Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Build Documentation?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 03:23 PM
pj1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Build Documentation?

Hi, I posted this in another thread...but the thread got sidetracked so am reposting here in hopes of some advice:

I have a deposit on a GT3 for a May build. I got a "pro forma invoice" from the dealer that itemizes my selected options, including prices, and a grand total. The document also has a 6 digit "order reference number." And the dealer wrote in by hand "May build." I also have a receipt for my deposit.

My question is should I have anything else from the dealer at this point or is that it? thanks for any info...peter
Old 01-12-2007, 03:47 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Nope that's it...that's all I've got!!
Old 01-12-2007, 04:15 PM
BG
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My reference number is 7 digits but the last 3 are zero's, other than that, sounds like your good to go. The pro-forma from PCNA will not have the build month. Until the factory picks up the order from PCNA the dealer can move around the build month based on his allocation and you can make changes to your option list as well. For example if your dealer has an allotment of 4 GT3's (1 per month from March-June) he can put anyones order in any of the 4 months alloted to him.
Anotherwords the fact that he wrote May as your build month is fine, my build month is written in by hand as well.
I've ordered numerous Porsche's and this is the way it works.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:52 PM
pj1
Intermediate

Thanks guys, I checked and my order reference number is 7 digits not 6, so I think I'm all set. I guess nothing happens in terms of new info until the factory picks up the order shortly before the build date? How often do you recommend checking in with the dealer (just to let him know you're still around)?
Old 01-12-2007, 06:19 PM
BG
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would say check late March/ early April and see if the factory picked up the order yet and if there's any schedule update, that's about it.
After the car's built and shipped the dealer can give you accurate delivery info.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:37 AM
pj1
Intermediate

Thanks for the advice...nothing to do now but wait...and wait...and wait...

Quick Reply: Build Documentation?