Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3RS allocation available

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 01:33 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RS 197
I will bet my new GT3 you cannot afford it. I can tell by your attitute. If you were in the postion to spend $140K on a car you woud have a different out look on the situation. Do you even own a 911? Seems you just want to stir the pot.
You are right on one thing. I do need to join. Since I got into this GT3 thing I have realy enjoyed this site. I will make a point to get my $$ in. Thanks for the heads up.

Joe
This statement of yours is in poor taste and attitude. Flaunting one's wealth or buying power reeks of immaturity and bad judgment. For crying out loud, this is a community where for the most part people try to make new friends and help each other.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:35 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Well put Bobby.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:14 PM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waynekehm
First Post, Greetings All
2007 GT3 RS Allocation
arrival date Feb.07 , Tampa Florida
must be specified soon probably best by Wednesday Dec. 13 06 ; otherwise I will spec for myself White or Silver w min options.

Considering offers. Feel free to email direct. Thanks for the interest.
Drane
Drane, ignore the childish bickerings here. I hope you have listed it on ebay as well, and I am certain you'll make a tidy profit (even if you have to spec. it for yourself), the demand is there and IMO you will easily get a 10-15k premium. Good luck with your sale.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:31 PM
RS 197
Pro

Originally Posted by BobbyC
This statement of yours is in poor taste and attitude. Flaunting one's wealth or buying power reeks of immaturity and bad judgment. For crying out loud, this is a community where for the most part people try to make new friends and help each other.
Call it what you want. My point is that the people that have a problem with this guy offering his car to this board probably can't afford it. You have one on order, what is your take. I bet you would let your allocation go for MSRP right.

Let's get real. It is human nature to maximize one's opportunity.
I personally am thrilled that he gave us first crack at it.

Wealth and buying power is the topic of this entire thread. Why should someone comment if that someone is not in the position to even consider purchasing the car???

I will tell you what. When your done with yours I will take it at less than it is worth. Is that o.k. with you??? Better yet why don't you give it to a needy Rennlister for free. You would be helping out someone on this board that can not afford one. You would make a new Friend in a hurry.

I get tired of people hijacking threads for the sake of something to do. Do you think the next guy that wants to get out of his allocation is going to offer it here. Probably not.

Joe
Old 12-14-2006, 02:42 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Call it what you want. My point is that the people that have a problem with this guy offering his car to this board probably can't afford it. You have one on order, what is your take. I bet you would let your allocation go for MSRP right.

Wealth and buying power is the topic of this entire thread. Why should someone comment if that someone is not in the position to even consider purchasing the car???

I will tell you what. When your done with yours I will take it at less than it is worth. Is that o.k. with you??? Better yet why don't you give it to a needy Rennlister for free. You would be helping out someone on this board that can not afford one. You would make a new Friend in a hurry.

I get tired of people hijacking threads for the sake of something to do. Do you think the next guy that wants to get out of his allocation is going to offer it here. Probably not.

Joe
Joe, with all due respect I did not comment on the merits or demerits of the guy offering his allocation here.

I did comment on your immature attitude towards others affordability of an RS. THAT is poor taste and totally without class. BTW, if you must insist, there are folks on this forum who likely can buy you 100 times over. With all due respect of course!
Old 12-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

Hi there Bobby,...so, have you decided to keep your TT-S. I read your post on wanting to sell it first, and knowing your progress with taht beast I know you are going to love your RS.....

Last edited by Sanjeevan; 12-14-2006 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:15 PM
drane
Advanced

Originally Posted by Joe S.
I understand what you’re saying, not trying to cause an argument, just trying to express where I'm coming from.

