Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Is it August yet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 03:59 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 503 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by jimhuber
My dealer is able to order from the Porsche Motor Sport. It is the same ROW stuff. I have looked at other photos on line of other new RS cages all bolt in with good quality. We will have to install attach plates for the cage to transfer force to the body. I think that the full front and rear cage , with R 6 tires will make the car sick stiff.
What Dealer can there ROW parts be ordered from?
Old 12-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JUSTIN.
What Dealer can there ROW parts be ordered from?
Order anything through Sunset, probably the best price too.
http://www.sunsetimports.com/
Old 12-17-2006, 07:58 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 83 Posts

13x19 and 9.5x19 Fiske type 13 race black I think the cage was around $4000 installed and painted black to match.
What size Hoosier R6 did you order. I am trying to figure out what wheels and tires I will use for the track on my car. Please tell me the details on the wheels too (ie. offsets). Are you sure they will fit or are you just gambling on those widths? I don't see a 19" size for the R6 Hoosiers on any website I looked at.
Also, is it the full RS Cage or just the back half roll bar?
Old 12-17-2006, 10:34 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Nut
What size Hoosier R6 did you order. I am trying to figure out what wheels and tires I will use for the track on my car. Please tell me the details on the wheels too (ie. offsets). Are you sure they will fit or are you just gambling on those widths? I don't see a 19" size for the R6 Hoosiers on any website I looked at.
Also, is it the full RS Cage or just the back half roll bar?
Go to Hoosiers web site they just added some r 6 just for the 911 in the 19 inch. Yes the Fiske type 13 will work with the PCCB and the offset is custom to your need\ also they offer race black finish. Sorry Porsche the wheel color of silver and orange sucks forget retro. Black car black wheels and cage. The cage is a cage that can be ordered as just rear or rear and front or rear front and side. I will paint the cage black also. I went with full leather and a lot of carbon. I will replace the side view mirrors with black mirrors and paint the rear wing sides black and remove the lower stickers. I do not care one bid of the history of the RS to keep it stock I want a bad *** road racer the way I want it. I am not buying for resale. I just think that $ for $ this is the king for now. Only Hoosiers R 6 for me and I like YOK 008p. I think that with a full custom blower and some map work that this car will really be a player. Will install some C GT carbon seats. I am new to this site and to others. I see a lot of under tone rules and ideas in this Porsche world. One fella on this site said he might want to sell his spot on a RS for profit and every one blew. WHY????? If any of you people whatever you do did not make money then how could you pay your bandwith bill. The idea that the car spots should go to a Porsche nut, just because and that you feel extorted over the not being able to have what you want is bogggggggus. I like cars money and did i say cars. so if someone wanted to buy my car spot then that is a business deal for a car and money not a attempt to screw you just supply demand and time over money.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:15 AM
BRIANGG
5th Gear

I'm a new member....I was told May build June delivery....Orange/Black
Old 12-19-2006, 12:37 AM
frayed
Race Car

Custom blower and map work . . . have you looked into nitrous yet? Seriously, it's a lot cheaper and can totally own a blown POS.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:58 AM
BRIANGG
5th Gear

Thanks for the welcome. Didn't read the "Waitlist" section when I filled out my new membership. Sorry.

Question: I was unaware that you had to specify black wheels instead of silver as an option on the Orange/Black combo....my salesman never asked me the question when I placed my order.....where was that indicated on the option guide?
Old 12-19-2006, 01:11 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BRIANGG
Thanks for the welcome. Didn't read the "Waitlist" section when I filled out my new membership. Sorry.

Question: I was unaware that you had to specify black wheels instead of silver as an option on the Orange/Black combo....my salesman never asked me the question when I placed my order.....where was that indicated on the option guide?
black wheels are standard!
silver is a no cost option that you would have had to spec!

i guess that means you aren't giving up your allocation? lucky!!!
Old 12-19-2006, 10:14 AM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by icon
black wheels are standard!
silver is a no cost option that you would have had to spec!

i guess that means you aren't giving up your allocation? lucky!!!
Icon, orange wheels are standard on a black car and silver wheels are optional. I like the Fiski type 13 in race black it rocks. As for the nitrous question, I in KY, however a REDNECK I am not. You see sir a forced air induction is linear in output boost and a re map is in line due to the curve. I would put the back roads of Kentucky up to any in the country for excitement. This is a good time and a great way to know many new people in who love the Porsche motor cars.

