Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

P97 GT3 Intake screens @ Carnewal

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 03:16 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

How many cars? That's a rather existential quesiton; one without a clear answer. I define myself by a wide variety of vehicles in various states of disassembly. Not limited to 911's, I have partially disassembled boats, jet skis, motorcycles, SUVs, trailers ... houses ...

And the Turbo is in remarkably very few separate pieces now, thank you for asking ... : ) ... just waiting on those exhaust clamps and donuts from Friday before last ...
Old 01-22-2007, 07:09 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

My only concern is debris that gets behind/through the mesh and sits between it and the radiator...that's one heck of a process to get that out of there!
Old 01-22-2007, 07:49 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
My only concern is debris that gets behind/through the mesh and sits between it and the radiator...that's one heck of a process to get that out of there!
Long tweezers should take care of that. We have a 12" long one around here somewhere. Not sure where the wife bought it.

Some road debris smacked my center rad and flattened a bunch of fins. I'm thinking of adding some mesh now.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:13 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
How many cars? That's a rather existential quesiton; one without a clear answer. ..
Do you mean " Nebulous", rather than existential?
Old 01-23-2007, 12:39 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by leif997
Do you mean " Nebulous", rather than existential?
I think just about any word could have fallen into that sentence, but no, I happened to think "existential" so I ran with it. And the idea of defining oneself based on the things disassembled in ones garage is growing on me. It's a variation on the old idea, which I now phrase as "He who dies with the most toys and tools ..."
Old 01-23-2007, 07:42 AM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think just about any word could have fallen into that sentence, but no, I happened to think "existential" so I ran with it. And the idea of defining oneself based on the things disassembled in ones garage is growing on me. It's a variation on the old idea, which I now phrase as "He who dies with the most toys and tools ..."
kinda sounds like my world which more and more is approximating the term "entropy" as a life style definition (would that be ?entropic? )
Old 02-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by princetonporsche
Carrerra GT: do you have any information of specifics of removing the bumper or where I can go to get this info?
Here's the diagram in the PET -- it's enough information on the handful of screws holding it on.
Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2007, 02:48 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the image.

I think somebody needs to knock off these cup car screens, have them anodized in black and sell them for half the price.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:58 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While you have the front bumper off, you might as well change the horns out to something a little less General Motors-like.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lawjdc
While you have the front bumper off, you might as well change the horns out to something a little less General Motors-like.
The horn is about the same as any 911. I don't mind it. It looks like junk though. And it's an after-thought in the design -- they just cut a square hole out of the lower side of the bumper cover to let the sound out. Kind of weak. There's a separate horn for the alarm, so I don't see why they couldn't have thought it through and put the horn somewhere that didn't require compromising air flow across the bottom of the bumper cover at the very front of the car. Little things.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Steven_H
Pro

Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts

Check out his posting on Rennteam from last month:

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php...rue#Post306668
Old 02-06-2007, 02:06 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The horn is about the same as any 911. I don't mind it. It looks like junk though. And it's an after-thought in the design -- they just cut a square hole out of the lower side of the bumper cover to let the sound out. Kind of weak. There's a separate horn for the alarm, so I don't see why they couldn't have thought it through and put the horn somewhere that didn't require compromising air flow across the bottom of the bumper cover at the very front of the car. Little things.
Aside from the engineering aspects of the horn placement, the sound is just so lame! I am wondering if I could get some '73 horns (from PCNA) and install them.

Quick Reply: P97 GT3 Intake screens @ Carnewal