I feel like this place is a tight knit community and when someone comes in with their first post like that it seems like they are trying to take advantage of it. Kind of like if your relative came home to your house and tried extort some money from you. Just doesn’t feel right.
Joe, no extorsion or coersion was intended on my part, just a simple excursion into Supply/Demand capitalism.
BTW I have made several contacts interested in purchasing cheerfully to consider 10K over for the opportunity.
However,
Final disposition of my allocation will go to long time friend and fellow PCA instructor Erik Gielen whom initially involved me in the GT3RS pursuit. Erick and I have been dueling turbos for years. Ericks long term RS order is at Braman Porsche. .....Well, Braman burned him even after having purchased wife's Cayanne there. Hence no duel of RS's will be possible. ....My first impulse was to flip my allocation, went to RList forum; would have better tried to sell the stolen Holy Grail. ....Erik wanted the RS anyway. We are good with the dealer,specked out and Erick will enjoy the ride whist I wait for 08 RS if such comes to US....Meanwhile I will be terrorizing him with my 2100# 930 -600hp efi turbo. For the record,I will recieve no compensation nor want any for the flip.Well, he did say he would buy me a beer.
Thanks to all for input, many intersting opinions!!! Wayne
Old 12-14-2006, 03:25 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jeeva
Hi there Booby,...so, have you decided to keep your TT-S. I read your post on wanting to sell it first, and knowing your progress with taht beast I know you are going to love your RS.....
Hello Jeeva. Not yet decided on the fate of the Turbo S. I love that car. But I wonder how much use it's goint to get once the RS arrives. Will know better how I feel when I have both. Good to hear from ya
Old 12-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Joe, no extorsion or coersion was intended on my part, just a simple excursion into Supply/Demand capitalism.
BTW I have made several contacts interested in purchasing cheerfully to consider 10K over for the opportunity.
However,
Final disposition of my allocation will go to long time friend and fellow PCA instructor Erik Gielen whom initially involved me in the GT3RS pursuit. Erick and I have been dueling turbos for years. Ericks long term RS order is at Braman Porsche. .....Well, Braman burned him even after having purchased wife's Cayanne there. Hence no duel of RS's will be possible. ....My first impulse was to flip my allocation, went to RList forum; would have better tried to sell the stolen Holy Grail. ....Erik wanted the RS anyway. We are good with the dealer,specked out and Erick will enjoy the ride whist I wait for 08 RS if such comes to US....Meanwhile I will be terrorizing him with my 2100# 930 -600hp efi turbo. For the record,I will recieve no compensation nor want any for the flip.Well, he did say he would buy me a beer.
Cool Wayne. Sounds like you have a lot of knowledge & experience. I hope you stick around and share it and become part of the Rennlist community.

Old 12-14-2006, 03:29 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Final disposition of my allocation will go to long time friend and fellow PCA instructor Erik Gielen whom initially involved me in the GT3RS pursuit. We are good with the dealer,specked out and Erick will enjoy the ride whist I wait for 08 RS if such comes to US. Well, he did say he would buy me a beer.
damn it wayne!
i told ya i would'a bought ya two beers!
nice thing you did for your buddy
hope you find another allocation for yourself.
spend a lot of time on longboat, if i need a tooth pulled i'll look you up!
Old 12-14-2006, 03:40 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Joe
You don't seem to get it. I have no issue at all with the capitalist system. To you it seems like whoever is flashing the most Benjamin’s is who you think should rule. I don’t think anyone here is looking for a freebie. I’m sure those guys down in the South selling gas at exorbitant prices after Katrina didn’t either. No life and death here but when is appears someone it trying to take advantage of a community where there are many friendships it just doesn’t feel right especially when it is on a first post from a non-member. I just informed him of the rules as it gets irritating to see that happen a lot. Wayne seems like a stand up guy and I hope he sticks around.

When can I take you up on your bet? White wouldn't be my first choice in color, though it looks great and heavily discounted I’d be more than happy to take it off your hands.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:49 PM
Paul523
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're a good man, Wayne... as an over the hill hockey player i should be nicer to dentists
Old 12-14-2006, 03:51 PM
RS 197
Pro

However,
Well done. See everyone got what they wanted. If my car was not in my hangar I would have offered you around $15K for it. After driving my car. It will do for know.

Nice work.

Joe
Old 12-14-2006, 03:55 PM
RS 197
Pro

Originally Posted by BobbyC
Joe, with all due respect I did not comment on the merits or demerits of the guy offering his allocation here.

I did comment on your immature attitude toward others affordability of an RS. THAT is poor taste and totally without class. BTW, if you must insist, there are folks on this forum who likely can buy you 100 times over. With all due respect of course!

You miss my point. Oh well, I am sure most of us understand it. I could care less what your economic situation is. Just play in your own garage. I do not call up Donald Trump and get pissed at him because he made a good business deal that put 100 homeless people out on the streets. He is out of my league.

As far as a 100 times over??? You have not a clue.

Joe
Old 12-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Wayne, Well done. You have showed remarkable restraint in the face of provocation. I am very happy to see you as part of this community. Please believe me when I say that we aren't as nasty as this thread would indicate.

To those who threw rocks and indulged in various slights or even insults, please read what you wrote and ask yourselves if you are proud of your words.

I am going to close this thread in the hope that we'll return to the usual good cheer and support for our fellow enthusiasts.

Regards,

Quick Reply: GT3RS allocation available