Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Pixs of US GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 04:56 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Interesting, the RS is coming with rear 5mm spacers. That moves the actual offset to 46mm, so the 18"x12" rear wheels from the 996 GT2 are a perfect fit.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:03 PM
03-turbo911
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations on the RS. I like the White, looks fantastic.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Philip in AL
Pro

Default Now I'm really screwed!

Was stuck on orange, but after looking at your white I just called the dealer to see if the order id still open; it is. Here is where I need some opinions:

I don't love orange. BUT (and some of you won't understand me taking this angle) I thought that may be the best color to buy for resale. Not saying I plan to resell; I may keep it forever, I don't know. But for MY NEEDS, white is a lot less glaring.

Do you think that white will resale just as well as orange? Thanks for any responses, and please don't start with the flames about "who cares, it's an RS" and "buy it to drive and don't worry about the resale". Trust me; I'll drive the wheels off this car!
Old 02-07-2007, 05:36 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 237 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Philip in AL
Was stuck on orange, but after looking at your white I just called the dealer to see if the order id still open; it is. Here is where I need some opinions:

I don't love orange. BUT (and some of you won't understand me taking this angle) I thought that may be the best color to buy for resale. Not saying I plan to resell; I may keep it forever, I don't know. But for MY NEEDS, white is a lot less glaring.

Do you think that white will resale just as well as orange? Thanks for any responses, and please don't start with the flames about "who cares, it's an RS" and "buy it to drive and don't worry about the resale". Trust me; I'll drive the wheels off this car!
Philip
I'm always concerned about resale in any car I buy. I have a GT3 on order so this color info may not apply to the RS. My dealer, in the Northeast, said white, silver, black, and red in that order.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:37 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Philip in AL

My order, placed a week ago is for orange. But I agree the white, just as it is without the decal has a lot of minimalist style. Very understated. But I also think the green is growing on me too, so...???
Old 02-07-2007, 05:40 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Very nice indeed!!
Old 02-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Holy smokes! Your kidding me... Your wife went out & took more photos... And exactly the photos these bums are looking for?

I have to ask... Does she have a sister?
Old 02-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DarrellC
A few more photos....
Thanks for the effort to post the additonal pics. Great stuff.

Looks like there's a 5mm spacer on that wheel, is it the right rear? Is there a spacer on the fronts?

The doors liners look the same as the GT3. A post from a UK owner suggested the RS door trim doesn't have a pocket, but maybe not.

The engine lid is the same from the looks of it, so the RS wing is a bolt on -- that should be welcome news to us low-rent GT3 drivers. : )

I'd be curious to see what the deflector on the rear wheel control arm looks like -- it's the "spolier" that deflects air from the duct in the body work to the hub of the rear brake rotor in front of the caliper. From the parts docs, it looks the same as the normal GT3, but you never know.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Michael B.
Holy smokes! Your kidding me... Your wife went out & took more photos... And exactly the photos these bums are looking for?
HEY! I resemble that remark.

I have to ask... Does she have a sister?
Old 02-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
Must say for the extra 20k you did not get much.Should of just got the regular gt3.
It's about $17K difference. Most of it is not visible aside from the wide body (how much does a C4 cost over a C2?) with the wing.

Underneath is the homologation suspension (front and rear split wheel carriers are lighter and adjustable.) The RS has a wider rear track. There's the lightweight flywheel and remapped engine.

This has been debated so long ago, I'm forgetting every line item -- what am I missing?
Old 02-07-2007, 07:05 PM
RR
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In white I agree, the car looks like a GT3.
That's why i agreed with Porsche with not offering any other colour besides the special colours. I think once we see all the colours in the flesh we will all realize that Porshce was right in their way of thinking.
White won't hold it's value and your paying more for white.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Philip in AL
Pro

Jeff you have one heck of a motorcycle shop! Damn, how many sq ft is that? Dyno'ed the 430 at Blakes shop Monday night.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:56 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
We get a large aluminum frame that goes across the bumper stops, at the front and rear bumpers.
The reinforcement bar shown on Rockit's car is part number #996-505-021-04. The bar is missing from the europipe photos but was used on the ROW and USA/CAN GT3. The two black shocks visible on each side of the vehicles in those photos are the support mounts. We should take this (differences ROW/USA) to its own thread. The part numbers are loose in the wild so there is no reason to be guessing about the actual changes.

Last edited by JasonAndreas; 02-07-2007 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

simply. F'ing. Amazing. Period. Nuff said. Stop reading this crap. And go DRIVE IT!
Old 02-07-2007, 08:35 PM
DarrellC
Advanced

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Thanks for the effort to post the additonal pics. Great stuff.

Looks like there's a 5mm spacer on that wheel, is it the right rear? Is there a spacer on the fronts?

The doors liners look the same as the GT3. A post from a UK owner suggested the RS door trim doesn't have a pocket, but maybe not.

The engine lid is the same from the looks of it, so the RS wing is a bolt on -- that should be welcome news to us low-rent GT3 drivers. : )

I'd be curious to see what the deflector on the rear wheel control arm looks like -- it's the "spolier" that deflects air from the duct in the body work to the hub of the rear brake rotor in front of the caliper. From the parts docs, it looks the same as the normal GT3, but you never know.
Yes, there is a 5mm spacer on the rear wheels. I have the wheels off right now and I'm looking it over. (I didn't get much of a chance to look at it last night.) I noticed the front sway bar was set 1 from full soft and the rear was full hard. Does anyone have any experience with this set up yet?

I also noticed that there is a large hole in the front of the front wheel wells. In other words, behind the radiator fans. I thought that a screen should be placed there to stop some of the rubber from flying into the fans. I'll take the front bumper cover off this weekend to place screens inside the air intakes.

I'll post pictures of the rear rotor air deflectors in a couple of minutes.

The door liners do have little pockets with flaps/doors over them.

Quick Reply: Pixs of US GT3 RS