull car to drive around.........perhaps in an attempt to impress people that are easily impressed .......on the road............but definitely not on the track (the risk of hurtingbreaking the car is far too great)." Formidable foe "????? Perhaps on the road but on the track???????????? Give me a break! For those who are looking for a truly formidable, street legal track weapon thats as reliable as the day is long, is far more rare than a 430, will be easier on the wallet when sold and will be easier to sell.....................a GT3RS fits the billet much more effectively! There are certainly some other marques we could mention but this is a Porsche forum right? Sorry but it seems people who buy these Ferraris are not the same guys that buy cars to DE/Club race (unless of course the Ferrari is their street/garage queen that shares the stable with a competition car). Different strokes of couse! Its just when someone who seems to drive convertibles talks about "formidable foe" cars................I question their credentials. BTW, have you ever owned a Ferrari or a formidable Porsche ? How about track experience? Not trying to insult you but when I read your post....................it simply made me reply!
Old 02-09-2007, 02:40 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,784 Likes on 2,371 Posts

Originally Posted by bora
Finally saw the light, eh. Hopefully this one you will keep for a while.

Elise/Exige both rock, although the Elise is my favorite. The exige is too confined for me :-)
well, i still have it after 4 days, 800 miles.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:10 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,098 Likes on 2,871 Posts

Originally Posted by ///Mous3
Not that I have a Porsche "on order" but if I had to change my mind I would go with TVR Sagaris!!! Rumored to be in the US in around 2008.
Unfortunately, I heard that TVR is out of business now...
Old 02-09-2007, 09:29 AM
03-turbo911
Three Wheelin'

I'll probably build a 74 3.0 RSR replica to play around in.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:41 AM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Unhappy Is that so...?

Originally Posted by GrantG
Unfortunately, I heard that TVR is out of business now...
For real??? That sucks!
Old 02-09-2007, 11:44 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,098 Likes on 2,871 Posts

Here's some info - maybe not completely dead yet, but close:

http://news.independent.co.uk/busine...cle2132458.ece
Old 02-09-2007, 12:42 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by craigsduc
No offense but judging on what you drive/own..................(just a gut feeling )a 430 might be up your alley.......a beautifull car to drive around.........perhaps in an attempt to impress people that are easily impressed .......on the road............but definitely not on the track (the risk of hurtingbreaking the car is far too great)." Formidable foe "????? Perhaps on the road but on the track???????????? Give me a break! For those who are looking for a truly formidable, street legal track weapon thats as reliable as the day is long, is far more rare than a 430, will be easier on the wallet when sold and will be easier to sell.....................a GT3RS fits the billet much more effectively! There are certainly some other marques we could mention but this is a Porsche forum right? Sorry but it seems people who buy these Ferraris are not the same guys that buy cars to DE/Club race (unless of course the Ferrari is their street/garage queen that shares the stable with a competition car). Different strokes of couse! Its just when someone who seems to drive convertibles talks about "formidable foe" cars................I question their credentials. BTW, have you ever owned a Ferrari or a formidable Porsche ? How about track experience? Not trying to insult you but when I read your post....................it simply made me reply!
While I agree that my 430 Spyder is no match for my TT on the track as equipped, and I'll further agree far fewer F-car guys track than P-car. I will tell you that not everyone buys an F-car just to impress others. I think the gawkers are a PITA when I drive it and need no one to affirm my choice.

I won't bore anyone with details, but I will say that RS, TT or 430 all have their distinct charm to me.

You likee the Lotus, Mooty? I know. It's fun just to look at it and I have not even driven one. Yours is an Elise?
Old 02-10-2007, 12:03 PM
craigsduc
Instructor

Originally Posted by allegretto
While I agree that my 430 Spyder is no match for my TT on the track as equipped, and I'll further agree far fewer F-car guys track than P-car. I will tell you that not everyone buys an F-car just to impress others. I think the gawkers are a PITA when I drive it and need no one to affirm my choice.

I won't bore anyone with details, but I will say that RS, TT or 430 all have their distinct charm to me.

You likee the Lotus, Mooty? I know. It's fun just to look at it and I have not even driven one. Yours is an Elise?
I did say " possibly to impress " as I know their are those out there that own Ferraris for the right reasons. I personally think they are a work of art ( as are most things from Italy) and would certainly enjoy a 360/430 coupe or CS. If I owned one, I would certainly have to enjoy it on a track too at least once but to use it for regular DE / club events....................no way. Now if I had the pocket book of Bill Gates.................why not? Hell, I,d buy a dozen of them to have some fun on the track with my buds...........A real world replacement / substitute for a GT3 or RS.....No way!! As you said, these cars all have their charm..................These two are simply for two different people.....IMHO

Quick Reply: OK, disaster at Porsche AG