SILVER GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 01:38 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by icon
mj, saying "it's not your cup of tea is a little misleading isnt it?
No not misleading I happen not to like the subtle look, that's all.

there's no denying the car looks fantastic,
I did say it looks great!!

it's just that you would rather keep it in one of the schemes that porsche offers instead of making changes.
Again no, as I've stated before I like sportscars especially "specialized" models like the RS to be loud, harsh and in your face. Silver, Black or White IMHO don't fit the bill. As a matter of fact, before the colours were announced, I wanted to do a paint to sample for my RS (if available) in Orange or Gulf Oil Blue. And as far as making changes, I'll make plenty of them in the name of weight reduction and performance.

everytime someone posts an RS that doesnt conform to the porsche scheme are we going to give derogatory posts to the owner?
Nothing derogatory about what I said so back up jeff.

what we have here is a silver car, it's not exactly leading edge exterior paint design.
And a fine looking car it is, however it's not my cup of tea!
Old 12-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3SM
Black cage and silver wheels were fitted in Germany with no extra cost ; the car finally came in Switzerland with orange mirrors and decals which were then changed/removed by the dealer free of cost to me.

Cheers
SM

thanks, glad to know that. i may remove the orange bits myself as i am ordering silver also; i will at least order silver regular wheels and maybe the orange decals and mirrors will work for me then. your car looks great and must be a treat to drive.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:30 PM
RR
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious GT3SM,

When your car came in, I understand you specced silver wheels so you never saw your car with the orange wheels, only with the orange trim. Have you ever seen a silver RS with the full orange trim and wheels?
In this way I agree with taking off the orange trim, b/c the RS looks disgusting with silver wheels if you keep the coloured RS stickers.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:16 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

^We "have excercised the demons, this house is clear..."

I would order PTS if they didn't have a colour I liked...thank goodness that's not the case!
Old 12-22-2006, 05:44 PM
e6tme
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RR
Sorry, but I will have to disagree.
Are you kidding? It looks just like a GT3. If you wanted that look why not just get a silver GT3 and save yourself 30K?
I think when you see the cars in real life, all of them, in their factory livery you'd change your mind.
I ordered silver as well and intend on keeping the stickers.

I agree if you are buying it as a daily driver then it may be a bit much, BUT if you already have an every day car, wouldn't you get more excitment jumping into a car that doesn't look like an every day car? Just my thoughts.
What an asinine thing to say! RR, why not buy a silver GT3 and add on some decals and YOU can save 30k and still be a 100% poser!!

GT3SM, your car looks fantastic and you've obviously bought it for the right reasons. Congrats!
Old 12-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by RR
If you wanted that look why not just get a silver GT3 and save yourself 30K?
Or for that matter, just get a 997 w/Aerokit and save even more, plus you'll get a back seat and a more comfortable ride!

Remember, the RS in other markets is the real deal...CF seats, plexi, etc. Only in the US is the RS primarily about the look.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:10 PM
RR
Three Wheelin'

How about driving the US RS first before talking about "real deals".
My whole point is that he ordered the car from the factory with silver wheels. The car looks like sh*t with orange trim and silver wheels. I was just wondering if he has ever seen a silver rs with the orange trim and wheels in the flesh. I agreed with him the way he ordered the car I would take off the RS stickers too.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Spark84
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or you could look around for someone making a kit for converting a VW to a GT3 RS . . .
Old 12-22-2006, 06:14 PM
RR
Three Wheelin'

Now that would be hilarious.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:49 AM
03-turbo911
Three Wheelin'

Stickers don't make an RS what it is RR. My choice wouldn't have been Silver but if pressed I would do what the OP did and take off the Stripes and colour-code the Orange bits Silver. It's a personal choice and I should have added IMHO but didn't.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:46 AM
GT3SM
Track Day

Default SILVER GT3 RS

I had a chance to take a pic of the car when orange decals were still on; unfo pic quality is orrible, it was taken when car parked at dealer'workshop, during their lunch time.......
As you can seeit wasn't too bad but I still prefer it as it is now. BTW I now added the black badge GT3 RS under the back spoiler which definitely completes the car. Yday I had my first real (but still outside the track) journey with the car which - believe me - can still clear the traffic in front of you very quickly, irrespectively of its silver, anonymus colour.

Take this chance to wish all of you a merry Xmas and very happy new year.
sm
Attached Images  
Old 12-24-2006, 10:47 AM
svb
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I also prefer it without the orange and debadged.....beautiful stealth car!

Quick Reply: SILVER GT3 RS