Jim Huber
Old 12-19-2006, 10:20 AM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by frayed
Custom blower and map work . . . have you looked into nitrous yet? Seriously, it's a lot cheaper and can totally own a blown POS.
I can not stand it when I look for something or go buy something and the first thing out of the mono drone is buy this is cheeper. When, now or then for you or for me. YES cheeper HP from the bottle at what cost. I do like the bottle, but this car, me , and everyones asssssss that I somke with it , will like my ideas better. Japan is the spot for the High HP and performance sector. German good hardware Japan good software
Old 12-19-2006, 10:29 AM
frayed
Race Car

As for the nitrous question, I in KY, however a REDNECK I am not. You see sir a forced air induction is linear in output boost and a re map is in line due to the curve. I would put the back roads of Kentucky up to any in the country for excitement.
Jim Huber,

Never said anything about your origins, those who you choose to associate with, or the quality of your local pavement.

So, you are serious about putting a blower on this motor? Have you formulated any sort of plan of attack to make this happen. I'm interested in how you go about such a project. You may have one of the first 997 RSs running FI. That would be mighty impressive.

And about your wheel selection. 19" Hoosiers. . . .since you are going with 13" rear wheels are you going with the 325/30 rubber out back? If so, what are you running up front on those big 9.5" wheels? Again, I'm curious as to how you will take advantage of all the wheel.

I'm just here to learn from others, and make friends who share in interest in these wonderful porsche motorcars!
Old 12-19-2006, 11:17 AM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by frayed
Jim Huber,

Never said anything about your origins, those who you choose to associate with, or the quality of your local pavement.

So, you are serious about putting a blower on this motor? Have you formulated any sort of plan of attack to make this happen. I'm interested in how you go about such a project. You may have one of the first 997 RSs running FI. That would be mighty impressive.

And about your wheel selection. 19" Hoosiers. . . .since you are going with 13" rear wheels are you going with the 325/30 rubber out back? If so, what are you running up front on those big 9.5" wheels? Again, I'm curious as to how you will take advantage of all the wheel.

I'm just here to learn from others, and make friends who share in interest in these wonderful porsche motorcars!
F1? I do not understand. A plan, Well YEA. Do you need a total lesson in blowers and air mass to fire or are you just looking for a bolt on kit. Well the first thing to do is to remove the exaust and intake and now you start. The exaust should be RSR type exaust no EPA BS. Now math. More math. Now we MODIFY the intake and machine all hardware to bolt up the blower. I do not know now what blower I will use however i feel that a roots style in this case. Learn? do you know how much money and time I have spent in the learning curve. I always make mistakes that is grind stone way I live. Concept back on black RS for street battle. Answer a custom blown German car with other ideas out of the circle of rules and bolt on kits. I do run LPG on my CUMMINS DODGE as a fog at pulls. Please let me know about the F1 thing I do not understand.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:20 AM
jimhuber
Racer

F1? I do not understand. A plan, Well YEA. Do you need a total lesson in blowers and air mass to fire or are you just looking for a bolt on kit. Well the first thing to do is to remove the exaust and intake and now you start. The exaust should be RSR type exaust no EPA BS. Now math. More math. Now we MODIFY the intake and machine all hardware to bolt up the blower. I do not know now what blower I will use however i feel that a roots style in this case. Learn? do you know how much money and time I have spent in the learning curve. I always make mistakes that is grind stone way I live. Concept back on black RS for street battle. Answer a custom blown German car with other ideas out of the circle of rules and bolt on kits. I do run LPG on my CUMMINS DODGE as a fog at pulls. Please let me know about the F1 thing I do not understand.
Well the wheels Hoosier just released some tires for the 911 look on the site r 6 19" I will make in my shop some fender flare like the RSR only more stealth will make them out of glass will only install if i need them i do not know if i will or not. Saw some really flares on the site i like flares.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:34 AM
tocho1
Instructor

Im getting one in July too...Silver
Old 12-19-2006, 11:45 AM
frayed
Race Car

FI. . .forced induction.

Sounds like you'll do the FI kit from the ground up with a positive displacement blower. Eaton/Lysholm makes a great twin screw blower that has greater adiabatic effeciency than the Roots type blowers. You may want to look into those units. Positive displacment units have been done on the on modern 911s, so packaging shouldn't be terribly difficult. I'm not sure why you wouldn't just buy a GT2 though? Sounds like a helluva undertaking. It'll be great to see your results nevertheless.

Keep us all in the loop on tire/wheel/fender fitment. Should be fun as well.

Quick Reply: Is it August yet?