Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Black GT3 w/red wheels....??

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 06:13 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cobrien
Yep!! I take it you were there as well??
I came in when you were sitting at the Ron's desk. One of the salesmen said you guys were buying two.

I was the guy that Ron and I were looking at the model of the RS as I was trying to be sure of my color. Were you the ones with the Toyota FJ? (cool car)

FWIW I ordered the RS in orange. I'd love to see the black/red wheels!
Old 02-05-2007, 06:25 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by allegretto
I came in when you were sitting at the Ron's desk. One of the salesmen said you guys were buying two.

I was the guy that Ron and I were looking at the model of the RS as I was trying to be sure of my color. Were you the ones with the Toyota FJ? (cool car)

FWIW I ordered the RS in orange. I'd love to see the black/red wheels!
I remember you...congrats on the RS! If I were ordering an RS, that's the color I'd have gone for as well.

No, the other guy was the guy with the FJ.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:32 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

i'm no photoshop expert but here is walker's beautiful black car with red wheels for your enjoyment. I think it looks great personally. I would want the entire wheel red though.

Old 02-05-2007, 07:26 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the Photoshop magic! I went from your pic and made the wheels black to give me a better idea of what I'm thinking of for my car.

Re: these red wheels, I think it looks pretty good too. The bits of red in the interior would balance it nicely.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:44 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carrering
i'm no photoshop expert but here is walker's beautiful black car with red wheels for your enjoyment. I think it looks great personally. I would want the entire wheel red though.
Thanks for the Photoshop! I initially did a quick cut and paste of some red wheels onto a picture of my car, but this is definitely much better. I had to admit, my initial reaction was pretty negative, but now I've come back to it a couple of times and it's looking better!

I have no idea whether the entire wheel will be red or not. I'm guessing not, since all the other painted GT3 wheels I've seen from the factory leave that outer lip silver. So I'll have to see!

Originally Posted by AllanJ
Re: these red wheels, I think it looks pretty good too. The bits of red in the interior would balance it nicely.
I agree, Allan. Seems like if you're going black and red, you need to go all out....

Thanks again,
Collin
Old 02-05-2007, 11:40 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jim Bacus
Which would have been me. Thanks, I am enjoying the FJ this winter.
Hey, get the hell out of my thread!!!
Old 02-06-2007, 12:08 AM
GT3CAR
Needs to Get a Life
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you plan on tracking the car you will want to get another set of wheels anyway. I don't care for the red wheels. You could certainly unload them very quickly here because there are a lot of guys willing to buy a second set for the track.
If you seach under the user name Bigred you will be able to see the wheel and tire combo he bought from Tirerack after he took delivery of his car.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:12 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

another one that looks more like what it would look with the factory painted wheel option.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:58 AM
03-turbo911
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That doesn't look half bad IMO. If you're keeping them red, it might be better to go with what the previous customer wanted to do. Some Red Stripes would tie it all togther beautifully.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:37 AM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

another one that looks more like what it would look with the factory painted wheel option.
Hey carrering, thanks very much for doing that, I really appreciate it!! I owe you one, or maybe 6. Maybe I should FedEx you a beer or three?

Hmmm....I may almost like it more with the entire wheel red....

Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
That doesn't look half bad IMO. If you're keeping them red, it might be better to go with what the previous customer wanted to do. Some Red Stripes would tie it all togther beautifully.
That's what I'm thinking. Red wheels on their own look a little odd, but with a red stripe on each side, and the red trim in the interior, maybe it would all be tied together.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:48 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobrien
Hey carrering, thanks very much for doing that, I really appreciate it!! I owe you one, or maybe 6. Maybe I should FedEx you a beer or three?

Hmmm....I may almost like it more with the entire wheel red....

That's what I'm thinking. Red wheels on their own look a little odd, but with a red stripe on each side, and the red trim in the interior, maybe it would all be tied together.
okay, i'm working on an entire case of beer now. here you go, with stripes!

Old 02-06-2007, 10:06 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

That latest pic is the best. The red wheels look out of place on an exterior with otherwise no other red, needs some complementary materials. When I initially read this thread, I thought it'd look like a badly-finished ricer, but the photoshop looks really classy especially with the silver rim. Unique, track-oriented, still not over-the-top.

But the GT3 should be centered on the door.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:13 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

okay, i'm working on an entire case of beer now. here you go, with stripes!
Awesome! Wow, you even got the clear side marker (which I'm going to put on the day the car shows up)! Yep, I definitely owe you a case of beer....what'll you have? Thanks again!!

Originally Posted by nkhalidi
That latest pic is the best. The red wheels look out of place on an exterior with otherwise no other red, needs some complementary materials. When I initially read this thread, I thought it'd look like a badly-finished ricer, but the photoshop looks really classy especially with the silver rim. Unique, track-oriented, still not over-the-top.
Yeah, I agree completely. By doing just red wheels, basically you end up with a car where the only thing anyone sees is red wheels! But if you tie in some more red, you look at the car as a whole instead of just focusing on the wheels. That's why it absolutely needs the stripe IMO.

Last edited by cobrien; 02-07-2007 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I think the red wheels don't look too hot alone, but are pretty nice with the decals. Still would not be my first choice.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:58 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nkhalidi
But the GT3 should be centered on the door.
common guys! give me a little break here! LOL
its right off an RS photo. just erased the RS part. I'll leave the centering up to your imagination.

Quick Reply: Black GT3 w/red wheels....??